Something smells Fishy!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok ladies and gents!
First i would like to give you some history on my life, then you will see where im going with this. ha.
I was diagnosed with chrones disease when i was in 9th grade. I have been struggling with it ever since, until now. I have been on all sorts of meds. Pentasa, Remicade, Prednisone, etc. All of these meds suck, side effects and all. I based my life that these meds would fix my problem and "somewhat" change my diet to help with the inflammation on the ulcers. I was doing pretty good and regular bowels, until my g-paw passed which had stressed me out. Which from the stress, inflammation spiked. I was sent to the hospital and stayed there for a week till things "healed". This was about freshman year of college. Things had not been the same since then.
Stress/Inflamation started taking over. Dry joints, anxiety, pressure in chest, pain in chest, high cholesterol, depression, catabalism etc. etc. I was feeling like crap. I thought my body was 60 yrs old.

Then i started reading, i would reccomend these books for anyone. "the makers diet" and "anti-inflamation zone diet" similar to The zone diet. These books explain how there is silent inflammation through out the whole body that causes heart attacks, joint problems/arthritis, gastro intestinal problems, strokes, high colesterol etc. Silent inflammation which is mostly ignored then turns into "screaming" inflamation. This is when we start to notice problems, cause its "screaming". Ha, Dur. In both of these books they talk about how much a high omega diet helps ward off inflamation.
"the makers diet" also explains how to fight mental and physical stress. Some of it is self explanitory. But the supplements that are made by Garden of life. Are amazing! The diet that is layed out for you is a cleansing type diet for 40 days. The diet is a HIGH Omega diet. Of coarse i have fish oil in my diet. The Fish oil is a concentrated type that is about 4g in a serving I take these 3 times daily. On top of this is olive oil imported, organic. Quality is alot more important. In my diet i basicall cut out breads and such. I get most of my carbs from fruit and vegies.
I wanted to post this up to tell people about the company, books, diet. The diet and supplements are helping me out soooooooo much. I feel great. I actually feel how a healthy 21 year old should feel!
I have seen many other posts about people preaching on how you should take fish oil. I just wanted to give my two cents, and preach also! If you dont want to buy the books. Then atleast try some fishoil in strong concentration. Whats there to loose. Plus the benefits are more than i can count on my hands and feet!. OH and plus im keeping my gains! apparently A high omega diet can be pretty anabolic. Now of coarse ask your doc first. I would not suggest it for peeps on blood thinning meds, So ive heard.

Now if you seem sceptic about this. Even my blood results were pretty sweet. MY inflammation had dropped lower than i ever had since my diagnosis! I just wish i had known about all of this when i was in high school.

I suggest for the peeps that dont believe me. Look it up, do some research. Im positive that you will find plenty of research to back up this stuff. Now if you want to be cheap on buying fish oil and start buying the costco economy package, 6000 pills for 4 bucks, (exadurated i know) just make sure to keep an eye on your mineral intake. All of those products are not pure fish oil.

Also real olive oil is normally in a dark container. normally green. The light exposure ruins the quality. Your money really goes a long way on the product. Olive oil also should not be used for cooking. I would suggest coconut oil which is also full of omegas and does not get ruined when under heat. Olive oil i would use for shakes, cold products, or just by itself.

I think i covered it and got it all down. I apologize for the bad spelling, real tired.

Thanx for reading. God Bless.

shotdead42

Awards
congrats my man, i wana ask u a question.
Using olive oil wen cooking is bad? buh i do that all the time =(

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll prolly look into the anti-inflammation zone book. I'm a huge fan of the zone, I have a link in my sig to my zone meal of the week, which I really do need to update. Glad to hear things are going better for you man.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Also real olive oil is normally in a dark container. normally green. The light exposure ruins the quality. Your money really goes a long way on the product. Olive oil also should not be used for cooking. I would suggest coconut oil which is also full of omegas and does not get ruined when under heat. Olive oil i would use for shakes, cold products, or just by itself.

how come we shouldn't use olive oil in cooking?

also coconut oil has omegas in it? i thought it was triglycerides that were the good stuff in coconut oil?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
congrats my man, i wana ask u a question.
Using olive oil wen cooking is bad? buh i do that all the time =(
I know we are told by so many people to cook it to help the food from not sticking! i think people are told mainly for the taste. But its pretty much nothing but empty calories after its cooked under extreme heat. this is what a read and told. Im not sure actually how it happens..... sorry boss but i was bad about this also.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I know we are told by so many people to cook it to help the food from not sticking! i think people are told mainly for the taste. But its pretty much nothing but empty calories after its cooked under extreme heat. this is what a read and told. Im not sure actually how it happens..... sorry boss but i was bad about this also.
So squirt some on after food is cooked? :wave2:

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I'll prolly look into the anti-inflammation zone book. I'm a huge fan of the zone, I have a link in my sig to my zone meal of the week, which I really do need to update. Glad to hear things are going better for you man.
Yeah i have seen your blog. VEry nice! alot of good info. I kinda incorporated the zone diet into the makers diet so its even mroe of a strict diet. You should check it out if you a big fan of the zone.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
how come we shouldn't use olive oil in cooking?

also coconut oil has omegas in it? i thought it was triglycerides that were the good stuff in coconut oil?

