Scivation xtend > whey protein ?

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
Xtend is Now Scientifically Proven Two Times More Effective Than Whey Protein! 1

Posted by Darren on Thursday, February 05, 2009

Scivations’ Xtend

The first supplement ever proven to double your fat loss, double your muscle gain and double your strength when compared to whey protein!

Has Xtend Made Whey Protein Obsolete?
In a groundbreaking, double blind independent study led by Jim Stoppani, PhD, Scivation Xtend was scientifically proven to be 2 times more effective than Whey Protein. The Xtend subjects experienced 9lbs of lean muscle growth in 8 weeks. That is 2 times more than the whey protein group. The Xtend subjects lost 2 times more fat than the whey protein group. The Xtend subjects more than doubled their strength gains over the whey protein group. Imagine naturally gaining 9lbs of lean mass, losing 4 pounds of bodyfat and experiencing a massive increase in strength gains in just 8 weeks!
All of these groups were on the EXACT SAME diet and training programs provided by Jim Stoppani, PhD along with Chuck Rudolph, MEd, RD and Team Scivation.
There you have it. Xtend is scientifically proven in a controlled study to be better than whey for lean mass growth and to lead to significant LEAN

MASS GAINS and FAT LOSS! No other supplement can claim this!
The bottom line is that if you can afford only one supplement, Xtend is the only supplement you need. Xtend has made whey and every other supplement obsolete.

The groups and the results:
Quoted from Jim Stoppani, PhD

“The Xtend guys dropped their body fat % by 2%, gained 9 pounds of lean body weight (I call that muscle!), increased their bench press by about 15 pounds and squat by 25 pounds!

The Whey group dropped their percent body fat by 1%, gained 5 pounds of lean body weight, increased their bench press by about 5 pounds (7 pounds) and squat by about 10 pounds (11 pounds).

The Gatorade group dropped their percent body fat by less than 1%, gained 3 pounds of lean body weight, increased their bench press by almost 5 pounds (4 pounds) and squat by almost 10 pounds (8 pounds)
I round up the bench press and squat weight because you can’t increase bar weight in reality by anything other than 5 pound increments.”

“The Xtend group lost an average of 4 pounds of body fat.

The whey group lost and average of 2 pounds of body fat.

Gatorade group lost 1 pound of body fat.”

When Will it be Presented and published?
Dr. Stoppani is going to present the study at this year’s NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) meeting in July. Then it will be submitted for publishing through various journals.

from nutraplanet.com

is this article suggesting to drop whey protein for scivation's extend?
or use them both together?
the article shows that xtend is better for both strength and size gains as well as fat loss, so my question is, is it worth taking xtend intra workout over whey post workout?

only questionable thing i noticed was the whey was also taken intra, as opposed to its standard post workout dosing

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree Steve. I didnt take this as a WPI was obsolete at all. As a matter of fact (and no disrespect to the OP or Xtend fans) but I would choose WPI over an Amino supp any day as a good WPI is rich in amino's as it is.

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
so its best to take xtend and whey, but if financially constricted whey>xtend?
but this article states that when used alone, xtend >whey and even goes so far as to say "Xtend has made whey and every other supplement obsolete."

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
but this article states that when used alone, xtend >whey and even goes so far as to say "Xtend has made whey and every other supplement obsolete."
As for the claim, look who's stating it. Whey will not be obsolete, ever.

This study showed that BCAA's > than an Isolate or Carbs intra-WO. Carbs + BCAA's might be beneficial as well, depends on your goals. It does not state anything outside of this time frame, so do not extrapolate beyond the workout. You should still be taking in something pre and post-WO, meal or shake.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That should be a conditional statement. They mean in the sense that during your workout it is of greater use. I would prefer BCAA/EAA over buying whey because I prefer to get my protein from whole foods.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some interesting points and the article is obviously put across in a way that the uninformed buyer would think Xtend which is essentially a BCAA blend is superior to Whey full stop.

However what they are saying is essentially true, whats better for your body; a source or fuel that needs to be broken down or a source or fuel thats readily available for application.

Ive used BCAA's in many instances but never once in place of whole 'protein'.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
what i do is sip xtend + bulk bcaa 15mins pre workout and into my workout (3/4 scoops xtend 1/2 bulk) finishing it up about half way. Then straight after my workout i'll do a protein shake then about 30-60mins later ate :)

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not a big fan of intraworkout supplementation. Usually makes me bloated and always feeling like I need to run to the bathroom. I will take my WPI any day

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
ohh i guess i didn't quite grasp the point that they were making