Health and Wellness on a Budget: What do you think?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AM needs to come together and work on a super-longtern health solution. Something you can take for years to cover Cancer and Heart disease but should cost under $20 a month max so you can make it a true commitment to take for years or even life.

I've already started the research but will change with if others have ideas

Here are some thoughts:

Lycopene: 30mg/Day = $6 month
Selenium: 200mcg/Day = $1.5 month
NAC: 2.5g/Day = $5 month
Co Q10: 200mg/Day = $5 month

I am still researching but want to put the thread up rather than go it alone.

I am looking into some stuff for heart health but still deciding what shows the most promise vs. price returns.

does anyone else have suggestions?

Last edited:
justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Selenium, a potent antioxidant, appears to protect against hepatic cancers. In a four-year trial, selenium-enhanced table salt reduced primary liver cancer 35 percent in study participants compared with controls. In a study involving hepatitis B patients, one 200-mcg tablet of selenium daily reduced the incidence of primary liver cancer to zero. When selenium supplementation ceased, primary liver cancer incidence began to rise, indicating that hepatic carcinoma risk may be minimized with selenium supplementation

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Recently, Kucuk et al. reported on 30 men with localized PC scheduled for radical prostatectomy. They were randomly assigned to receive either 15 mg of lycopene (Lyc-o-Mato, LycoRed, Beer Sheva, or Israel) orally twice daily, or no intervention for 3 weeks prior to surgery. Prostate specimens were step-sectioned, entirely embedded, and evaluated for pathological stage, Gleason score, the volume of PC, as well as the extent of PIN (a pathological finding often associated with PC) in the gland. The specimens were also examined for biomarkers of cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis. Comparisons were made between intervention and control groups. Serum and tissue lycopene levels increased by 22% in the intervention group. At RP, within the treated group, 8 of 12 patients (67%) had organ-confined PC, and 84% had tumors < 4 cc, compared to 44% and 55%, respectively, in the control group. Lesser glandular involvement by PIN was also observed in the intervention group. The expression of biomarkers of proliferation decreased, whereas the markers of differentiation and apoptosis increased in the intervention group. Serum PSA level also decreased significantly in the intervention group but not in the control group. The results suggest a role for lycopene in PC prevention. This is a very exciting study, and the full report should be published shortly. We currently advise patients with active PC to include 30 mg a day of lycopene in their diet.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also looking into vitamin D Megadosing. Dante aka DC seems high on it.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
consider running cycle support at 1 serving per day. thats about $20 per month. i too am thinking along the health lines. on top of cs i take a prostate formula, i dropped coq10 when i started running cs, garlic and fish oil. if you're serious about heart health read up on walnuts. theres more to them than just the omegas when it comes to heart health. i eat 2 serv everyday. ill be interested to see what you come up with though and what it costs and compare to my expense

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man... As people on here get more involved they will see the light and get interested in this.

Right now I am looking for something for cholesterol. Co q10 is generally expensive but I found it cheap enough to be worthwhile

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cycle support looks pretty solid. I have run it in the past but I would probably want to add some antioxidants to it.

To make this something I can do for YEARS I really want to can my cost at $20 a month.

Cancer scares me more than anything else. Heart disease you just have a heart attack and die...horrible but not like living with cancer.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin C. 10g/day = dirt cheap

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
10g a day actually isn't as cheap as some of the other things I have listed.

500 x 1000mg pills can be found for $20. 500 does not even last you 2 months so its over $10 a month.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man... As people on here get more involved they will see the light and get interested in this.

Right now I am looking for something for cholesterol. Co q10 is generally expensive but I found it cheap enough to be worthwhile
coq10 is expensive. you found it cheap but also at a very low dosage(200mcg). in the long run youd be taking a lot of it anyway to get to rec dosages. again ill be following along to see what everyone comes up with. and yes cs is good but running it forever is probably not going to happen so im with you to look for alternatives for the long haul. above all i think that finding the minimum effective dosages of diff supps is going to be where you will be able to save money on a long term supp program, ie you have the coq10 cheap at 200mcg. is that a sufficient dose? if so why do we as a whole take 50-100mg per day. that there is a big cost savings in itself if that dosage is sufficient.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on the health track aswell.

