Anabolic Pump Stack help

xjmacx

Awards
Ok so I need a little help with supplement timing. This is what I have and I'm adding anabolic pump to the mix.

8 Hydroxycut Hardcore
8:30 Anabolic Pump
8:45 Protein shake/Breafast then Multi
12 Anabolic Pump
12:15 Lunch, Fish oil
2 Snack
3 Plasma jet
4 Protein shake/Oatmeal
4:30 Hydroxycut
5 Gym and Xtend during
6 Run(40min) after lifting and still drinking Xtend

7 Creapure/Protein
8:45 Eat/Fish oil

11 Casein

I don't know what I should do for timing around PWO? Should I take Anabolic Pump before protein and creatine? or take the protein and creatine then anabolic pump and eat a meal 15min after?

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
U need like 50 grams of complex carbs from a meal after ap. Remember that

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so I need a little help with supplement timing. This is what I have and I'm adding anabolic pump to the mix.

8 Hydroxycut Hardcore
8:45 Protein shake/Breafast then Multi
12 Anabolic Pump
12:15 Lunch, Fish oil
2 Snack
3 Plasma jet
4 Protein shake/Oatmeal
4:30 Hydroxycut
5 Gym and Xtend during
6 Run(40min) after lifting and still drinking Xtend

7 Creapure/Protein
8:45 Eat/Fish oil

11 Casein

I don't know what I should do for timing around PWO? Should I take Anabolic Pump before protein and creatine? or take the protein and creatine then anabolic pump and eat a meal 15min after?

I would probably move the "12" dose to "345". The pre-workout dose should illicit increased pump, volume and endurance. Only take Anabolic-Pump prior to meals that have at least 40g of Carbohydrate. Take Anabolic-Pump 15 minutes prior to your meals.

I am not sure what you mean by the last sentence, please elaborate.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
U need like 50 grams of complex carbs from a meal after ap. Remember that

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
Unless your doing fasted training with AP ... seems to work pretty well.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I will say this. The few times I have taken AP, I went hypo in about 10 - 15 minutes. Even after about 50g of carbs, MAN was I still ready to eat.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will say this. The few times I have taken AP, I went hypo in about 10 - 15 minutes. Even after about 50g of carbs, MAN was I still ready to eat.
A hyper repsonder... lol yah this has to be monitored it seems. When it gets to be too much add carbs...

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
A hyper repsonder... lol yah this has to be monitored it seems. When it gets to be too much add carbs...
Yeah, I am actually gona start AP today again since I have old bottles2 bottles(white caps). Doing a recomp/lean bulk. Getting ready to go running, come back, AP, then oatmeal with protien powder mixed in, glass of milk, and probably an apple. Might have to add a slice of bread in though. Its been so long, and I used to always have bananas around, till I figured out they crippled me on workout days.(long story, did almost a month long test, bananas make me weak as hell on a WO day).

Then later today, tris/chest.

What I am wondering, is does this mean I can intake more carbs without worry about fat storag if I am going so hypo on it? Because it seems like I HAVE to add more, over 50g.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I am actually gona start AP today again since I have old bottles2 bottles(white caps). Doing a recomp/lean bulk. Getting ready to go running, come back, AP, then oatmeal with protien powder mixed in, glass of milk, and probably an apple. Might have to add a slice of bread in though. Its been so long, and I used to always have bananas around, till I figured out they crippled me on workout days.(long story, did almost a month long test, bananas make me weak as hell on a WO day).

Then later today, tris/chest.

What I am wondering, is does this mean I can intake more carbs without worry about fat storag if I am going so hypo on it? Because it seems like I HAVE to add more, over 50g.
Find your low point that keeps you from going hypo. This is not always amount, it can also be composition. Try X amount of Oats with X amount of Honey for starters, right around 55g. Then, if this keeps you from becoming hypo, then slowly ramp up from there. There is an accommodation process, however, eventually you will become more and more efficient at storing high amounts of carbohydrate 'on-board'. Therefore, the load can continue to raise. This is determined by your individual body chemistry/carbohydrate metabolism, etc. and is impossible for us to predict.

May I also recommend reading the manual. This writing often clears up any dosing confusion and classifies individuals in terms of apparent carbohydrate metabolism.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As an endo on a recomp I try and get away with as few carbs as possible.. hoping that fat will become my energy source.

xjmacx

Awards
I'm doing 3 meals around 40g carbs and 55g of protein when i take AP and 2 meals at 20-30g carbs and around the same protein. I'm trying to lose a little fat so I'm hoping this will work. I lift Intense 5-6 days a week for an hour and 40min of 60% heart rate. Supplements are solid too so its only a matter of time.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am ecto, carbs arent my enemy to begin with lo. I just am working on relieving this stomach I put on from being sick awhile back.

Ive read the AP manual before, its been awhile tho...should probably brush up lol.

BTW Boro, good to see you. I didnt know if you were still around the boards.

someone needs to call mullet or post his fasted training strategy. I've never seen a protocol work so fast...

I've implemented it with mayb 10-20 guys that I help train...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
someone needs to call mullet or post his fasted training strategy. I've never seen a protocol work so fast...

I've implemented it with mayb 10-20 guys that I help train...
This thing is straight sick!!!

Mullet's Fasted Training Protocol

I have in the past and still do resoundingly endorse Fasted Training. I give explanations in the following thread via discussions, that are worth a quick glance. First, here is a quick explanation with the full fasted-layout:

Here is the Fasted Training Protocol I created for B5150:

Upon Rising: Fasted
USPLabs Recreate™ - 2 caps
USPLabs PowerFULL™ - 3 caps
USPLabs AnabolicPump™ - 1 cap
SupperCissus Rx™ - 1g cap

+30 mins later intra w/o drink:
Xtend BCAA - 12.5g
NutraPlanet Leucine - 7g
NutraPlanet Beta Alanine - 3g
NutraPlanet Creatine Mono - 2.5g

Immediately following last set: 1 P-Slin

Immediate Post Work Out Shake:
Xtend BCAA - 12.5g
NutraPlanet Leucine - 7g
NutraPlanet Beta Alanine - 3g
NutraPlanet Creatine Mono - 2.5g
NutraPlanet KWICK KARB™ (Waxy Maize Starch) - 25 to 30g*
Crushed Oats - 60 - 90g

Second Post Workout Shake/Meal:
Ground oats - 25g*
Whey Protein Isolate - 50g

Throughout the day:
USPLabs PowerFULL™ - 2 caps
USPLabs AnabolicPump™ - 1 to 2 caps as needed
USPLabs Recreate™ - 1 to 2 caps as tolerated
SuperCissus Rx™ - 1g cap x 2

Explanation:

Anabolic Pump is often conceptualized as merely a supplement of glucose homeostasis. While that's true in part, its true identity is one of energy metabolism as a whole; specifically, mitigating energy expenditure and transfer in both fat and muscle cells, via the modulation of energy storage and production mechanisms.

During a long bout of exercise (i.e., an hour long resistance training session) your body's energy homeostasis mechanisms need to take on a more oxidative (the B-oxidation of fatty acids) as opposed to glycolytic (GLUT4 translocation and glucose storage) role. This is due in part to the inability of the body to produce the fuel (glucose) for anabolic processes at the rates needed for anaerobic exercise. In response, your body has in place several mechanisms which prevent the accumulation and synthesis of triglycerides and lipids, and release them into the bloodstream to be oxidized.

These lipolytic processes actually contribute to the majority of energy transaction in a bout of anaerobic exercise - the oxidation of fatty acids and plasma triglycerides, primarily, provide the energy for resistance training.

The reason I mention all this is Anabolic Pump's fascinating ability to regulate one of the vanguards of oxidative and glycolytic energy consumption - AMPk. AMPk works as an essential gate-keeper of energy production, reacting to extracellular fluctuations of various downstream energy messengers (AMP:ATP ratio included). Its activation is responsible for various roles, including all of the above mentioned.

