Sustain alpha tolerance or withdrawal effects

seekonk

Awards
I am considering running Sustain Alpha alone, hoping for a modest boost in workout performance and recovery. However, I want to be very sure that I will not become dependent on or tolerant to it, or develop bad side effects. I have not used any testosterone-enhancing products in the past, I have normal levels at the moment, and I would not like to use anything that might screw me up in the long or even short term, especially since some other GABAergic substances are known to cause tolerance and withdrawal effects.

So, for anyone who has used this product as a standalone, have you had any negative experiences with it? I am particularly interested in possible tolerance issues, not becoming dependent on it for normal functioning, side effects such as gyno, joint issues, and withdrawal effects.

So, to anyone with normal hormones, metabolism, libido, etc., who has used it for a limited time and then stopped it, did you go back to your normal baseline right away?

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
This is not something that would happen. If you follow the directions on the bottle you will not have any trouble with this. Sustain Alpha is not like a PH and I have a feeling that’s what you’re thinking it is.

I have ran Sustain Alpha for the past 3 yrs on and off and I have never had any problem with it at all.

seekonk

Awards
Well, I found one report of possible gyno and testicle shrinkage on the primordial performance forums. Hard to tell what was really going on there. There is also a report of a user experiencing joint pain on the same forums. Again, hard to tell if it is related to SA.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Well, I found one report of possible gyno and testicle shrinkage on the primordial performance forums. Hard to tell what was really going on there. There is also a report of a user experiencing joint pain on the same forums. Again, hard to tell if it is related to SA.
testicle shrinkage caused by a test booster?????????????
hard to believe...

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Awards
  • Established
Can you link me to where you see this??

I'm sure its not Sustain. It might be one of our PH but if you could link me up that would be great

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
testicle shrinkage caused by a test booster?????????????
hard to believe...
Agree. I do not see how Sustain Alpha can produce such results.

seekonk

Awards
Can you link me to where you see this??

I'm sure its not Sustain. It might be one of our PH but if you could link me up that would be great
I do not have linking privileges yet on this forum, so let's see if this works:

www dot primordialperformance dot com slash vbulletin slash primordial-health slash 303-sustain-alpha-2 dot html

From that thread:

About 3 weeks ago (about a month after begining use of SA), I started getting a headache on a pretty regular basis. These were some of the most painful headaches I have ever had with feelings of severe nausea. Around the same time, I started breaking out all over my chest and legs (where I apply SA.) This is the 3rd or 4th week now that I have been off of it, with a nearly completely full bottle just sitting there. SInce I have stopped using it, the headaches and rashes have gone away. Today, I'm giving it another shot. We'll see what happens.

I'd also like to note that towards the end of the 1st month, I started to notice the libido/well being feelings going away. Eventually they were gone, and my testicles shrunk. It's not debateable, or my mind playing tricks on me. They shrunk to almost half the size they were before. Within the last few weeks, I notice they are regaining their size. I'm going to give it another shot and use maybe 2 pumps compared to 4 and see what happens. BTW, this new forum is great!
and

I completely forgot to mention one other side affect. I was getting boobs. My pecks were honest to god starting to get fatty and my nipples were puffy too. Obviously signs of excess estrogen. I really don't want to have to take a different sup to inhibit another sup's side affect. I'll report back after a month or so of 2 pumps/day.
I am wondering if there was ever any more info from this user. I know it is sometimes hard to deduce cause-effect.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That doesn't sound to reliable. Sustain Alpha is known to reduce estrogen; he is suggesting the SA boosted his E2 and caused gyno....

It's hard to say what ended up happening since he stopped posting, but I think the quitting smoking may have had something to do with it. He mentioned increased edginess, perhaps his SNS was stimulated which would cause a slight retraction of the testes. Not too familiar with nicotine cessation though.

wheels

Awards
  • Established
Don't see how that can even happen.Been using for over 2yrs never had any problems

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Awards
  • Established
I do not have linking privileges yet on this forum, so let's see if this works:

www dot primordialperformance dot com slash vbulletin slash primordial-health slash 303-sustain-alpha-2 dot html

From that thread:

and

I am wondering if there was ever any more info from this user. I know it is sometimes hard to deduce cause-effect.
I have a feeling that he was not letting us know everything. That was some time ago and he has never reported back to us on this. Sustain Alpha is a very safe and healthy product to take. You were reading about one guy when Thousands of others will tell you Sustain worked great for them.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Awards
  • Established
So to really answer your questions, you will not get gyno from Sustain.
Joint issues with Sustain I don’t believe that you will get that ether, I have ran Sustain on and off for 3 yrs and never had a problem.
Your body will not become dependent on Sustain, just follow the directions on the bottle and you will be fine.

disgraziato

Awards
I've used SA for the past 3 months with only good results and no negative sides. Resveratrol will not cause testicular shrinkage; the opposite holds true; it naturally boosts natty test.

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
resv is an antioxidant...why would it cause gyno etc?...unless people who drink red wine in abundance get it too

seekonk

Awards
resv is an antioxidant...why would it cause gyno etc?...unless people who drink red wine in abundance get it too
I would not expect gyno from resveratrol. However, a number of people on other forums (for example imminst.org) have reported joint and tendon pain from different resveratrol supplements (not Sustain Alpha), which is why I asked about that.

The benzoflavone in Sustain is a different story, though. Benzoflavone is the main testosterone-boosting ingredient in Sustain, as far as I understand. Its mechanism of action still appears to be somewhat mysterious. The PP site contains a plausible explanation in terms of a GABAergic effect. Other GABAergic substances are known to lead to tolerance. In fact, the instructions for Sustain recommend cycling it (5 days on and then 2 days off, or two weeks on and then 1 week off) precisely to avoid such tolerance developing. It seems at least conceivable that if it is used improperly (no cycling) for a sufficient time and then stopped, tolerance might lead to some kind of withdrawal side effects on hormone levels, at least in susceptible people. I also understand that benzoflavone is considered to be an aromatase inhibitor. Other aromatase inhibitors are sometimes blamed for estrogen rebound upon cessation.

Not to say any of this can or will happen with Sustain - just trying to justify my careful approach.

Anyway, it seems like a solid product, the risk if cycled correctly seems low, and I still plan to try it. I'll just be extra on the lookout for any adverse effects.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Awards
  • Established
I would not expect gyno from resveratrol. However, a number of people on other forums (for example imminst.org) have reported joint and tendon pain from different resveratrol supplements (not Sustain Alpha), which is why I asked about that.

The benzoflavone in Sustain is a different story, though. Benzoflavone is the main testosterone-boosting ingredient in Sustain, as far as I understand. Its mechanism of action still appears to be somewhat mysterious. The PP site contains a plausible explanation in terms of a GABAergic effect. Other GABAergic substances are known to lead to tolerance. In fact, the instructions for Sustain recommend cycling it (5 days on and then 2 days off, or two weeks on and then 1 week off) precisely to avoid such tolerance developing. It seems at least conceivable that if it is used improperly (no cycling) for a sufficient time and then stopped, tolerance might lead to some kind of withdrawal side effects on hormone levels, at least in susceptible people.

Anyway, it seems like a solid product, the risk if cycled correctly seems low, and I still plan to try it. I'll just be extra on the lookout for any adverse effects.
I'm very glad to hear that you plan on trying it out. Im sure you will like it. I would also like to hear how it works out for you when you do run it.

Keep us posted. :type: