??DMG "N-dimethylglycine"??

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever heard of the stuff? One of my friends had mentioned it to me and told me he loves the stuff. Hes a naturalist, so.... I googled the stuff. but just woundered what yall thought?
---------------------------Info---------------------------------
DMG
WHY DMG?
DMG (N,N-Dimethylglycine) is a metabolic enhancer that can provide increased benefits when supplemented even if there isn’t a deficiency.

DMG makes the process of metabolism (breaking down or building up of compounds in the body) quicker and more efficient.

DMG is a completely safe hypoallergenic nutrient.

We don’t produce as much DMG as we grow older or if we are immune compromised, which leaves us more susceptible to stress and infection.

DMG improves oxygen utilization, detoxification, cell protection, immune system modulation, and enhances the healing.

Extensive research with animals and in clinical testing shows that DMG is an adaptogen that helps maintain homeostasis.
Adaptogens like DMG normalize physiological functions and help maintain homeostasis within the body. These physiological functions include blood glucose levels, pH, blood pressure, hypoxic or low oxygen conditions, hormone levels, cholesterol levels, and levels of important biologically active nutrients. DMG has received a great deal of attention because it is beneficial in so many areas of human health and well being. Research and clinical studies over the last 25 years demonstrate that DMG can help the body overcome a number of specific health problems. Since DMG is cost effective and results are usually seen fairly quickly, it should be relatively easy to determine if DMG is for you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many reasons why DMG is important for you!
Cardiovascular Disease -
Decreases elevated triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Improves circulation, helps the body adapt to stress, decreases homocysteine levels, increases glutathione and SAMe.
Cancer -
DMG has anti-tumor properties, modulates the immune system, and helps protect DNA.
Diabetes -
DMG regulates sugar metabolism, helps production of hormones like insulin, helps with cataract prevention, and acts as an antioxidant.
Immune System -
Enhances the immune system by acting as an anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal agent.
Athletic Performance -
Increases oxygen utilization, decreases lactic acid formation, and makes energy production more efficient.
Autism -
DMG acts as a methyl donor, adaptogen, as well as impacting the immune response, and enhancing neurotransmitter production.
Alcoholism/Drug Addictions -
DMG eliminates craving for drugs and alcohol, as well as helping to detoxify the liver.
Neurological Disorders -
DMG reduces seizures frequency and strength, increases circulation, provides building blocks to important neurotransmitters and hormones, and makes energy production more efficient.
Respiratory problems -
DMG increases circulation, increases oxygen utilization, decreases lactic acid, and acts as an adaptogen.
Liver and Kidney Disorders -
DMG acts as a methyl donor, it enhances circulation, enhances glutathione and SAMe producrtion, and has lipotropic properties.
Stress -
DMG acts as an adaptogen and helps the body cope with physical, emotional and metabolic stress, acts as an antioxidant, provides building blocks, increases oxygen utilization, decreases lactic acid, and helps modulate the immune system.
Autoimmune Diseases (like Lupus) -
DMG modulates the immune response in those with autoimmune diseases.
Cataract Prevention –
DMG’s increases circulation, rids the area of optical debris, enhances oxygen utilization at a cellular level, and acts as an antioxidant.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia -
DMG enhances oxygen utilization, improves circulation, makes energy production more efficient, modulates the immune system, and decreases lactic acid levels.
Degenerative Diseases/Arthritis -
DMG has anti-inflammatory properties and supports the immune system.
General health/Premature Aging -
DMG modulates the immune system, increases circulation, improves oxygen utilization, and acts as an adaptogen and provides building blocks needed for synthesis of important body constituents

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks interesting... unsure if many products contain it?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Looks interesting... unsure if many products contain it?
I agree. looks like a staple that i could use. But i just wounder if it has been in other products. ive been trying to do a search on it and cant find much. there was a show on some news that introduced this product on tv.... sooo i dunno....

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's in like GET DIESEL JP8, and a few others..

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's in my allergy supplement but I have no idea if it has done anything for me. Notice none of the above benifets. :dunno:

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Wow.... and its like a big deal with the doctors.... i wounder if it depends on the dosing? are you taking a high dose? jw.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking 300mg a day.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I've used it years ago but but after researching it a while back couldn't find a good, cheap source to take regularly.

If it's what i think it is it has several names, Vitamin B15 being one of them. just in case you want to research it.

Great for endurance athletes, running etc. From memory it has a positive effect on oxygen levels

Great supp if you can find a good source. Please let me know if you do.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking 300mg a day.
Flaw, is this 300mg in you allergy med or are you taking this dosage separately? If so which brand?

