Geez, "The One".. and the rest so tired of being ripped off

mjonesjr8

Awards
nothing...ever works as promised it seems in my case anyway. Yeah I'm venting off a little steam.

I so tired of dropping so much money on supplements that do nothing. Maybe it's just me, but in the last year I have tried so many things that promise huge results and I gain nothing, and I'm sure I work a lot harder than most people.
I know my age (46)has got to be hurting my gains or (lack of) some, but, I'm just finishing up with THe ONE, and I really feel like if anything I lost size. Before that I was on the 1-T, and before that the PRIME stack. I of course did do the PCT between each.. I just get so tired of not seeing any results for my hard earned money and work. I work out 5 days a week, and I swear I'm getting smaller. My strength never changes either same now as it was 2 + years ago when I decided to get back in the gym. I get so excited and tell my workout buddies that "this is the one" this time this product will work...
then 4 weeks later they are like, "yeah... sure, glad we didn't drop any money on that"

Sorry, not really directing this at anyone like I said maybe I'm the only one
that feels this way. Maybe like they say, "I just need a new hobby"

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I am right in line with you on this issue. At this point I only buy close dated stuff I can get at GNC for 50-75 % off. Just basic protein and RTD's.

I was considering the One but decided I just can't afford anymore supps that don't deliver.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like over training or lack of proper diet or sleep to grow. I mean come on if your on anything or on nothing if your doing everything else right you will grow. I call BS and bad training on your part, I could be wrong but if thats the case why do you feel like your getting small/weaker if your training and everything else is good?

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
It's no real news that most supplement formulations are overrated and overpriced. I think it's a fair assumption to say that a large portion of the success stories here are placebo effect. Do more in-depth research(beyond lifting forums) on various compounds and find out what really holds its worth. Try to buy in bulk if possible.

You may also want to talk to your doc about HRT considering your age.

nopeace

Awards
  • Established
I was skeptic at first but then my gains kicked in at week 2. However, they weren't much. At least not 70 bucks worth to me.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's no real news that most supplement formulations are overrated and overpriced. I think it's a fair assumption to say that a large portion of the success stories here are placebo effect. Do more in-depth research(beyond lifting forums) on various compounds and find out what really holds its worth. Try to buy in bulk if possible.

You may also want to talk to your doc about HRT considering your age.
Great advice, but even if just a placebo effect it should still help him out in the gym as well.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a diet/training issue to me. also you prolly should look into hrt if you want to keep in great condition. Like if your natty test is already low due to your age then when u post cycle your body will just go back to its meek state

mjonesjr8

Awards
Here is the schedule of what we do each week. Sat-Sun off

3 sets of 8-10 reps on everything.
Mon: Chest and Tri, all Flat Bench Work
CHEST:
Flat Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell press
Flat Dumbbell flies
Cable Crossovers or Fly Machine.

TRI's:
Standing Dips
Nose Busters
Seated Dips
Tri, machine,

TUE: BACK and Bi.
BACK:
Pull ups close grip
Seated Rows, Wide Grip
Seated Pull Downs
One Arm Dumbbell Rows

Bi's:
Seated preacher curls
Straight Bar Curls
Standing Cable Machine Curls
Seated Dumbbell Curls
Seated Bi machine curls.

Wed: Leg and Shoulders.
Shoulders:
Seated Military Press
Seated Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell raises
Shrugs

Legs:
Squats
Leg Presses with Calf raises at the end of the set.
Leg Curl Machine
Leg Extension Machine.

Thur: Chest and Tri: all incline/decline work
Chest:
Incline Press
Decline Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Fly Press
Cable Crossovers or Fly Machine

Tri:
Dips
Cable Pull Downs
Reverse Cable Pull Downs
Seated Behind the head Dumbbell raises.
Tri Machine.

Fri: Back and Bi
BACK:
Pull ups, wide grip
Seated Rows, Close Grip
Seated Pull Downs
Back Fly Machine.

Bi's:
Seated preacher curls
Straight Bar Curls
Standing Dumbbell Curls
Seated Dumbbell Curls
Seated Bi machine curls, 1 arm at a time.

mjonesjr8

Awards
I'm up for any advise or supps I can get. I just want to see some results for my efforts.

Thanks guys

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
whats your diet like I mean if you eat you'll grow bottom line.

Marsh11

Marsh11

Awards
  • Established
I think your overtraining and getting burned out. I counted like 30 sets for BI's in one week. I get 8-12 in a week and 12 is the high end.