Hydrogenated polyunsaturates. Maybe its the non organic kind.... Buy the extra virgain coconut oil.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I also would like to mention that if there is somone wants a healthier life, needs to rejuvanate, or even after doing some cycles and wants to get the toxins out. check these books out! this would deff help for an off cycle.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Great Post Madds!!

I to have crohns! Had it over 17yrs now and drs think i was born with it!

Sadly tho, ive tryed EVERYTHING you have mentioned and MORE. Nothing has ever worked. Only thing thats kept me goin this long has been Remicade, which really isnt doin much now days :( Owell Tis Life!

Tho im am VERY happy to hear your story and that you are now doing so well! Keep up what ever works for ya bro and i hope you stay in remission the rest of your life!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Great Post Madds!!

I to have crohns! Had it over 17yrs now and drs think i was born with it!

Sadly tho, ive tryed EVERYTHING you have mentioned and MORE. Nothing has ever worked. Only thing thats kept me goin this long has been Remicade, which really isnt doin much now days :( Owell Tis Life!

Tho im am VERY happy to hear your story and that you are now doing so well! Keep up what ever works for ya bro and i hope you stay in remission the rest of your life!
Teg bro, i really appreciate your post. Its also good to hear there are other guys who love to workout that have chrones also.... I am very sorry to hear that you have not found anything that will help. Remicade is an awsome drug, but you also hate it.... Pleeeeaassse read the book i suggested "The makers Diet" the guy that wrote the book had chrones disease. Alot of his products are made for chrones patients, but can be used for healthy peeps. The products help man. sooooo much. Atleast use them as a staple. Especially for somone that has chrones. He believe in herbal methods, and healthy cleansing. The name of the products are called "garden of life" Alot of quality behind them. Good luck bro. Keep me informed on how your doing man. But keep trying bro dont give up! im not on remission yet but im crossing my fingers.....

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Teg bro, i really appreciate your post. Its also good to hear there are other guys who love to workout that have chrones also.... I am very sorry to hear that you have not found anything that will help. Remicade is an awsome drug, but you also hate it.... Pleeeeaassse read the book i suggested "The makers Diet" the guy that wrote the book had chrones disease. Alot of his products are made for chrones patients, but can be used for healthy peeps. The products help man. sooooo much. Atleast use them as a staple. Especially for somone that has chrones. He believe in herbal methods, and healthy cleansing. The name of the products are called "garden of life" Alot of quality behind them. Good luck bro. Keep me informed on how your doing man. But keep trying bro dont give up! im not on remission yet but im crossing my fingers.....
Ya! Love lifting! Lifting actually helps me feel better!

Ya i have read it, and actually its sittin right next to me along with The Zone and many many others. Ive had em for years, and tryed em all many times over, and nothing for me! Im not one of those ppl who is ignorant about there condition nor life for that matter. I study/research, try things that others say wont work, etc. just cause i know that for some things will work for, others, not so much. Just like you, you can eat Fruits and Veggies, me on the other hand, no way.... WAAAAY to much pain and makes everything worse!!!

I have alot of knowledge and experiance but am always open to new ideas!

Keep this post open and going bro!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ya! Love lifting! Lifting actually helps me feel better!

Ya i have read it, and actually its sittin right next to me along with The Zone and many many others. Ive had em for years, and tryed em all many times over, and nothing for me! Im not one of those ppl who is ignorant about there condition nor life for that matter. I study/research, try things that others say wont work, etc. just cause i know that for some things will work for, others, not so much. Just like you, you can eat Fruits and Veggies, me on the other hand, no way.... WAAAAY to much pain and makes everything worse!!!

I have alot of knowledge and experiance but am always open to new ideas!

Keep this post open and going bro!
DAng man...... I know i used to be pissed well still am about people that have chrones and they never have problems..... Im like WTF! why can i be like that!? lol But im very sorry to hear that boss.... I hear yah about the research im a health nut anyways so im always trying to figure out new stuff..... I hope you figure out something and just for people like you im going to keep this post a roaring!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I also noticed it took me a while to notice anything. But once it started kicking in IT KICKED IN BUDDY! I take about 30-40 g of PURE omegas.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I would also like to mention that this post is not for just people that are sick. This diet is for anyone.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Hydrogenated polyunsaturates. Maybe its the non organic kind.... Buy the extra virgain coconut oil.
It's the organic virgin coconut oil i use :) cold pressed and unrefined 100% pure!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
It's the organic virgin coconut oil i use :) cold pressed and unrefined 100% pure!
You the man! Thats the way to do it son! ha. No sense in gettting that cheap crap!

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
^^^ Usually get what ya pay for! Sometimes tho, especially in times like these, ya have no choice but to go cheapy cheap!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yes this is true also. But ive learned to get the more expensive stuff when it has to do with this stuff. But if you have to get something! ha.
I agree man. times like these are tough... Im just thankful i have a steady job right now.... So its not hurting me yet...... yet.....

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Irregardless, it is still better than using regular cooking oil. That was the whole point in using it, I believe, but correct me if i am wrong on the matter.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The bulk versions of fish oil at coscto is good, but, if you want a high grade of epa/dha balance, then buy brand that SHOWS the amount of EPA/DHA that is higher. Costco's brand is 1,000mg with only 300mg of PURE fish oil.

That is basically 150mg per, at best, which is inadequate. You would have to take 2 pills 3 times a day to get the "adequate" amount of epa/dha. That's to much filler. Also, the fact that I can't split a fish oil pill gives me more of one than I really need because usually, most pills are higher in epa than dha. Or vise versa.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
The bulk versions of fish oil at coscto is good, but, if you want a high grade of epa/dha balance, then buy brand that SHOWS the amount of EPA/DHA that is higher. Costco's brand is 1,000mg with only 300mg of PURE fish oil.

That is basically 150mg per, at best, which is inadequate. You would have to take 2 pills 3 times a day to get the "adequate" amount of epa/dha. That's to much filler. Also, the fact that I can't split a fish oil pill gives me more of one than I really need because usually, most pills are higher in epa than dha. Or vise versa.
Hey i understand fish oi; is fish oil. I think i will pass on the cheap kind though. This is just my opinion. I think its more quality maybe its all in my head, but i really dont think so. Since to make pure fish oil is an expensive process the product would be more expensive. SO thats why i buy the more expensive stuff. I get mine from the garden of life. or if i want pills i go to my herb store and buy the finest. you do feel the diff. Plus the price diff. ha about 32$ ouchies.....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Irregardless, it is still better than using regular cooking oil. That was the whole point in using it, I believe, but correct me if i am wrong on the matter.
Yes that is true. it is better than regular cooking oil, by only so much. V. coconut oil beats the olive oil, and deff beats the regular cooking oil by a long run!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

Also with only a 150mg, that sucks. Thats a ton of pills! thats why i buy the more expensive stuff of coarse looking at how much im getting out of it too. Liquid is really the way to go. just gotta bare the taste.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking about starting a log adding onto this. But i just wanted to mention how i feel, and it is amazing! kind of a euphoric feeling. what you guys think about a log?

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Well first off, im stoked to hear your feeling good brotha!

Secondly, what are you waiting for? A log not only helps you keep track and get encouragement from others, but you get to learn from others, and others from you! You inspire, you create action and thoughts! Its a good thing bro and i cant stress enough about how good it is just to have one going so that you have guys that you can count on and then you wont want to dissapoint either, so you push even when you feel like your trashed, you just do it!

My vote = DO IT, DO IT NOW!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Hey i understand fish oi; is fish oil. I think i will pass on the cheap kind though. This is just my opinion. I think its more quality maybe its all in my head, but i really dont think so. Since to make pure fish oil is an expensive process the product would be more expensive. SO thats why i buy the more expensive stuff. I get mine from the garden of life. or if i want pills i go to my herb store and buy the finest. you do feel the diff. Plus the price diff. ha about 32$ ouchies.....
Yeah, that's what I was saying in that post, not to buy the cheap stuff...lol, but yeah, your right, the expensive stuff is WAY better than buying the cheap unless you don't mind downing twice as many pills a day as the expensive stuff..
I recently started my dad (84yrs old) on vitamins and fish oils, and he says he feels great now...I KNOW his bowel movements are WAY MORE FREQUENT than they used to be...it went from 3 times a week to 2 times a day...so, kudos to the fish oils

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Secondly, what are you waiting for? A log not only helps you keep track and get encouragement from others, but you get to learn from others, and others from you! You inspire, you create action and thoughts! Its a good thing bro and i cant stress enough about how good it is just to have one going so that you have guys that you can count on and then you wont want to dissapoint either, so you push even when you feel like your trashed, you just do it!

