Vitamin C and adrenal fatigue ???

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Quick question, it is quite apparent that i have adrenal fatigue or exaustion, going to get some bloodwork done though to help verify on Thursday. Anyways, what i have been pondering is if vitamin c is recommended to those who have adrenal fatigue and low cortisol, than why would you want to take high doses of vitamin c which are supposed to reduce cortisol levels ?? I know that the adrenal cortex has the highest concentration of this vitamin than anywhere else in the body, but i cant wrap my head around why you take it. Anybody able to clear this up for me ?? Thanks.

By the way, sorry about my hiatus from AM, just been busy with life and stressed as well. I'll try to drop by more often.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
My adrenals are zapped too from heavy stim usage. I think I'm gonna give Reset Ad a try on my next NP order. I take 2-3 grams of C a day now.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
My adrenals are zapped too from heavy stim usage. I think I'm gonna give Reset Ad a try on my next NP order. I take 2-3 grams of C a day now.
what sort of results have you gained from consuming 2-3g of vit c so far?

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 4-5 g of vitamin c this past week and though i feel like i have more pep in my step, i also feel like i'm going through a detox or "die-off" stage because i feel like ****. My allergies have been really bad lately and it could just be that.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
what sort of results have you gained from consuming 2-3g of vit c so far?
I don't think it helps much in terms of adrenal fatigue for me. It has helped my immune system,no colds or flu for the last few years,and I think it helps my joints due to increased collagen production.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I think acute high dosages of vit c at the beginning of treating burnout is very beneficial to restore supply to the glands. After a few months its probably fine to run a much lower maintinence dose. IMO.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quercetin+C helps me immensely when I get adrenal fatigue.It is also assists me with my allergies.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
I have been running 3g of vit-c recently this past week and i dont know if this is a coincidence but i got hit but a pretty nasty flu/cold.

on the bright side though, while on this dose of vit-c, i have noticed a strong decrease in muscle DOMS

im gonna try to lower it to 1.5g

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Quercetin+C helps me immensely when I get adrenal fatigue.It is also assists me with my allergies.
This is good stuff, i have some of that in the cupard too. I take it on those days that regular claritin just isnt enough.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is good stuff, i have some of that in the cupard too. I take it on those days that regular claritin just isnt enough.
It has a positive impact on my mood,also,probably due to it`s COMT inhibition.In my opinion,it is one of the most underrated supplements.I love the stuff.