Jack3d vs. Maniac..?

Cappy

Awards
With the recent release of AI's Maniac and the fact that Jack3d is currently out of stock I wanted to take the opportunity to get opinions...

Been using Jack3d for a bit now and very happy but love AI's other products. Everyone claims their preworkout sup is the best... So is Maniac better than Jack3d..? If so, why..?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
might wanna wait till people have tried it lol

I'm sure there is only a few ppl so far that have tested Maniac

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
If you factor out the free one week glycobol, the price to me seems high. I don't like jacked, but if its working for you, I can not see how this will do anything more for you. You can pick up No-Shotgun now for 32.99 which blows this ingredient profile out of the water. Pre-workout drinks are a huge money maker and for the most part they are a dime a dozen. Maniac seems no different. Nothing ground breaking at all...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
What sets NO-ShotGun apart..?
Simple.... The ingredients.. There is no comparison...

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 28

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories ~81 **
Total Fat 0 0%
Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Sodium 65 mg 2.6%
Protein 20 g 40%

Protein Hydrolysate Matrix Yeilding 22% Glutamine Peptide, 21% BCAA Peptide, & 41% EAA's 9660 mg **
Casein Protein Hydrolysate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Whey Protein Isolate

Proprietary Branched Chain Ethyl Ester Amino Acid Matrix
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Arginine, L-Valine Ethyl Ester, L-2-Aminopentanoic Acid (L-nor-Valine), L-Alanyl Glutamine, L-Arginine Ethyl Ester di-HCl, L-IsoleucineEthyl Ester HCl, L-Leucine Ethyl Ester HCl

Proprietary Muscle Volumizing, NO2, Insulinotrophic Matrix 10055 mg **
Creatine Gluconate
CEX (Creatine Ethyl Ester HCl)
Creatine Taurinate
Creatine Monohydrate
COP (Creatinol-O-Phosphate)
Di-Na Creatine Phosphate Tetrahydrate
Di-L-Arginine Malate
Citrulline Malate
Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester
MTB Pump (Magnesium Tanshinoate B)
Bis Picolinato Oxo Vanadium (BPOV)
Gamma- Butyrobetaine

Power, Speed, Strength and Endurance Matrix
Beta-Alanine/Beta-Alanine Ethyl Ester HCl
Guanidinopropionic Acid (GPA)
L-Histadine
KIC (Ketoisocaproic Acid Calcium)
Phosphates
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCl)~250%
Creatine Magnesium Chelate

Redline Energy and Meltdown Fat Burning Technology 377 mg **
L-Tyrosine
Caffeine Anhydrous
Beta-Phenylethylamine HCl
Hordenine HCl
Folate (as Folic Acid)~100%
R-beta-Methylphenylethylamine

Cappy

Awards
So, you're saying in your experience NO-Shotgun beats out Jack3d and this new Maniac supp...

What didn't you like about Jack3d..?

So, you're saying in your experience NO-Shotgun beats out Jack3d and this new Maniac supp...

What didn't you like about Jack3d..?
He couldn't explain half those ingredients to you and why they are used just that it has many ingredients listed.

Last person I would listen and take advice on about supplementation.

Could be a great formula but he is clueless on why.

Cappy

Awards
USP Labs to the rescue..! So, what's your take..? Why is your product better than Maniac..?

USP Labs to the rescue..! So, what's your take..? Why is your product better than Maniac..?
I'm not here to pass judgement on other products.

The best advice would be try both and come to your conclusion.

Jack3D is always sold out for a reason and not just at nutraplanet but from GNC to Vitamin Shoppe and every distributor in the states and around the world.

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
while Shotgun does have numerous ingredients, my question are they dosed to be effective?

OP, search for Jack3d...I am sure it's available.. :)

As mentioned, if it ain't broke, don't fix it..unless of course you simply want to try another source.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

The best advice would be try both and come to your conclusion.....
Good post! :thumbsup:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
He couldn't explain half those ingredients to you and why they are used just that it has many ingredients listed.

Last person I would listen and take advice on about supplementation.

Could be a great formula but he is clueless on why.
I'll actually delete what I posted since I'm the bigger person. There is no need for comments like yours above. You are inciting problems. I understand that is a method of promotion for you, but I'm not going to bite this time.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jacked is very popular maniac is new if you want to get in and try it for yourself go for it. Everybody is different you might love maniac and then you could have 2 pre workout drinks jacked and maniac I personally have a couple I use and it's just because I like a different tast or feeling every now and again.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many grams of protein does jacked contain?? or wait... Jack23rerd contain?

Never claimed to be an expert, but I know what works. I mean, jacked and prime together is like being "ON", right? I know BS marketing when I see it though...
You suggested NO-Shotgun in a different thread at the expense of Jack3d. I asked what your experience with Jack3d was, but you did not respond to that question. Now, you may like NO-Shotgun, and that is fine, but it is not constructive to debase other products just to highlight your NO-Shotgun.
I am not sure what Jack3d has to do with BS Marketing. Furthermore, before your last post, no one here had mentioned PRIME, so it is unclear what your motivation is. Jack3d was released without hype. It was (and is) a simple formula that turned out to become the favourites of many. You cannot condemn it without having tried it. The same goes for MANIAC. As far as I can see, it is a nice blend. You condemned it without having tried it. How credible is that? I agree one cannot try every product around to form an opinion, but it makes your position less credible when you brush off products you never tried.

By the way, NO-Shotgun looks like an all-in-one pre-workout supplement. Jack3d is positioned differently.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
You suggested NO-Shotgun in a different thread at the expense of Jack3d. I asked what your experience with Jack3d was, but you did not respond to that question. Now, you may like NO-Shotgun, and that is fine, but it is not constructive to debase other products just to highlight your NO-Shotgun.
I am not sure what Jack3d has to do with BS Marketing. Furthermore, before your last post, no one here had mentioned PRIME, so it is unclear what your motivation is. Jack3d was released without hype. It was (and is) a simple formula that turned out to become the favourites of many. You cannot condemn it without having tried it. The same goes for MANIAC. As far as I can see, it is a nice blend. You condemned it without having tried it. How credible is that? I agree one cannot try every product around to form an opinion, but it makes your position less credible when you brush off products you never tried.

By the way, NO-Shotgun looks like an all-in-one pre-workout supplement. Jack3d is positioned differently.
Please see my post above as it was changed prior to you posting this.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Now, you may like NO-Shotgun, and that is fine, but it is not constructive to debase other products just to highlight your
How is it constructive to do the same to members like Jacob did to me above?

My experience with Jacked is, I bought three and then sold them after I tried it....

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is it constructive to do the same to members like Jacob did to me above?
He did not attack any competing product. He simply reacted to the way you dismissed Jack3d. Your dismissal of MANIC! is just as unfair to Anabolic Innovations' White Label Line. Sometimes, it is not what one says, rather how one says it that makes all the difference!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
You made the first move, Sir!
I guess I did by responding to a users question.... Damn it, I keep forgetting.... OH wait this is a message board... Not every post is going to fly the USP flag. Criticism is part of the business. I would not hear this response if someone asked about a muscletech product... To each is there own

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
He did not attack any competing product. He simply reacted to the way you dismissed Jack3d. Your dismissal of MANIC! is just as unfair to Anabolic Innovations' White Label Line. Sometimes, it is not what one says, rather how one says it that makes all the difference!
Please explain how I "attacked" a product vs. giving my personal opinion to a question a member asked? Can my opinion not be that Jacked does not compare to NO-Shotgun? Must I walk on eggshells with my opinions.. Thats the problem with these boards... God forbid you say a sponsors product is inferior to something else.. Its my opinion, I think i'm entitled to that...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I did by responding to a users question.... Damn it, I keep forgetting.... OH wait this is a message board... Not every post is going to fly the USP flag. Criticism is part of the business. I would not hear this response if someone asked about a muscletech product... To each is there own
I will try not to spend too much time responding to your posts, as you do not want to see the gist of the matter. The answer to the question: Which is better, A or B? can never be C. C is just not an option. Yet, you can introduce C by saying you had not tried A or B, but like C from experience. Furthermore, no one is upset when someone that has actually used Jack3d or any other USPLabs product for that matter leaves a negative feedback on it. What is not right is to downright condemn a product you have not yet used. Even if you claim to have used Jack3d (which I doubt), you certainly could not have used MANIAC! yet, which you also dismissed. USPLabs has nothing against criticism, as long as it is constructive. Your critic was neither founded on experience nor on facts. That is the difference!

I fail to see the significance of the Muscletech reference. I have never criticized any Muscletech product, because I have not used any. Besides, I hardly criticize any company's product. If I do not like a particular product from experience, I simply avoid the thread on the product.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I will try not to spend too much time responding to your posts, as you do not want to see the gist of the matter. The answer to the question: Which is better, A or B? can never be C. C is just not an option. Yet, you can introduce C by saying you had not tried A or B, but like C from experience. Furthermore, no one is upset when someone that has actually used Jack3d or any other USPLabs product for that matter leaves a negative feedback on it. What is not right is to downright condemn a product you have not yet used. Even if you claim to have used Jack3d (which I doubt), you certainly could not have used MANIAC! yet, which you also dismissed. USPLabs has nothing against criticism, as long as it is constructive. Your critic was neither founded on experience nor on facts. That is the difference!