Using such a product in conjunction with fasted cardio simply utilizes energy which would have been stored anyway. The mere presence of AMPk ensures that the liberated fatty acids and triglycerides will be oxidized as it plays a primary role in not only lipolysis, but the inhibition of lipid, triglyceride, and cholesterol synthesis.

In terms of blood glucose, you should have circulating plasma levels which are enough to stave off hypoglycaemia, even with the use of Anabolic Pump. As carbohydrates have not been ingested, the presence of Insulin (the main inducer of hypoglycemia) is not necessarily present. Anabolic Pump works through Insulin-reactive, though not dependent, pathways of energy metabolism. The lipolytic role is also enough to provide ample energy.

Here are the threads:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/112791-why-you-shouldnt-2.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/112127-bigger-faster-stronger-15.html

[pages 15 and 21-23]

An explanation of why AP is beneficial whilst in Ketosis - and, essentially, by fasted training you transiently shift your body into processes that mirror those of Ketosis:

AP also significantly contributes to the processes of Ketosis. Ketosis is the hydrolyzation of stored triglycerides into Fatty Acids, via the process of lipolysis; in fact, Anabolic Pump directly regulates lipogenic processes via AMPk induction, and would significantly contribute to plasma FA levels - thereby used for fuel in the absence of glucose; the inhibition of cholesterol and triglyceride biosynthesis - beneficial because Ketosis is attempting to complete the exact opposite; preventing the redepositing and accumulation of lipids - via exerting transcriptional control over lipid binding genes such as PPAR-y through co-activator inhibition (and its target enzymes); as well as ensuring increased mitochondrial FA oxidation - through inhibiting ACC (acetyl-CoA-carboxylase which inhibits the morphing of acetyl-CoA to malonyl-CoA), as well as directly increasing malonyl-CoA-decarboxylase, and ultimately raising levels of CPT-1; the rate limiting enzyme for mitochondrial FA oxidation.

In all respects, AP contributes to the processes of Ketosis significantly, whereas R-ALA would necessarily be counterintuitive to a Keto-based diet.

and....

Ketosis is simply the process of your body hydrolyzing (chemical breakdown via the interjection of a water molecule to form two end products, or the reaction of a substrate with water) stored triglycerides (fatty acid chains combined with a glycerol, and the body's primary source of stored adipose) to be used as fuel; Ketosis is the recognition by your body of chronic starvation. It therefore causes lipolysis (breakdown of stored triglycerides into respective fatty acids and glycerol molecules) in order to provide fuel in the absence of glucose (your body uses these as fuel via B-Oxidation). AP is beneficial, because it will expedite (speed up) this process due to its direct interconnectivity with many of the above mentioned processes.

a) It increases levels of CPT-1. CPT-1 is the rate-limiting (controls the rate at which a process can occur) enzyme of B-Oxidation (the oxidizing of fatty acids to be used as fuel), and increasing it increases the amount of lipids your mitochondria will use as fuel. This is important, because even during Ketosis where lipolysis (break up of TG into FAs) is occurring, if you do not oxidize (burn) the FAs, they will simply redeposit.

b) On the note of redepositing, AMPk inhibits the accumulation and synthesis of TGs and cholesterol. Why is this beneficial, and tied into the above point? Because if the redepositing of lipids is inhibited, they will be forced to circulate the bloodstream continually; with the increasing of CPT-1, the possibility is increased they will subsequently be oxidized.

Now, as I said, R-ALA is not an anti-lipogenic (compound which inhibits the accumulation, differentiation, or biosynthesis of lipids) and would not assist as greatly as AP would on a "carb-up" during Ketosis. The primary goal of Ketosis is releasing stored triglycerides into the bloodstream to be oxidized: AP accomplishes this. The fundamental step to remaining in Ketosis is low blood sugar levels: AP accomplishes this.