Ivers

Awards
What r u tranning for? (bulk or cut)

When I look at ur tranning schedule I think that you are overtranning. If you are doing 3 sets of 8-10 reps on all lifts during the week that is 200 plus reps per body part in one week (unless I read something wrong). You need more time to rest and recover IMO Maybe switch up your routine a bit.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
My take is sure, a lot of them are bunk, but many just do enough to get you in a "good place" where if you take your diet serious, you can get the results.

mjonesjr8

Awards
Sure, I don't have the best of diets but, I quess
if all you have to do is eat "right" and eat a lot
then again what's the point of the supplements? part of my question?
No wonder it's a multi billion dollar a year industry....

A typical day:

7:00am eggs, bacon, wheat toast
9:00 50gm of protien drink
11-12:30 workout
post workout 50gm of protien drink
2:30 pack of tuna or salmon
4:30, grilled chicken breast,

I know I need to probably double/triple my protien intake, which, I'm going to work
hard at doing.

I'M
46yrs old
6'1
214lbs

max bench 315

thanks again for the help

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards

A typical day:

I know I need to probably double/triple my protien intake, which, I'm going to work
hard at doing.

I'M
46yrs old
6'1
214lbs

max bench 315

Get some test from your doc....you'll feel much better about your investment.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
All the guys here that say your overtraining are probably right. From looking at your workout you'd have to eat like a horse to not be overtraining. I'd definetely switch up your workout and go from there. Might not hurt to take a few days off to rest up as well. When I change routines I always take about 4-5 days off inbetween, and when I get back in the gym Im' STRONGER. I believe there is a correlation there :bandit:
It's always good to switch your workout routine up every so often anyway.

EDIT:: I just saw your diet. You're NOT eating enough. At all. Period. Where's the carbs at brother?? They look to be non-existent after breakfast. Take a little time off to let your body wind down and reset and recover man. Overtraining is 10x worse for you than undertraining.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I can tell you from experience, that hitting each body part twice a week at 46 is too much unless you are on steroids to help recovery. Cut back to once a week for each body part and concentrate on diet. The extra rest will help with cns recovery and I bet you start to see gains.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established

A typical day:

hard at doing.

I'M
46yrs old
6'1
214lbs

max bench 315

Where on the bottle of "The One" does it say that it is a food alternative, and is a magic pill?

I personally think you are over-training, and your diet needs some help. You need to throw in some fruits and veggies, complex carbs, and healthy fats.

All-natural Peanut Butter is your friend.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Overtraining + undereating. No way at your age do you need to do each bodypart 2 a week, you def should cut back some lifting and eat more. Especially carbs and fats. And get test and gh from your doc and you will be a new man!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
have you ever had your natural levels taken blood test wise? Maybe your hormones are low? I know with my dad (50 years old) he was using stuff and not seeing much including the one and I have suggested to him to go get his hormone panels taken again to possibly start hrt.

mjonesjr8

Awards
Okay, this is going to sounds stupid, but what do I tell the doctor.
What is "test and gh from your doc?

Since I'm finishing up "The One" this week, I'm suppose to take 2nd Gear afterwards,
what else should I take if anything?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
If you know that you are probably not getting enough protein, and you are not gaining, than maybe that could be your problem? Just a thought.. Alot of us have jobs that make it hard to eat right, but we somehow do it. If you really want to, you will.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I understand you are feeling frustrated and maybe you could give the following 4 week trial.

Your diet is very low in calories IMO and your workout is MUCH too MUCH

I am willing to bet you WILL see results.

If you are taking multi vit and protein powder then continue. If not then don't start any new supplements

Diet

Weeks 1 and 2 eat 500 more calories per week of carbs such as oatmeal and Sweet Potatos and/or rice. Maybe not the very best but it will be fine.

Workout

After 1 or 2 easy warm up sets do ONLY 3 worksets of 8 reps each balls to the walls each set Rest until your breathing returns to normal for each of the following.

Workout 3 days per week that is ALL.

Day 1

Chest slight incline bench
Tricep close grip bench
DB shoulder press

Day 2

OFF

Day 3
Back and bis
Dead Lifts
Lat Pull Down
Standing Barbell curl

Day 4 off

Day 5
Squats
Leg Curls
Standing Calf raise

Day 6 and Day 7

OFF

I will bet you are 5lbs heavier AND stronger.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
wrong section to vent

the one thing that i always can rely on is my training, my deit and my sleep\

first of all being 46 u need more rest, u work out 5 days a week???? com on man take break, also u said u took 1t then the one?? dude u need at least dubble the time off as on to by 100% recoverd also at yer age restarting test after a cycle is going to not be as easy as a 20 year old.

