BCAA, does it do anything?

J

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
It helps you retain muscle mass wihle on a cut. I've seen the same results with just bulk L-Leucine, which is what I take.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As in the practical "feel it" sense? I consume a type of BCAA or EAA mix pre- and intra-w/o each time. From Purple Wraath to Xtend, I've used them quite a lot. I'm still working on my first tub of AXcell. But in the practical sense, when I'm not using them (days I forget or when I run out temporarily), I can tell a difference. For me, I get a little bit of boost with recovery intra- as well as feel like I have more energy to go on. It's not a stim-type energy, but more fuel for the fire, so to speak. Is there a benefit? I think so. Anything that gets me going better, harder, faster, or more is a benefit in my book. :)

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
As in the practical "feel it" sense? I consume a type of BCAA or EAA mix pre- and intra-w/o each time. From Purple Wraath to Xtend, I've used them quite a lot. I'm still working on my first tub of AXcell. But in the practical sense, when I'm not using them (days I forget or when I run out temporarily), I can tell a difference. For me, I get a little bit of boost with recovery intra- as well as feel like I have more energy to go on. It's not a stim-type energy, but more fuel for the fire, so to speak. Is there a benefit? I think so. Anything that gets me going better, harder, faster, or more is a benefit in my book. :)
Agree with above points.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Definitely agree. I love my Xtend :). Always give me more energy and endurance intra workout.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also concur - BCAA, Leucine, and EAA are all staples in my stockpile. Recovery isn't nearly as good when I don't have them.
^^ this...I feel they are very beneficial to have

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
-sip EAA's throughout the day

--5g green mag preworkout
-2scoops white flood pre-workout

-20g EAA's intraworkout

-5g leucine PWO
-10g glutamine PWO

M

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super for recovery. Really two ways to use it optimally, IMO. There is nothing else out there that delivers better results than high dose BCAA peri-workout. For that purpose, I like MassPro Amino or Beverly Select BCAA+G product. Xtend too. I never tried it but I hear good things about Core ABC.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is plenty of literature out there supporting the use of BCAA’s; It decreases central fatigue (http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=17448223 ) , help increase anabolism and decrease the rate of muscle catabolism (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16365096 ) . It also decreases the Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness (DOMS) (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16424141 ), and also “It has been reported that BCAA supplementation before exercise attenuates the breakdown of muscle proteins during exercise in humans and that leucine strongly promotes protein synthesis in skeletal muscle in humans and rats, suggesting that a BCAA supplement may attenuate muscle damage induced by exercise and promote recovery from the damage “.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't know AX made a BCAA product.
ORLY?!?!? I believe the term "strong unaware" is appropriate here, no? :lol:

AXcell... Link: http://www.anabolicx.com/arsenal/axcell/index.php

Try it. I'm SURE you'll like it. :cheers:

And ditto on the recovery aspect of these. When I'm without, I feel like crap the next day. When I have 'em, all is well. It's a staple for sure!

B

brian101883

Awards
I think that the BCAA by primordial performance. And its on $16 dollars. Great buy. You have to actually go to there website to get it though.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ORLY?!?!? I believe the term "strong unaware" is appropriate here, no? :lol:

AXcell... Link: http://www.anabolicx.com/arsenal/axcell/index.php

Try it. I'm SURE you'll like it. :cheers:

And ditto on the recovery aspect of these. When I'm without, I feel like crap the next day. When I have 'em, all is well. It's a staple for sure!
Well, the 4:1:1 is a welcome sight, and the "accessory" ingredients are the most comprehensive I've seen: glucuronolactone, cit malate, taurine, even vitC! I was excited about the vitC, cause that's been something I add to my BCAAs for years and no product has included it before.

However, with only 40 scoops per tub, I'd go through that sucker in no time! If it comes to NP I might be able to afford it, but at $60, it's beyond my reach for the time being.

I think that the BCAA by primordial performance. And its on $16 dollars. Great buy. You have to actually go to there website to get it though.
except that you're only getting 250g for $16, which translates to $64 per kilo, which is really high. If you buy it by the kg at PP's website, it's more affordable - only a couple of bucks more than NP and PP's are instantized, so it might be worth it.