:yup:

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's what I was saying in that post, not to buy the cheap stuff...lol, but yeah, your right, the expensive stuff is WAY better than buying the cheap unless you don't mind downing twice as many pills a day as the expensive stuff..
I recently started my dad (84yrs old) on vitamins and fish oils, and he says he feels great now...I KNOW his bowel movements are WAY MORE FREQUENT than they used to be...it went from 3 times a week to 2 times a day...so, kudos to the fish oils
Awsome dude! im stocked for your dad! especially at that age im sure its nice to be feeling better! Thats cool to see how fish oil is helping him in the oppostie way its helping me. Interesting. Just shows its inflammation fellas.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

Ha. Ok. ill start it in a bit!

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
hi crohn's people. can i ask what meds/supps you guys have used that truly helped out you disease? mine got so horrible lately that i was in the hospital for a month bleeding and lost 20lbs, and now im on remicade. 2nd tranfusion was last week, and i feel im geting a little better day by day.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
hi crohn's people. can i ask what meds/supps you guys have used that truly helped out you disease? mine got so horrible lately that i was in the hospital for a month bleeding and lost 20lbs, and now im on remicade. 2nd tranfusion was last week, and i feel im geting a little better day by day.
Hello my friend. Well crohnes is no fun buddy. Mine has not get any better either. I have been trying to find new traditions/diets. I would be glad to inform you on the stuff i have found out through the 9 years i have had it. These traditions will not a be a cure all or might not even help or could bring you too remission. Like i have learned through out the years every patient is different, well in anything really.

The "makers diet" is a book that i recommend i have learned so much of dieting and what is in our american diet. Which is not the best of diets that anyone should consider. unless your goal is to die young.
Im sure you have noticed that your diet has to be strict and needs monitoring. Some doctors say that dieting has nothing to do with crohns flare ups. I completely disagree! Then you also have docs that say you need to have no fiber in your diet. But if thats the case how come the symptoms grow worse? This then makes us wounder whether or not docters een know much about crohns. Which they dont. The only thing that i will consider that they understand is how inflammation works on crohns. Other than that i think they just scratch there head.
Remi is a very harsh drug.... Im on remi also. Have been on it for a few years now. I cant say much about how this drug is that great. Because the few years have been rough for me. This year i have had two staph MRSA infections, chronic diarhea, fatigue, severe cramping, skin infections, yeast infections, joint stiffness, ummmm and so on. lol. Like i said the year has been tough. The beginning of the year was nice cause i was doing good with out many problems. Hence this log or post.

Ok so the years i have had crohnes what would i recommend.... Lets see....
I will recommend what i do to anyone that is sick. Your body is hurting because you are sick. (i know. dur, right?) But the things that cause hurt is inflammation, silent or non, For there to be inflammation, theres toxins. Toxins are bad ranging from parasites to fungal, etc. Your remi is great for the masking of the inflammation and can help you have a regular day. The best example i can give of this would be that placing gum over a whole in a leaky bridge. lol Eventually the gum bubble is going to pop! Once the gum pops then you have problems again, or maybe be worse. Then the docs will say ok we need to change medicine or maybe even have surgery depending on your severity.
But anywho. Enough about being negative. crohnes can be controlled, but then you have to consider how everyone is different. Your diet should consist of omega high diet fish and such. I would not recommend catfish or lobster etc. they are filters and basically are the garbage men of the ocean. I would try to figure out what veggies you can eat and start eating alot of veggies more so than anything. This is the natural way of cleansing your body. I would prefer for someone to just eat organic. This can be expensive but it is well worth it. I would not eat pig. Stick to lean meats. red meat i would only eat rarely. drink filtered water. wash your face off in the morning and before bed. just have good hygeine and clean your hands all the time. Try to go after soaps that are organic and wont strip the oils off of your skin but will cleanse your body. I would also try, of coarse after you did your research, to fast. alot of docs recommend it for us patients. it can give out system a break. And could even help you out. Dont forget your fruit either i would only eat berries though for right now unless the fruit you are eating is organic. frozen can be just as good if you cant get ahold of fresh.
Im sorry your struggling brother but i believe there are going to be more and more crohnes patients and maybe be even bigger than some of our biggest killers of diseases or even maybe cancer. America has a terrible diet regimen. If america does not do anything about this soon everyone will not have a working GI tract.
But i hope this helped this was the best i could do for just pulling it off the top of my head.