I can tell you from experience, that hitting each body part twice a week at 46 is too much unless you are on steroids to help recovery. Cut back to once a week for each body part and concentrate on diet. The extra rest will help with cns recovery and I bet you start to see gains.
and no most supps that r promoted on this board do work, the best gains that ive had were when i was eating my self out of the house, sleepin like the dead and training like there is no 2marro.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established

Since I'm finishing up "The One" this week, I'm suppose to take 2nd Gear afterwards,
not nearly that hard. Just get a blood panel done. Then if you are low in a spot find your doc tell him you want HRT :D and give him symtoms of weight loss, lethargy, etc that deal with low test if you are experiencing them.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

CHEST:
Flat Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell press
Flat Dumbbell flies

TRI's:
Standing Dips
Nose Busters
Seated Dips
Tri, machine,

BACK:
Pull ups close grip
Seated Rows, Wide Grip
Seated Pull Downs
One Arm Dumbbell Rows

Bi's:
Seated preacher curls
Straight Bar Curls
Seated Dumbbell Curls
Seated Bi machine curls.

Shoulders:
Seated Military Press
Seated Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell raises
Shrugs

Legs:
Squats
Leg Curl Machine
Leg Extension Machine.

Chest:
Incline Press
Decline Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Fly Press

Tri:
Dips
Cable Pull Downs
Reverse Cable Pull Downs
Tri Machine.

BACK:
Pull ups, wide grip
Seated Rows, Close Grip
Seated Pull Downs
Back Fly Machine.

Bi's:
Seated preacher curls
Straight Bar Curls
Standing Dumbbell Curls
Seated Dumbbell Curls
I think the main question here is not WHAT your doing but how are you doing it? What type of weight increases per week are you putting up on these lifts? 3x10 is a typical beginners routine; and, at the very least, you should not still be in the range of 3x10.

When you say 3x10 do you mean that it's 225(for example) 3x10 twice a week every week? That's not going to get any increase, maybe endurance. In order to increase strength, you are going to have to add weight each week. Also, you do not need two workouts a week per body part...if you DO intend on doing that then you can not possibly gain on that...

If your going to do that, it should be a light day, 10-12 reps, and a heavy day 3-5 reps...or something in that range; however, at 46, i cannot foresee you being able to grow or get stronger using that protocol....

also, there is little need to have that many exercises and reps in a tri wo after chest UNLESS you are on a major cut but for strength, it's a NO GO!

Getting STRONG comes a in a basic formula, but it can vary...

squats, dead lifts, bench, and rows and military presses. Toss in one or two ancillary workouts and your done...lift heavy 3-6 rep range, and save the other high reps for when you start to grow, but at age 46, it's going to be hard because there is a chance that your test levels are really sub-par. If you were on gear then that would be different, but, even then, you wouldn't be able to stay on yr round...

Last but not least, eat, you must do this. That diet is too low in most essentials...it's great if you weight 300 and trying to lose weight fast without regards to anything but losing weight.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
When i said not getting strong on that protocol, i meant the one you are using currently, and you can gain on two w/o per body part per week, but not with that training regimen and meal plan

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
at that amount of volume i agree entirely, but if he possible tried a program like DC he may see gains.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I use to train like that with similar results. Now I train 3 days a week Heres what I do for chest. warm up then working sets 295 x2 275x5 255 8 225x15. Thats it. thats all my body can handle and still recover from and grow and I am getting stronger. HIGH intensity low volume does work

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
at that amount of volume i agree entirely, but if he possible tried a program like DC he may see gains.
If he doesn't see results from DC, he is doing something wrong....it's so easy to grow and get stronger on DC if done properly.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards

Test = Testosterone
GH = Growth Hormone

These are hormones essential for not only growth but overall health and vitality. They decline with age so introducing it back into your body usually makes a huge positive impact. Discuss hormone replacement therapy(HRT) with your doc. You may be referred to an endocrinologist.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with people thinking you are over training. I was lifting on a five day split for years and was over training. I was doing legs on Tues, Chest on Wed, Back on Friday, Shoulders on Sat, and Arms on Sunday and was constantly getting weaker and feeling like ****. I lost all motivation for the gym, I still went though, so I know where you are coming from. I have reduced my weight training to 3 days a week doing the same full body routine each time and have noticed much improvement. From what you posted it sounds like you are in the same boat I was.

