Muscletech

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Hey guys, i want opinions on muscletech. I like their products, but would like opinions from others. I have just started taking supplements and just need some advice. Thanks

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, you should have never asked this, here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, i want opinions on muscletech. I like their products, but would like opinions from others. I have just started taking supplements and just need some advice. Thanks
You opened a whole mess of trash taking well on its way. As an ex GNC employee, who was a noob at the time and bought into their hype i can tell you that it's all garbage. Each item worse than the last!

B

bigCountry000

Awards
haha sorry guys i really have never taken supps before and need to learn... tell me what i need to know!! i do need some for recovery and such... thanks again

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
haha sorry guys i really have never taken supps before and need to learn... tell me what i need to know!! i do need some for recovery and such... thanks again
No trash talking to it bro.

Muscletech is overpriced and under delivers. I have personally converted people from GNC to Nutra just because it is the right thing to do!

Forget Muscletech, BSN, gaspari, search around these boards for what you want, and check out the store(nutraplanet).

I used Muscletech back when I first started. Such a waste of money.

B

bigCountry000

Awards
alright, thanks. and suggestions for a good post workout? and what's the best of the best creatine?

B

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
gakic is the only thing i liked nanox9 worked but waaay over priced.. gakic however i spit game and got it for 21 bucks for a bottle soo u should probably not buy it unless u get massive amounts of discouts

J

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
go to nutraplanet.com... pick up some xtend (bulk bcaas + citrulline will work too)... sounds like just what u need...its mainly for recovery and helps a bit with endurance...

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Here, let me throw out some info about me. The workout i do is high intensity training and if you've never done that, you wouldn't understand the extensiveness your musle fibers tear, this is the reason a ask about the post w.o. supps... unfortunatly i have already ordered some Anator and cryotest from gnc.. I got a huge bottle of cell tech for free and i've gained 5 pounds from monday when i started it. But i may just give this x tend a try... thanks guys keep advice and info coming!

J

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
to replace ur anator pick up some torrent... and what ar eu using as a preworkout supplement... HIT for me always needs a preworkout supplement...

B

bigCountry000

Awards
To be honest, the creatine i started on monday is the only supplementation i have done haha. Sorry for this question, but what is bcaa? and torrent is a post w.o. supp? Should a take a creatine? thanks for all of the help

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
O GOD your not the only one muscle tech got me before too, try something like the Asteroid stack then you will be amazed:D

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
if your goals are simply recovery in your supplementation then the xtend suggested and a bulk glutamine powder to toss in your pwo shake will work just fine for the job man. However if you're in search of growth as well being your first run around on supps i'd keep it very simple and run an additional BCAA supp pre and post workout. bcaa meaning branch chain amino acid (the ones directly associated with kickstarting anabolic activities essentially). But then again it all comes back to diet regardless.....

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Of course, my diet is good, only because it is what i relyed on before. I think after i get my supps i want to start a log on here

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
My 2 cents you will need these core supp

Vit animal pak
Fish oil animal Omega
Joint support animal flex or usplabs cissus

If you u are not already taking these this is what u need to start with

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Let me lay it out for you this is all you need since you seem new to supplements.

Protein- The key 1gram for every 1-1.5 lbs on you (some good ones are All the Whey here on NP and i like Ultra peptide 2.0 both great tasting)
Multivitamin- Taken every day self explanatory(Orange triad, NOW Adams, Animal Pak)
Creatine- Buy bulk creatine mono cheap or premade like Green MAGnitude, or Neovar
BCAA's (branch chain amino acids) Taken intra workout- Intraid,Purple Wrath, Extend
Fish Oil

If you want to venture into pre workout supps for added energy boost here are a few good ones
Jack3d, White FLOOD, NO Shotgun,

The key is a good diet and proper training with this basic supps you can get solid gains then move onto bigger and better things.

*NOTE* These are my opinions on some products and from good reviews ive seen on this forum also from personal experience

Forget all about GNC Except for markdowns when they have sales you can get protein rather cheap i also buy my prime there 39.99 a bottle during first week of month with gold card brands like Muscletech spend way too much on advertising and not enough on there product they put too many fillers in and they make up crazy numbers.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
He might try Celltech j/k

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Than ks jumpshot, very helpful. I will tr these things after i use up the muscletech products i have already ordered. Thanks to all

B

bigCountry000

Awards
But as far as test boosters or pro hormonal supps go i should more than likely just wait?

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i like the amount of maturity this thread has managed to maintain.

You came to the right place to learn, as long as you stay dedicated and surf this site for awhile, you'll learn, and you'll learn fast.

I don't really have anything to add to what the others said...

some questions though that might help us all help you.
how old are you?
how long have you been lifting?
are you gaining muscle, losing fat, or gaining muscle while losing fat (the slow way)?
what does your diet look like?

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
But as far as test boosters or pro hormonal supps go i should more than likely just wait?
wait.

you need to build a solid foundation first, that way when you're actually ready for the more intense supplements you'll really be able to appreciate the effects.

