how much Co-Enzyme Q10 - AnabolicMinds.com

how much Co-Enzyme Q10

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

how much Co-Enzyme Q10

hi guys,

im currenty taking toco8 and it contains a small amount of Co-Enzyme Q10 10mcg and im wondering how much is the recomended dose for heart health benifits

And would running Idebenone a synthetic analog of c0q10 be better than the others

thanks brandon

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  168 lbs.

Doseage is between 30-200 miligrams a day, and positive study results have been shown taking 100 mg a day. You should really check out Victory-Labs.com Its the purest q10 suppliment I've taken, as well as multivitamin.
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Minimum 200mg, IMO.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

uquiqinol 100 mg if your over 40
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

dsade do you think its worth taking as a staple, my Pa had heart problems

thanks guys repped
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Hey giant,

I've got high blood pressure and on medication so I take at least 150mg a day.
    High blood pressure runs in my family.

Not sure if it helps with the high BP but because it's reported to have a beneficial effect on heart health, circulation, energy production and it also has antioxidant properties I now take it every day.
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by giantbrandon View Post
    dsade do you think its worth taking as a staple, my Pa had heart problems

thanks guys repped
    It's an absolute staple for me. Along with my increased vitamin d and folic acid intake, coQ"10 has made a huge difference in daytime energy.

8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    It's an absolute staple for me. Along with my increased vitamin d and folic acid intake, coQ"10 has made a huge difference in daytime energy.

cool, im thinking of making it staple too

thanks guys for your help
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

I gobble down 400mg ED
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Can you comment on increased folic acid intake?
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Can you comment on increased folic acid intake?
    Influences fatty acid metabolism, mitochondrial boosting (hint hint), and energy production.

It's one of those ignored, but insanely vital, nutrients (much like Coq10).

There is also evidence of support in using Folic Acid combined with HDAC inhibition.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  12. New Member

Matt,
    I would be interested in which multi vit/min supp you take, and the reasoning behind the inclusion/exclusion of various ingredients, as was just discussed with the Co Q10. I presume you use ubiquinol?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

I take 300 mg of COQ10 plus a patented version TruQ10 that is combined in this COQ10 formula and it makes a huge difference in on the way I feel. HSN has some of the best vitamins on the market, also your body will absorb it better it you take it with fish oils...
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

update ive got some ubidecarenone 50mg 200caps il take 200mg per day

now is there any difference between uquiqinol and ubidecarenone
  15. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by mw525 View Post
    uquiqinol 100 mg if your over 40
    Good post!

CoQ10 is certainly an important compound. In general, though, one should prefer the ubiquinol form to the standard form, ubiquinone. As is well known, the key difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol is that, for the ubiquinone form of CoQ10 to be properly absorbed and utilized by the body, the body must first reduce it to its active metabolite known as ubiquinol. Although researchers have established that most ubiquinone is naturally reduced to ubiquinol, the optimal approach to CoQ10 supplementation remains to consume it in its ready-to-use ubiquinol form. This form is more bioavailable, appears faster in cells, and maintains a longer half-life at the serum (plasma) level.

In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone.

The recommendation by many researchers is to add Idebenone to a CoQ10 supplementation program to get the very best of both compounds.

As is well known, Idebenone, as an analog of CoQ10, can replace CoQ10 in the process of cellular energy production. Idebenone is also, like CoQ10, a powerful antioxidant. However, Idebenone is more water-soluble than CoQ10 and its cellular distribution and antioxidant structure also differ from those of CoQ10, making idebenone superior to CoQ10 in neutralizing some types of free free radicals, but inferior in fighting other types. In particular, idebnone is more effective than CoQ10 in protecting cells from the free radical damage resulting from reduced (abnormal) blood flow. In fact, some studies indicate idebenone is 30-100 times more effective than vitamin E or vinpocetine as a free radical quencher.
    Furthermore, Idebenone protects under hypoxic conditions, a situation where CoQ10 may not be an adequate replacement. In addition, Idebenone (unlike CoQ10) has been shown to increase Nerve Growth Factor and enhance cholinergic activity, thus conferring Idebenone with cognitive enhancement abilities.
    To continue, Idebenone is a potent anti-oxidant for protecting the very important mitochondria, by both surpressing free radical activity and protecting the unique mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). This is unique as mtDNA is only derived from our mother's genes.
    Finally, when organs are "harvested" for transplant to another patient, it is often the case that Idebenone is used to protect them from damage.

It must be noted, though, that most of the comparison between Idebenone and CoQ10 employed the standard Ubiquinone form of CoQ10, not Ubiquinol. So, stack ubiquinol and idebenone to break your limits!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  16. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSB4me View Post
    Hey giant,

I've got high blood pressure and on medication so I take at least 150mg a day.
    High blood pressure runs in my family.

Not sure if it helps with the high BP but because it's reported to have a beneficial effect on heart health, circulation, energy production and it also has antioxidant properties I now take it every day.
    For those on statin drugs, CoQ10 is an absolute necessity. The reason is that statin drugs are known to inhibit the enzyme, hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase. Now, this enzyme is important in the synthesis of coenzyme Q10 and cholesterol precursors. So, by inhibiting that enzyme, statin drugs compromise CoQ10 synthesis. The results can range from mitochondrial dysfunction to heart failure, and so on. So, for those on statin drugs, CoQ10 is a must. Even for non-statin drug users, CoQ10 has versatile benefits. My favourite stack in this area is CoQ10 Ubiquinol and Idebenone (another CoQ10 analogue, argued by some to be at least as powerful as CoQ10 Ubiquinone).
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

update ive got some ubidecarenone 50mg 200caps il take 200mg per day

now is there any difference between uquiqinol and ubidecarenone
    I'm curious too. Which would be superior between the two?
  18. Diamond Member

Influences fatty acid metabolism, mitochondrial boosting (hint hint), and energy production.