So far I've come up with the following additions to my diet:

Hemp Seeds - efa/mineral content
Chia Seeds - efa/mineral content
Extra Virgin Red Palm Oil - carotenes, tocotrienols, tocopherols
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - natural antibiotic + numerous other benefits
RAW Cacao - Super antioxidant + energy + mood enhancement
RAW Maca - Appetite supression + energy + mood enhancement

Considering Goji berries

I must say, its working wonders for me, I look and feel way better on this after only 2 weeks.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
coq10 is expensive. you found it cheap but also at a very low dosage(200mcg). in the long run youd be taking a lot of it anyway to get to rec dosages. again ill be following along to see what everyone comes up with. and yes cs is good but running it forever is probably not going to happen so im with you to look for alternatives for the long haul. above all i think that finding the minimum effective dosages of diff supps is going to be where you will be able to save money on a long term supp program, ie you have the coq10 cheap at 200mcg. is that a sufficient dose? if so why do we as a whole take 50-100mg per day. that there is a big cost savings in itself if that dosage is sufficient.
It's 200mg, I made a type... I'll fix it. Thats the price for 200mg

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Coq10 seems to be very controlversial here but everytime I search for health fixes for just about any subject it comes up...

Heart health is the only thing missing from that stack and cancer is more than covered so maybe the coq10 can come out...

I am going to change the into to this thread

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
consider running cycle support at 1 serving per day. thats about $20 per month. i too am thinking along the health lines. on top of cs i take a prostate formula, i dropped coq10 when i started running cs, garlic and fish oil. if you're serious about heart health read up on walnuts. theres more to them than just the omegas when it comes to heart health. i eat 2 serv everyday. ill be interested to see what you come up with though and what it costs and compare to my expense
cycle support looks pretty solid. I have run it in the past but I would probably want to add some antioxidants to it.

To make this something I can do for YEARS I really want to can my cost at $20 a month.

Cancer scares me more than anything else. Heart disease you just have a heart attack and die...horrible but not like living with cancer.
i think Life Support is the same as Cycle Support, but 1/2 the dosage, right?

i've thought about taking the Life Support on a regular basis because i felt so good while using CS.

i'm thinking about LS + some anti-oxidants?
maybe Bio-Mend or Vita Berry?

i already use Animal Omega for my EFA's.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
AM needs to come together and work on a super-longtern health solution. Something you can take for years to cover Cancer and Heart disease but should cost under $20 a month max so you can make it a true commitment to take for years or even life.

I've already started the research but will change with if others have ideas

Here are some thoughts:

Lycopene: 30mg/Day = $6 month
Selenium: 200mcg/Day = $1.5 month
NAC: 2.5g/Day = $5 month
Co Q10: 200mg/Day = $5 month

I am still researching but want to put the thread up rather than go it alone.

I am looking into some stuff for heart health but still deciding what shows the most promise vs. price returns.

does anyone else have suggestions?
Echinacea is great to add in to keep you from getting sick. I love it

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm currently on the health track aswell.

So far I've come up with the following additions to my diet:

Hemp Seeds - efa/mineral content
Chia Seeds - efa/mineral content
Extra Virgin Red Palm Oil - carotenes, tocotrienols, tocopherols
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - natural antibiotic + numerous other benefits
RAW Cacao - Super antioxidant + energy + mood enhancement
RAW Maca - Appetite supression + energy + mood enhancement

Considering Goji berries

I must say, its working wonders for me, I look and feel way better on this after only 2 weeks.
Good list. I've been downing the Hemp and Chia lately, longtime lover of the EVCO. Raw Cacao is something I've done as well, same with Goji berries. Acai looks promising as well, but we have to be careful not to be reductionist (eg. just supplementing Lycopene).

As for the feeling better; I think one of the things that makes me feel the best is high-dosed DHA. Cod liver oil is how I usually load up on DHA, although there are a few supplements out there that are high in DHA that I'd like to try one day.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hemp oil helped me get leaner than I ever have...I was a solid 6-7%

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Good list. I've been downing the Hemp and Chia lately, longtime lover of the EVCO. Raw Cacao is something I've done as well, same with Goji berries. Acai looks promising as well, but we have to be careful not to be reductionist (eg. just supplementing Lycopene).

As for the feeling better; I think one of the things that makes me feel the best is high-dosed DHA. Cod liver oil is how I usually load up on DHA, although there are a few supplements out there that are high in DHA that I'd like to try one day.
Did you look into the omega3 : omega6 thing? I've read on M&M that too much omega3 compared to omega6 is actually bad for you. I've been trying to get a 1 : 3 omega3 : omega6 incorperated into my diet while meeting epa/dha requirements. It aint easy lol :)

I've been using udo's choice before but it killed my libido, probably because of the sesamin content. I also switched to chia as vegetable omega 3 source from reading some less positive things about high dose flax oil.

Higher dose hemp oil and some fish oil like 4 caps a day of NP bulk does seem to be an option.