B

bigCountry000

Awards
I am 18. 6'5'' 240lbs. I consider myself very athletic, i have been lifting for 6-7 years. I actually had to stop lifting because i joined the swimming team back in August, and have only been working out again for about a month. I am losing fat and gaining muscle, currently at 13% BF. I don't really have a specific diet besides eating a lot. On days i workout i'll come home right after workout and scramble a dozen eggs( only three whole eggs the rest are egg white) i'll usually have some polish sasuage with that. My meals throughout the day just depend on what i can grab, but i eat mostly healthy, i don't eat fried foods or anything of that nature. I'll generally eat a fairly large dinner pretty early. Mostly i eat a lot of pasta during the week for dinner.. manacotti, spaghetti etc.. I eat a lot of chicken and steak... I suppose i should start organizing my eating habbits a little more haha.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
haha i'm not gonna touch your diet, i'll let someone else do that.

you're way way way too young to do pro hormones. the "required" waiting age is 21...
but you really should be atleast 26 before you start screwing with that stuff.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I am 18. 6'5'' 240lbs. I consider myself very athletic, i have been lifting for 6-7 years. I actually had to stop lifting because i joined the swimming team back in August, and have only been working out again for about a month. I am losing fat and gaining muscle, currently at 13% BF. I don't really have a specific diet besides eating a lot. On days i workout i'll come home right after workout and scramble a dozen eggs( only three whole eggs the rest are egg white) i'll usually have some polish sasuage with that. My meals throughout the day just depend on what i can grab, but i eat mostly healthy, i don't eat fried foods or anything of that nature. I'll generally eat a fairly large dinner pretty early. Mostly i eat a lot of pasta during the week for dinner.. manacotti, spaghetti etc.. I eat a lot of chicken and steak... I suppose i should start organizing my eating habbits a little more haha.
You dont seem to have all that bad of a foundation. You just need to work on a schedule for it all. Get a good supply of tupperwear, work it out so that you try to put carbs and protein WITH fats in every meal to the note of 1:1:0.5 per pound of bodyweight (carbs, protein, fat). It's not hard working fats into your diet well, almonds, walnuts, natty PB, fish.... 6-8 meals a day and you should gain and it ought to be lean.

E

Erich Schmidt

Awards
with muscletech, you pay for the advertisement. they own the magazines that do these "scientific breakthrough" articles. marketing: these guys are smart. but once you dig deep and see how they sell it really makes you lose respect. i'm also an ex gnc employee. paying someone $12 to sell your product is the only reason why it sold.

S

shotdead42

Awards
i've never used muscletech nor have tried it; sicne many ppl on the forum thinks they are crap. so i wouldnt really buy into there stuff.

anyways, this is kinda off topic but "what does fish oil gatta do with weight lifting?"
might be a dumb question, but i wanna know wut the reason is int taking it.

like i know our body doesnt produce tat oil and its obtained through fish, salmon tilapia. but whats the benefit of taking it?

thanks,

E

Erich Schmidt

Awards
good for hair skin nails joints, heart health etc. main thing for "lifting" is that EFA's transport your stored fat cells across your cell membrane so that they may be burned for energy= fat loss.

that's the simple explanation. you need them.
CORE 4: protein, glutamine, EFA's, multivitamin.

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Alright really good news, I talked to my local GNC and they'll give me my money back for it all. I've been talking with a rep from nutraplanet and i've been doing some research on primordial performace and their products. I'm set on ordering Creapture, Taco- 8, IBCAA, and Sustain alpha. The rep said that at my age these will be good foundation builders. Any advice will be great.... THANKS GUYS!

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Oh just wanted to add another big thanks to everyone, it is hard getting into the supplement world with no knowlegde it is nice to get some good advice. THANKS AGAIN!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh just wanted to add another big thanks to everyone, it is hard getting into the supplement world with no knowlegde it is nice to get some good advice. THANKS AGAIN!
Start a log to let us know how it goes for you. Look into a new training routine as well, or solidifying your current workout regime. And eat big!

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Alright really good news, I talked to my local GNC and they'll give me my money back for it all. I've been talking with a rep from nutraplanet and i've been doing some research on primordial performace and their products. I'm set on ordering Creapture, Taco- 8, IBCAA, and Sustain alpha. The rep said that at my age these will be good foundation builders. Any advice will be great.... THANKS GUYS!
No problem man! Set your backbone supps up as well. Multi, EFA... Make sure you're getting a good amount of water daily as well to keep everything nice and clean.

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Will do, I'm excited to see how these supps work with my high intensity training!

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Start a log to let us know how it goes for you. Look into a new training routine as well, or solidifying your current workout regime. And eat big!
Diet is and always will be the number one thing to start with whether the goal be cutting, bulking, recomp ect. I agree though, i'd love to see a log being that this is your first run around with supps just to see your progress and view on it all.

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Man i feel dumb for asking this, but what is EFA?? Thanks!

B

bigCountry000

Awards
Of Course!! I'll put the order in today for these supps and start right away

B

bigCountry000

Awards
oh nice, i have a bottle of flaxseed oil and fish oil here at home... nice nice ... Just put my sup order in!

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sh*t I tell ya MT and no-xplode are getting asked almost everyday. As far as mucltech your beloved muscletech= Money Taken. And as far as B.S.N= Bull Shizzle Nutrition. So you wanna pay 90 bucks for a 2 lbd of nitrotech crap gp head. You can pay 100 bucks for that anator crap too. Or you can save some of your dough and buy better things. But damn muscletech again!!!!!!

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Anytime. Just like a good neighbor State Farm is there............

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
lol Hey element you catch those new tunes I posted on themusic thread yet.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRDbnIsLLVU"]YouTube - On Star (Commercial Parody)[/ame]

Or just like onstar lol