I've taken a gram a day, pre workout, in a sublingual form which worked well but just too expensive.

If you took it any other time than this you probably wouldn't notice anything so try it before a cardio session especially something requiring skill like boxing or if you are improving on your running style. That's when you notice a huge difference. Increase the dose if you don't.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Flaw, is this 300mg in you allergy med or are you taking this dosage separately? If so which brand?

I've taken a gram a day, pre workout, in a sublingual form which worked well but just too expensive.

If you took it any other time than this you probably wouldn't notice anything so try it before a cardio session especially something requiring skill like boxing or if you are improving on your running style. That's when you notice a huge difference. Increase the dose if you don't.
It's in my allergy supplement. It's called ALLER-DMG from foodscience of vermont. It's 100mg of DMG per tablet. I take 3 a day on a empty stomach. I think it's in there mostly for it's respiratory effects. I have noticed no effects at this level though. I am now taking forslean from the coleus forskohlii plant and I do notice difference in my respiratory function better then DMG. Like you said.. maybe I just need a higher dosage. This stuff is $15 bucks a bottle for just 60caps. I take it mostly for the quercitin chalcone which is a water stable form of quercitin that is hard to find and expensive.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
You can get Trimethylglycine for pretty cheap,it becomes dimethly in the body after giving up a methyl group.I was doing a bit of reading on it earlier,supposed to be a cheap alternative to SAMe.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Huh? lol SAMe im familiar with but what does it have to do? Does it have similar results?

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Huh? lol SAMe im familiar with but what does it have to do? Does it have similar results?

The Chemistry of DMG and Trimethylglycine
DMG (dimethylglycine) is basically the amino acid glycine attached to two methyl groups while TMG has three methyl groups. In brief, choline (tetramethylglycine) has four methyl groups, and when it donates a methyl group it becomes Trimethylglycine and when Trimethylglycine donates a methyl group it becomes DMG. DMG, in turn, has two methyl groups left to methylate other substances in the body. Commonly these methyl groups are added to homocysteine, converting it into the amino acid methionine which is then converted to SAMe. SAMe is a nutrient available over the counter, which has been used as a powerful antidepressant. DMG plays a crucial role in the respiratory cycle of the cells, transporting oxygen and serving as a potent methyl donor. DMG acts as a building block for the synthesis of many important substances such as choline, SAM-e, the amino acid methionine, several hormones, neurotransmitters, and DNA. The formation of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine requires a methyl group donated by SAMe. Dopamine enhances sex drive. TMG (trimethylglycine), also known as betaine, is basically the amino acid glycine attached to three methyl groups. Simply, Trimethylglycine has one more methyl group than DMG.

http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html

I was doing a bit of reading,trying to find out more about liver protection and trimethylglycine seems to get mentioned a bit along with SAMe which is also good for mood.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
The Chemistry of DMG and Trimethylglycine
DMG (dimethylglycine) is basically the amino acid glycine attached to two methyl groups while TMG has three methyl groups. In brief, choline (tetramethylglycine) has four methyl groups, and when it donates a methyl group it becomes Trimethylglycine and when Trimethylglycine donates a methyl group it becomes DMG. DMG, in turn, has two methyl groups left to methylate other substances in the body. Commonly these methyl groups are added to homocysteine, converting it into the amino acid methionine which is then converted to SAMe. SAMe is a nutrient available over the counter, which has been used as a powerful antidepressant. DMG plays a crucial role in the respiratory cycle of the cells, transporting oxygen and serving as a potent methyl donor. DMG acts as a building block for the synthesis of many important substances such as choline, SAM-e, the amino acid methionine, several hormones, neurotransmitters, and DNA. The formation of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine requires a methyl group donated by SAMe. Dopamine enhances sex drive. TMG (trimethylglycine), also known as betaine, is basically the amino acid glycine attached to three methyl groups. Simply, Trimethylglycine has one more methyl group than DMG.

http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html

I was doing a bit of reading,trying to find out more about liver protection and trimethylglycine seems to get mentioned a bit along with SAMe which is also good for mood.
:clap2::thinkerg:
That makes some sense. And i did not know this thanks. Now i understand why you would buy SAMe. You just wouldnt get as many benefits as you would if you took DMG. I bought some from NOW nutrition i htink ill take 1x3 daily i have bad allergies. see if it will help.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
:clap2::thinkerg:
That makes some sense. And i did not know this thanks. Now i understand why you would buy SAMe. You just wouldnt get as many benefits as you would if you took DMG. I bought some from NOW nutrition i htink ill take 1x3 daily i have bad allergies. see if it will help.
SAMe is a methyl donor, methyl doners increase energy. B12 is a methyl donor also.