Supplements:
Fish oil (high intake and natural i have some links on this stuff)
high antioxidants
hemp seed as a shake (chia pro)
multi low moderate levels of vits and minerals flinstones is good
probiotic
digestive enzymes

God Bless bro and i hope this helps!

chico1

Awards
Hello my friend. Well crohnes is no fun buddy. Mine has not get any better either. I have been trying to find new traditions/diets. I would be glad to inform you on the stuff i have found out through the 9 years i have had it. These traditions will not a be a cure all or might not even help or could bring you too remission. Like i have learned through out the years every patient is different, well in anything really.

The "makers diet" is a book that i recommend i have learned so much of dieting and what is in our american diet. Which is not the best of diets that anyone should consider. unless your goal is to die young.
Im sure you have noticed that your diet has to be strict and needs monitoring. Some doctors say that dieting has nothing to do with crohns flare ups. I completely disagree! Then you also have docs that say you need to have no fiber in your diet. But if thats the case how come the symptoms grow worse? This then makes us wounder whether or not docters een know much about crohns. Which they dont. The only thing that i will consider that they understand is how inflammation works on crohns. Other than that i think they just scratch there head.
Remi is a very harsh drug.... Im on remi also. Have been on it for a few years now. I cant say much about how this drug is that great. Because the few years have been rough for me. This year i have had two staph MRSA infections, chronic diarhea, fatigue, severe cramping, skin infections, yeast infections, joint stiffness, ummmm and so on. lol. Like i said the year has been tough. The beginning of the year was nice cause i was doing good with out many problems. Hence this log or post.

Ok so the years i have had crohnes what would i recommend.... Lets see....
I will recommend what i do to anyone that is sick. Your body is hurting because you are sick. (i know. dur, right?) But the things that cause hurt is inflammation, silent or non, For there to be inflammation, theres toxins. Toxins are bad ranging from parasites to fungal, etc. Your remi is great for the masking of the inflammation and can help you have a regular day. The best example i can give of this would be that placing gum over a whole in a leaky bridge. lol Eventually the gum bubble is going to pop! Once the gum pops then you have problems again, or maybe be worse. Then the docs will say ok we need to change medicine or maybe even have surgery depending on your severity.
But anywho. Enough about being negative. crohnes can be controlled, but then you have to consider how everyone is different. Your diet should consist of omega high diet fish and such. I would not recommend catfish or lobster etc. they are filters and basically are the garbage men of the ocean. I would try to figure out what veggies you can eat and start eating alot of veggies more so than anything. This is the natural way of cleansing your body. I would prefer for someone to just eat organic. This can be expensive but it is well worth it. I would not eat pig. Stick to lean meats. red meat i would only eat rarely. drink filtered water. wash your face off in the morning and before bed. just have good hygeine and clean your hands all the time. Try to go after soaps that are organic and wont strip the oils off of your skin but will cleanse your body. I would also try, of coarse after you did your research, to fast. alot of docs recommend it for us patients. it can give out system a break. And could even help you out. Dont forget your fruit either i would only eat berries though for right now unless the fruit you are eating is organic. frozen can be just as good if you cant get ahold of fresh.
Im sorry your struggling brother but i believe there are going to be more and more crohnes patients and maybe be even bigger than some of our biggest killers of diseases or even maybe cancer. America has a terrible diet regimen. If america does not do anything about this soon everyone will not have a working GI tract.
But i hope this helped this was the best i could do for just pulling it off the top of my head.

Supplements:
Fish oil (high intake and natural i have some links on this stuff)
high antioxidants
hemp seed as a shake (chia pro)
multi low moderate levels of vits and minerals flinstones is good
probiotic
digestive enzymes

God Bless bro and i hope this helps!
Not trying to argue, just trying to get informed, but doesnt remicade shut off the TNF gene/protein that signals a particular type of inflammation that crohns disease causes? I too have crohns, but luckily the remicade has worked wonders keeping all my symptoms at bay. I feel you on the infection front though. I get this weird bacterial infection on my skin every couple months that looks like little pimples....i think its because the remicade makes me so suseptable to infection. I think I PMed a couple of you, but has anyone run a cycle of and phs (specifically hdrol) with crohns and while on remicade? I really am trying to find out if they mix or what the interactions could be because I am highly considering doing my first cycle and running hdrol. Thanks for any input/help!

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Why are you responding to a thread that is 4 years old?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are you responding to a thread that is 4 years old?
They have Crohn's disease and are looking for help?

Chico1; Madds has used PH products (I would imagine) as he is a rep for Andro Factory.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Email me chico! Would be honored to help sir.