Vitamin C for Cortisol
- 04-19-2009, 01:18 AM
- 04-19-2009, 05:10 PM
That would work; I would suggest looking up Dinoii's ACES & B Complex dosing posts though, great info on how to dose vitamins. I wouldn't use the Vit C that close to the end of your workout.
04-19-2009, 10:05 PM
2-4g daily is ideal for cortisol levels. I would go 2g post and 4g nightly. do you dose bcaa's nightly?
04-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I need more vitamin c
04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
It has a low toxicity, about 12 grams per kilogram to kill you.
04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
03-23-2010, 09:35 PM
03-23-2010, 10:18 PM
03-23-2010, 11:29 PM
03-24-2010, 01:04 AM
ok, i read somewhere that we should NOT take anti-oxidants immediately post-workout. It's got something to do with the reduced inflammation response of the muscles due to the anti-oxidants. It is the inflammation that signals the repair and growth of the muscles. Sorry, i'm too lazy to dig up the studies on this.
03-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I think 1g in the morning would be good enough. You don't really have that terribly high cortisol except morning time?
hope you have a strong stomach, or you should choose a estyl form of Vit C.
03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
03-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Adrenolin in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 06-01-2008, 10:23 AM
- By Michellefretz in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-22-2008, 07:24 AM
- By jarhead in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-25-2008, 04:56 PM
- By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2007, 01:55 AM
- By yeahright in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM