WEIGHT LOSS

firefighter88

Awards
I am 20 years old, i weigh 186, my goal weight to get is 165. I have tried everything from hydroxycut, to diet pills... i tried some methyl stuff from mexico, and ive lost ten pounds. but its just not fast enough.. Anyone out there that knows a REAL good cutting agent?? hit me up. thanks.. chris

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing is better than a clean diet rich in proteins, good fats and healthy carbs later you can pick some "stuff"!

firefighter88

Awards
I am on a good diet plan.. What "stuff" would you recommend?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I am on a good diet plan.. What "stuff" would you recommend?
obviously not if your not losing weight and recommending PH's to young people just starting out.

firefighter88

Awards
young people?? hes like the same age as me. ha.. well that other guy is my workout buddy..

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
young people?? hes like the same age as me. ha.. well that other guy is my workout buddy..
so being 5'10" 141 lbs and under is 21 is a good idea to start popping pills?

In most cases being inexperienced and usin PH's at that age is just going to be detrimental to gains and health.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would worry less about showing off my abs and more about building a quality physique. If you have the mentality of fast-results only, then you will never make the level of permanent gains that you are seeking.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I would worry less about showing off my abs and more about building a quality physique. If you have the mentality of fast-results only, then you will never make the level of permanent gains that you are seeking.
woah - that's a name i haven't seen around here or i haven't been in the same forums as you for a very long time.

welcome back?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
woah - that's a name i haven't seen around here or i haven't been in the same forums as you for a very long time.

welcome back?
Must have missed me. I've never been absent for more than a few days.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 20 years old, i weigh 186, my goal weight to get is 165. I have tried everything from hydroxycut, to diet pills... i tried some methyl stuff from mexico, and ive lost ten pounds. but its just not fast enough.. Anyone out there that knows a REAL good cutting agent?? hit me up. thanks.. chris
Why are you so concerned with getting to a SCALE weight? You should be more concerned with your BODY COMPOSITION. If you go from 186lb to 165lb you could potentially lose a lot of muscle mass (and most guys don't want to be skinny; they actually want muscle mass so that they look decent). Hoever, if most of what you have to lose is fat weight, then you'd be better off gaining some muscle, so that your body looks AND functions better overall re metabolism and fat loss.

Also bear in mind that the safest amount of weight that one can lose per week in order to keep those losses permanent is 0.5kg (i.e. 1.1lb)/0.5-0.7% bodyfat, and anything lost faster than that is likely to rebound straight back on (and then SOME MORE) once you have stopped dieting or cutting and return to normal.

stefang

Awards
Also bear in mind that the safest amount of weight that one can lose per week in order to keep those losses permanent is 0.5kg (i.e. 1.1lb)/0.5-0.7% bodyfat, and anything lost faster than that is likely to rebound straight back on (and then SOME MORE) once you have stopped dieting or cutting and return to normal.
Hmm, can you explain this formula.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, can you explain this formula.
It's not a formula. And it's pretty self explanatory: As I said, the faster you lose weight, the less likely you are to keep it off. And the faster it's lost, the more likely you are to lose muscle mass (which you DON'T want to lose). And when you get rebound weight gain when you return to normal re diet (since most people diet to lose weight/fat), most of what you get back is fat, if it has been lost too quickly.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
but is the safe weight loss number for regular diets or for CKD as well? I've been in CKD since monday... I've already lost 1 lb. <.5kilo...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but is the safe weight loss number for regular diets or for CKD as well? I've been in CKD since monday... I've already lost 1 lb. <.5kilo...
It doesn't matter WHAT diet you're using.

As for CKD, of course you're going to lose weight very fast the first week you're on it. However, MOST of the weight you lose during the first week is going to be from glycogen and water, since you're not eating (much) carbohydrates (and 1g of glycogen holds 3g of water in your body), and not that much from fat loss. After the first week on CKD weight loss will slow down, because you will start losing fat (and muscle).

As soon as you stop CKD you're automatically going to gain a good few pounds, and most of that will be food and water weight.

I suggest that you do some research on nutrition, biochemistry, and physiology, so that you better understand the process your body goes through when you go on a diet.

Like I said, don't EVER be concerned with the SCALE WEIGHT; go by BODY COMPOSITION!!!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It doesn't matter WHAT diet you're using.

As for CKD, of course you're going to lose weight very fast the first week you're on it. However, MOST of the weight you lose during the first week is going to be from glycogen and water, since you're not eating (much) carbohydrates (and 1g of glycogen holds 3g of water in your body), and not that much from fat loss. After the first week on CKD weight loss will slow down, because you will start losing fat (and muscle).

As soon as you stop CKD you're automatically going to gain a good few pounds, and most of that will be food and water weight.

I suggest that you do some research on nutrition, biochemistry, and physiology, so that you better understand the process your body goes through when you go on a diet.

Like I said, don't EVER be concerned with the SCALE WEIGHT; go by BODY COMPOSITION!!!

I never done the CKD diet but i agree with you with (the research and learn)

bmxrazr

Awards
Got to agree with the "not looking at the scale, but rather what you see in the mirror" idea. I lost 80 lbs about 5 years ago and have kept it off ever since then. Granted when I started out, I didn't know SH*T about loosing weight so I did everything and anything you can think off, from starving myself to popping pills (When Hydroxycut WAS THE SH*T). Once the weight stopped coming off, I decided the best thing to do was start READING AND RESEARCHING about eating healthy, manipulating diets when you have hit the plateau and the importance of good weight training and cardio. Pills are not a fast fix and diets only work for a specific amount of time. You must dedicate yourself to understanding your body and learning as much as you can from the internet, books, even trial and error. I know this is not what the OP wanted to here, but unless you want to yo-yo your body weight and just f*ck up your metabolism, the best thing to do is research and learn. Remember, it took you a time to put on that weight, and it will take time for it to come off properly.