As for tired of supplements that don't work. I don't know how much money I have wasted on BS supplements so I know where you are coming from. Some work, even more don't. There is no miracle drug, not even steroids. I suggest you look at your training try not kicking your ass in the gym as much.

sss

Awards

CHEST:
Flat Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell press
Flat Dumbbell flies

TRI's:
Standing Dips
Nose Busters
Seated Dips
Tri, machine,

BACK:
Pull ups close grip
Seated Rows, Wide Grip
Seated Pull Downs
One Arm Dumbbell Rows

Bi's:
Seated preacher curls
Straight Bar Curls
Seated Dumbbell Curls
Seated Bi machine curls.

Shoulders:
Seated Military Press
Seated Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell raises
Shrugs

Legs:
Squats
Leg Curl Machine
Leg Extension Machine.

Chest:
Incline Press
Decline Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Fly Press

Tri:
Dips
Cable Pull Downs
Reverse Cable Pull Downs
Tri Machine.

BACK:
Pull ups, wide grip
Seated Rows, Close Grip
Seated Pull Downs
Back Fly Machine.

Bi's:
Seated preacher curls
Straight Bar Curls
Standing Dumbbell Curls
Seated Dumbbell Curls
JESUS CHRIST, OVERTRAINING!

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
I have to agree with people thinking you are over training. I was lifting on a five day split for years and was over training. I was doing legs on Tues, Chest on Wed, Back on Friday, Shoulders on Sat, and Arms on Sunday and was constantly getting weaker and feeling like ****. I lost all motivation for the gym, I still went though, so I know where you are coming from. I have reduced my weight training to 3 days a week doing the same full body routine each time and have noticed much improvement. From what you posted it sounds like you are in the same boat I was.

As for tired of supplements that don't work. I don't know how much money I have wasted on BS supplements so I know where you are coming from. Some work, even more don't. There is no miracle drug, not even steroids. I suggest you look at your training try not kicking your ass in the gym as much.

They're pretty close. :laugh:

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
nothing...ever works as promised it seems in my case anyway. Yeah I'm venting off a little steam.

I so tired of dropping so much money on supplements that do nothing. Maybe it's just me, but in the last year I have tried so many things that promise huge results and I gain nothing, and I'm sure I work a lot harder than most people.
I know my age (46)has got to be hurting my gains or (lack of) some, but, I'm just finishing up with THe ONE, and I really feel like if anything I lost size. Before that I was on the 1-T, and before that the PRIME stack. I of course did do the PCT between each.. I just get so tired of not seeing any results for my hard earned money and work. I work out 5 days a week, and I swear I'm getting smaller. My strength never changes either same now as it was 2 + years ago when I decided to get back in the gym. I get so excited and tell my workout buddies that "this is the one" this time this product will work...
then 4 weeks later they are like, "yeah... sure, glad we didn't drop any money on that"

Sorry, not really directing this at anyone like I said maybe I'm the only one
that feels this way. Maybe like they say, "I just need a new hobby"

Gear, sauce, or juice. Any of those will jump start your ass. :thumbsup:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
You have to remember, you grow more when you rest.

Many have hit it but your diet needs to be totally revamped, it is way too low of calories and what you need. You are overtraining way too much.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
In general I don't buy any new supplements until after I read a few logs and if they are in line with my goals. Stick with the basics and adjust your diet and routine, and you'll improve. Change your routine every two to three months and you'll see progress.

The basics that always work for me include: protein (goat whey, casein, egg), BCAA (Xtend, bulk), citrulline malate, Sesamin, policosanol, calcuim, and vitamin C.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
yup, and if it's a 'new' supp, i'll at most buy one bottle to try out. I NEVER buy multiple bottles, even if they claim that u need multiple bottles to see the full effect. :)

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

A typical day:

hard at doing.

I'M
46yrs old
6'1
214lbs

max bench 315

I personally could in no way consider this a diet ^.^ this is self starvation! that for me is like a cutting diet.

I freaked people out before I lost my job with the food I ate... Course now its a bit harder to get the amount of food due to being negative a billion $$$$ (not that bad, but might as well be ^.^)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even if you were taking no supps at all you would be making some gains provided your diet was up to snuff and you trained properly using periodization and progression. Your diet does not look that good definitely looks like your undereating. Your training is way overdone. I train a body part once a week and only on certain body parts do I ever even approach 10 sets. How often do you change your routine, cuz most things work just not for very long.

oblivious

Awards
I'm going to just reinforce what everyone else is saying because I believe its important.

