Protein Bars

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
I have been on AM for around a month or so now, and I can't help but notice that I rarely see any threads that talk about protein bars, or even mention them as part as someone's diet. I am in college and have 5 straight hours of classes and a protein bar of some sort is convenient and easy to pack in my bag, but are there any out there that are beneficial/cost efficient? Any specifically better for a bulk or cut, or just any time? Thanks, this board is awesome!

Ligonozrk

Awards
My favorite protein bar that I eat about every day is:
MET-Rx - Big 100 Colossal Meal Replacement Bar Crispy Apple Pie
400 Calories, 31g of protein, 47 carbs.
Perfect for post workout, and price is about 6.96 for 4 of them @ walmart. So pretty efficient. But once you try them, you'll be hooked and will never eat another bar! i promise.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
those apple pie bars are bomb
but sometimes i get a peanut butter sweet tooth and the yellow supreme bars are number 1
then the vpx bars
detour cookie dough
and the lean body labrada with peanuts

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
The source of protein in many bars is speculative compared to powders. But like you, I too have long blocks of class, and a protein bar with Vitamin Water seems to be the only/best option.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies! I know a few people who are fans of the collosal's, I'll have to give 'em a try. I am beginning to contemplate just bringing a second bag to classes with me, that one full of food and my true "necessities". I need somethin to keep me awake in poly sci....

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
VPX ZI bars are top notch and the best tasting, easiest to stomach as well