It's one of those ignored, but insanely vital, nutrients (much like Coq10).

There is also evidence of support in using Folic Acid combined with HDAC inhibition.
    Yep! And folic acid, combined with TriMethylGlycine (TMG) and Vitamins B6 and B6, induces a series of unique biological activities, including supporting significant reductions in levels of homocysteine. This is one reason Poseidon is such a cool product. About 1000mg of TMG is required daily for this purpose (homocysteine regulation), though.
  19. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    I'm curious too. Which would be superior between the two?
    What is uquiquinol?
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Here's what I found on AM.com
    Ubiquinol (Kaneka QH™) (Reduced Form CoQ10)
    http://store.anabolicminds.com/produ...-softgels.html
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I found a site that says they are not different.

"Ubiquinone is a generic name.

Ubidecarenone is the official name in the USP (United States Pharmacopeial Convention)."

http://www.epic4health.com/ubandubareth.html
  22. Diamond Member

I known what "Ubiquinol" is. I wanted you to clarify what "Uquiquinol" should mean!
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

The spelling was wrong but that was from the quote. I just semi recall looking up CoQ and finging different names under the nutri facts as well.
  24. New Member

That's what I take, just in 100mg softgels.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

bumping this back up

would running Idebenone a synthetic analog of c0q10 be better than the others

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idebenone
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

100mg+ on an empty stomach. I've tried it as a TD and it works well, although it was extremely weird at first ... extremely weird but I quickly got over that.

Nutra don't run idebenone alone. ;( At a wild guess I'd say idebenone was more bio-available.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

atm running 200mg of c0q10 everyday, but thinking of lowering that dose and making up the diff with Idebenone
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

up up
  29. Diamond Member

atm running 200mg of c0q10 everyday, but thinking of lowering that dose and making up the diff with Idebenone
    That should be the way to go, if by CoQ10 you mean Ubiquinone.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Good post!

CoQ10 is certainly an important compound. In general, though, one should prefer the ubiquinol form to the standard form, ubiquinone. As is well known, the key difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol is that, for the ubiquinone form of CoQ10 to be properly absorbed and utilized by the body, the body must first reduce it to its active metabolite known as ubiquinol. Although researchers have established that most ubiquinone is naturally reduced to ubiquinol, the optimal approach to CoQ10 supplementation remains to consume it in its ready-to-use ubiquinol form. This form is more bioavailable, appears faster in cells, and maintains a longer half-life at the serum (plasma) level.

In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone.

The recommendation by many researchers is to add Idebenone to a CoQ10 supplementation program to get the very best of both compounds.

As is well known, Idebenone, as an analog of CoQ10, can replace CoQ10 in the process of cellular energy production. Idebenone is also, like CoQ10, a powerful antioxidant. However, Idebenone is more water-soluble than CoQ10 and its cellular distribution and antioxidant structure also differ from those of CoQ10, making idebenone superior to CoQ10 in neutralizing some types of free free radicals, but inferior in fighting other types. In particular, idebnone is more effective than CoQ10 in protecting cells from the free radical damage resulting from reduced (abnormal) blood flow. In fact, some studies indicate idebenone is 30-100 times more effective than vitamin E or vinpocetine as a free radical quencher.
    Furthermore, Idebenone protects under hypoxic conditions, a situation where CoQ10 may not be an adequate replacement. In addition, Idebenone (unlike CoQ10) has been shown to increase Nerve Growth Factor and enhance cholinergic activity, thus conferring Idebenone with cognitive enhancement abilities.
    To continue, Idebenone is a potent anti-oxidant for protecting the very important mitochondria, by both surpressing free radical activity and protecting the unique mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). This is unique as mtDNA is only derived from our mother's genes.
    Finally, when organs are "harvested" for transplant to another patient, it is often the case that Idebenone is used to protect them from damage.

It must be noted, though, that most of the comparison between Idebenone and CoQ10 employed the standard Ubiquinone form of CoQ10, not Ubiquinol. So, stack ubiquinol and idebenone to break your limits!
    strategicmove in your post you said, 'In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone' but in your post below you say Ubiquinone?? im confused atm im taking
    http://store.anabolicminds.com/produ...100-vcaps.html
    and now im going to get some Idebenone, will this combo be perfect thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    That should be the way to go, if by CoQ10 you mean Ubiquinone.
  31. Diamond Member

strategicmove in your post you said, 'In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone' but in your post below you say Ubiquinone?? im confused atm im taking
    http://store.anabolicminds.com/produ...100-vcaps.html
    and now im going to get some Idebenone, will this combo be perfect thanks
    My preference still remains Ubiquinol (up to 100mg daily) plus Idebenone (up to 100mg daily). If you are taking 200mg daily of Ubiquinol, however, then it is debatable if you need to add Idebenone, hence my earlier response to your post. As it turns out, though, you are taking 200mg of Ubiquinone, so it makes sense to adjust your dosage and add Idebenone.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

So if you take 200 mg of Ubinquol, do you don't need any idebenenone?
  33. New Member

I have had quite a few md's tell me if you are to take one single nutrient for the heart,it should be co-10.I use 100-150mg a day.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Digestive Enzyme recommendation.
    By clint3612 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 11:50 PM
  2. High ALT liver enzyme
    By tallbikerguy in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 12:44 AM
  3. High ALT liver enzyme
    By tallbikerguy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5