First, you are getting a little bit older (not a bad thing!). By no means are you on your way to an oxygen tank and a wheelchair, but its important to take into consideration. If you have not done so go meet with your doctor for a consult and tests as mentioned before. And when I say older, I do not mean you are to old or will be unable to make gains. I'm just suggesting you might have to work a little bit harder, for a little bit less, then some of the younger members that hype this board.

Second, you are way over-training. I strongly suggest you re-evaluate your workout schedule, frequency, and lifts. Because you have a few years on you, I'm going to assume you have been lifting for some time. So remember its important to change your workout routine roughly every 3 weeks, to keep the body guessing and continue to gain. Also almost all your lifts are isolated to a particular muscle, which can work great given the right circumstances. But switching up the schedule to include less, more compound full body lifts, for a few weeks could make quite a difference.

Third, your diet is WAY off. You say you want gains, but you are eating HALF of what normal people cut on! Up the protein to at least or 150% of your body weight, and get plenty of veggies in. You are getting nowhere near enough calories for what you want to do. Please do some research on what you would need for your age and weight, and make a 6 meal-a-day plan out of it. You would be surprised at how many calories you actually need when bulking, even a lean bulk. And how much of a negative effect it can have by cutting calories or missing meals....even when cutting!

Lastly, I don't know what kind of supplementation you are on besides the "miracle" products you listed. But make sure you have a staple source of vitamins, creatine, fish oil, BCAA, etc worked into your diet. These taken in the right quantity and right times will do far more for you than any product you listed.

I know this is kinda a Basics 101 lecture. But given your original post, followed by gross overtraining and poor diet, I believe it was necessary. I didnt read through the entire thread specificly, but a lot of the long term members here have fantastic advice, and should be well considered. I'm nothing but a newbie, But I don't Believe it would take an expert to point out the considerable flaws in your diet/exercise that would cause even a 20yr old to lose or make no gains.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Where on the bottle of "The One" does it say that it is a food alternative, and is a magic pill?

I personally think you are over-training, and your diet needs some help. You need to throw in some fruits and veggies, complex carbs, and healthy fats.

All-natural Peanut Butter is your friend.
Hes right I dont care if your on Creatine, trying to bulk or cut, if your diet isnt correct might as well throw out all your supps because you will say they wont work either. Try to log your meals, plan out your training, have 3-4 training sessions with circuit intervals, do moderate cardio on off days, get enough rest. The last time I checked I'm not a machine so the body will need rest to grow and if your up playing on xbox or on facebook or playing online mario cart all night I suggest putting them off and start really thinking why your not making progress. Instead of finding alternative supps or magical lose 300 lbs with hydroxyjunk im not trying to be mean I been that route and I will say you can succeed without some supps. Bottom line is this-> YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. Good luck.

kruzedgar

kruzedgar

Awards
Up the protein to at least or 150% of your body weight, and get plenty of veggies in. .
What! That is far to much protein! If he weighs 150lb he would have to eat 225lb of protein:laugh2:

Seriously though, If you aren't gaining without taking supplements why do you think you will gain with them? Supplements are just what they are.....supplements to a good healthy diet.

I think you need to spend some serious time researching what kind of diet and training would be suitable for you. This way you will actually understand what you are doing and you will not just be following a plan laid out by someone. This will also enable you to make educated adjustments along they way.

Remember the buck stops with you and you alone. If your not doing it right thats your fault.

Good luck

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but, if you've been doing the same rep scheme for more than 4 weeks or so, that's probably a big reason why you're not seeing any results.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but, if you've been doing the same rep scheme for more than 4 weeks or so, that's probably a big reason why you're not seeing any results.
agreed.Switch up the routines

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah everybody's on the right track about diet and training...

I just wanted to point out that you should not expect supps to cause gains supps are here to enhance gains. If you aren't gaining something without them then you won't do much better with them.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I just wanted to point out that you should not expect supps to cause gains supps are here to enhance gains. If you aren't gaining something without them then you won't do much better with them.
Well said! :thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jbtwentytwo Apex Alchemy 2
Anabolics 11
bassgirl 35 and Older 25
jmh80 Sports Talk 4
Anabolics 42