Vitamin C for Cortisol
- 04-19-2009, 12:18 AM
- 04-19-2009, 04:10 PM
That would work; I would suggest looking up Dinoii's ACES & B Complex dosing posts though, great info on how to dose vitamins. I wouldn't use the Vit C that close to the end of your workout.
- 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
2-4g daily is ideal for cortisol levels. I would go 2g post and 4g nightly. do you dose bcaa's nightly?
04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
I need more vitamin c
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
It has a low toxicity, about 12 grams per kilogram to kill you.
04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
So what are we thinking? 1g on wake up... 1 g mid afternoon and 2gs before bed maybe?
03-23-2010, 08:35 PM
03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
For cortisol control, also consider: Ginkgo, Chromium Picolinate, Glutamine, and Valerian Root.
03-23-2010, 10:29 PM
03-24-2010, 12:04 AM
ok, i read somewhere that we should NOT take anti-oxidants immediately post-workout. It's got something to do with the reduced inflammation response of the muscles due to the anti-oxidants. It is the inflammation that signals the repair and growth of the muscles. Sorry, i'm too lazy to dig up the studies on this.
03-26-2010, 06:58 AM
I think 1g in the morning would be good enough. You don't really have that terribly high cortisol except morning time?
hope you have a strong stomach, or you should choose a estyl form of Vit C.
03-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I take around 20 grams orally daily and sometimes 100g IV from my doctor.
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By pittguy578 in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
- By kingdong in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-18-2010, 04:58 PM
- By DanielS3368 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 0Last Post: 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
- By 04svtspray in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-09-2008, 02:33 PM
- By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2007, 12:55 AM