I fail to see the significance of the Muscletech reference. I have never criticized any Muscletech product, because I have not used any. Besides, I hardly criticize any company's product. If I do not like a particular product from experience, I simply avoid the thread on the product.
I bought three tubs of it. Sold two sealed to a member here and the open one on BB.com. Where did I dismiss the product? Its my opinion that there is nothing ground breaking in it and that is truth. I also said it looks identical to every thing else in this over saturated pre-workout market. Am I wrong? It's my opinion and I'm sorry its not the same as yours, but the truth is there are many members who value my opinion especially on pre-workout products.

Thanks for the rep guys!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please explain how I "attacked" a product ...
Review your earlier posts and you should find the answer to your question.

Can my opinion not be that Jacked does not compare to NO-Shotgun?
Does Jack3d have to contain proteins? Does JP8 have to contain proteins? Does Ultima have to contain proteins? Are all these products, which are favourites for many users, inferior to NO-Shotgun just because they do not contain proteins?

...Its my opinion, I think i'm entitled to that...
Just because an opinion is a voluntary and personal thing does not mean it automatically makes sense. To be taken seriously, you have to base your opinion on facts and first-hand experience.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
jacked is very popular maniac is new if you want to get in and try it for yourself go for it. Everybody is different you might love maniac and then you could have 2 pre workout drinks jacked and maniac I personally have a couple I use and it's just because I like a different tast or feeling every now and again.
Another great post! :thumbsup:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Does Jack3d have to contain proteins? Does JP8 have to contain proteins? Does Ultima have to contain proteins? Are all these products, which are favourites for many users, inferior to NO-Shotgun just because they do not contain proteins?
No they don't obviously.... Your question is ridiculous... Ultima looks like a solid innovative product. JP8 is a great product from personal experience. NO-Shotgun is a great product from personal experience. Jacked, I was not impressed with at all except to use before going out drinking. Maniac based on its ingredients does not look super promising and would choose one of the above products over it. That is my opinion based on personal experience. Maniac could be great, but at first glance it doesn't jump off the page. The amount of servings could be its strong point unless it ends up you needing more than 2 scoops.

But when you factor in 20g of protein per serving into the cost, it becomes an even sweeter looking deal,... NO?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

The best advice would be try both and come to your conclusion.

Jack3D is always sold out for a reason and not just at nutraplanet but from GNC to Vitamin Shoppe and every distributor in the states and around the world.

This x2

I have heard some very good things about Jack3d

I think MANIAC! must be better because it only uses letters in its name and no numbers. :nervous:

Also it has an exclamation point how can it get any better. :hitit:

Hey how about you stack em lol

Not sure how the one poster got over priced with 80 servings for $32.99 :dunno:

Cappy

Awards
Yeh, I actually thought Maniac had a good price point of 80 servings (1 scoop serving size) for ~$33 whereas Jack3d (Much love) I have to take 3 scoops and it only has 45 servings (1 scoop serving size but, directions say take 3)...

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Well nothing against shotgun but with the added protein, it gives me the dumps, they tried to make this comparable to action of a steroid by trying to stimulate protein synthesis with nitrogen retention, unfortunately things don't work that way.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Yeh, I actually thought Maniac had a good price point of 80 servings (1 scoop serving size) for ~$33 whereas Jack3d (Much love) I have to take 3 scoops and it only has 45 servings (1 scoop serving size but, directions say take 3)...
The price point is actually quite good if 2 scoops is the max someone would need. 40 servings is nice.

Maniac probably will be better than jack3d since it doesn't use a number in its name...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Well nothing against shotgun but with the added protein, it gives me the dumps, they tried to make this comparable to action of a steroid by trying to stimulate protein synthesis with nitrogen retention, unfortunately things don't work that way.
I think that is true with all pre-workout products. Superpump, which I don't like, gives me no digestive problems while others it seems to really affect. That aspect always seems to be a crap shoot. LG's Cold Fusion gave me horrible dumps. Nothing has compared to Cold Fusion in that department...

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established

Agree Ike.... Different people will like and respond differently to different supps. To say one is better over the other is just hype. There is no way to prove any of it. What works best for you is what you should use. For some it will be jack3d and for others it may be maniac!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i would add nos ether level one in with the two original supplements mentioned, though it lacks stims. especially at the sale price of $20. endurance, strength, and pumps are great. i am up 5lbs in 8-9 days. yeah, a creatine super responder. lol

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
i would add nos ether level one in with the two original supplements mentioned, though it lacks stims. especially at the sale price of $20. endurance, strength, and pumps are great. i am up 5lbs in 8-9 days. yeah, a creatine super responder. lol
Gotta love the nos ether lev 1 at that price! Good stuff, basic ingredients proven to work, and its from Diesel! How can you go wrong!!!! $20!!!!!

I'm done now.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jack3d only worked for me at mega dose (5 scoops) whereas JP8 turns me into a monster off 1.

Now Jack3d tastes better, mixes better and gives me a better pump, but JP8 trumps it on all other grounds for me, but i can see why the guys who dont want the crash and possibly the amped feeling would use Jack3d but its a bit to mild for me.

As for Maniac im looking forward to trying it but as you probably guessed its going to take a lot to beat JP8 for me.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think everyone should just chew coffee beans caveman style.
I just got back from the florist, I have been munching on Geraniums all day...

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I really liked Jack3d, it just didn't last long enough for me to make it seem worth it.
I would be up for buying a larger size Jack3d if it was around ~$40 or so.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No doubt all of this will be taken into consideration, remember in terms of its life cycle its still an infant.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jack3d only worked for me at mega dose (5 scoops)....
I doff my hat! Most people would crawl on the floor all day at that dose! Consider Palo Alto Labs' Reset AD or USPowders' Focus Dirt for adrenal support, in case you are over-stimmed.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree Ike.... Different people will like and respond differently to different supps. To say one is better over the other is just hype. There is no way to prove any of it. What works best for you is what you should use. For some it will be jack3d and for others it may be maniac!
Good post!

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I doff my hat! Most people would crawl on the floor all day at that dose! Consider Palo Alto Labs' Reset AD or USPowders' Focus Dirt for adrenal support, in case you are over-stimmed.
Considered that matey, did 2 bottles back to back without so much as caffiene (4 hours on the mats nearly killed me lol).

Didnt do a think.

Maybe im just a non-responder as the normal dose range.

KmuL

KmuL

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the general opinion of trying both....heck, they're both so cheap you can buy both for less than what you would pay for one preworkout supp at a brick and mortar store :cool:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have some maniac on the way, the price for 80 servings puts it over the top at this point. However, to be fair I have not tried jack3d as of yet.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
just started jack3d last monday mixing it with Dominatp and I dont take any kind of stim ever no soda no coffee no nothing hell I was buzzing off 1 recreate when I first started taking it and man 1 scoop is enough for me I havent used a pre workout drink in years the last one I used was shock therapy but I have to say jack3d did the job I was having to make myself leave the gym just felt like I could have gone forever but 3 scoops no not for me

Cappy

Awards
I've taken Maniac now twice and as of yet I haven't really noticed much. Definitely not like Jacked; felt something the first time out...

However, I wanna give Maniac a fair shake so... Another thing is for sure, Maniacs taste and mixing is something that I see needs to be further worked on...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Hey Cappy thank you for the the initial feedback.

We had 28 beta testers on the taste and all but one came back saying they either liked it or really liked it.

How many servings are you using?

What sort of stim type preworkouts do you like the best?
What sort of other supplements do you like the taste of?

Cappy

Awards
I'm using as directed 2 scoops 30 min on a empty stomach pre-workout. In addition to the taste it also doesn't mix too well. I end up with a bunch of junk in the bottom of the shaker that I have to try and choke down...

Don't get me wrong I love AI products which is why I wanted to get my hands on Maniac. in fact i'm all about my Essentials + Joint...

I'd say right now my favorite preworkout supp is Jacked. It mixes really well and the taste is surprisingly smooth. Another thing I love about that product is that it gives me a sort of euphoric (Very strong sense of calm) effect for a pretty extensive amount of time after my workouts...

KmuL

KmuL

Awards
  • Established
I've taken Maniac now twice and as of yet I haven't really noticed much. Definitely not like Jacked; felt something the first time out...

However, I wanna give Maniac a fair shake so... Another thing is for sure, Maniacs taste and mixing is something that I see needs to be further worked on...
Hey Cappy thank you for the the initial feedback.

We had 28 beta testers on the taste and all but one came back saying they either liked it or really liked it.

How many servings are you using?

What sort of stim type preworkouts do you like the best?
What sort of other supplements do you like the taste of?
also would like to know how many scoops of Jack3d you are using to feel it....I think people with a very high tolerance to stims need to use at least 2 scoops of Maniac...although one scoop does it for me :eek:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I'm using as directed 2 scoops 30 min on a empty stomach pre-workout. In addition to the taste it also doesn't mix too well. I end up with a bunch of junk in the bottom of the shaker that I have to try and choke down...

Don't get me wrong I love AI products which is why I wanted to get my hands on Maniac. in fact i'm all about my Essentials + Joint...

I'd say right now my favorite preworkout supp is Jacked. It mixes really well and the taste is surprisingly smooth. Another thing I love about that product is that it gives me a sort of euphoric (Very strong sense of calm) effect for a pretty extensive amount of time after my workouts...
Thank you for the quick reply. This is definitely strange because I just mix mine up with a spoon and it completely mixes. It definitely should mix very easily and stay mixed.

As for choking it down I am just not understanding that at all but each person has their own tastes.

I say send it back because that just is not right.

Thanks