thc

MikeDank19

Awards
didn't kno what section 2 put this in, i kno thc reduces testosterone levels but would smoking it make you loose size?

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
I dont think smoking would make u lose size unless u smoked instead of eating but it helps me keep my size by stimulating my appetite and helps me relax and get more rest also it helps a little with my sore back also puts me in a real good mood.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
This is kind of off topic, but did anybody see the advertisement "Marijuana Inc."? Government is actually thinking about legalizing pot, because it may stimulate the economy because of how much money can be made selling it. haha

And to the OP, I doubt that it would help someone lose weight. If anything, gain weight, because it stimulates the appetite, and makes people lethargic.

Cocaine on the other hand...

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
One of my good friends back in the day, a wednesday, swore that thc helped him get big by eating so much. He was a freak!

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
didn't kno what section 2 put this in, i kno thc reduces testosterone levels but would smoking it make you loose size?
I don't think it makes you lose test...it just doesn't make sense. It increases dopamine levels along with blocking a myriad of other neurotransmitters (which means increased production) and that usually means increased test.

This is kind of off topic, but did anybody see the advertisement "Marijuana Inc."? Government is actually thinking about legalizing pot, because it may stimulate the economy because of how much money can be made selling it. haha
Not a whole lot. Small dealers will probably continue to buy from big dealers who buy from offshore dealers. Unless they deemed marijuana a "cash crop" and illegal to grow/bring inside the country, they probably won't make a whole lot and will just allow for greater freedom for substances.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
THC has estrogenic properties I beleive.. which is why many beleive it lowers test.. Not sure if the latter is true however

Also, I was/know MANY people who have gone the opposite way with THC- IE they do exactly what BigNEMO said: they became "potheads" and smoked all day instead of eating: they literally withered away and lost pounds per week.. continously catabolic- lost their mass within months D:

ezyryder08

Awards
pot definitely helps with eating. As far as lower testosterone it has only been suggested that it lowers test level however many studies disprove this idea.

IMO pot is very helpful with bodybuilding as it causes the munchies, as long as you binge on healthy food and not junk food you are fine and only an increase in size will come from it. As long as one doesn't become a burn out.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
THC has estrogenic properties I beleive.. which is why many beleive it lowers test.. Not sure if the latter is true however

Also, I was/know MANY people who have gone the opposite way with THC- IE they do exactly what BigNEMO said: they became "potheads" and smoked all day instead of eating: they literally withered away and lost pounds per week.. continously catabolic- lost their mass within months D:
THC has never been proven to be estrogenic. Or test inhibiting. Same goes with most propaganda your 6th grade health teacher told you. All of its "effects" have really been blown out of proportion and most accusations have come with a lack of legitimate medical studies to back up their claims.

I don't think marijuana helps/hurts in bodybuilding. I want to eat all the time anyways.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Smoking weed is what all healthy people do. Justifying a habit is what potheads do.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
Now dont get me wrong I am a pot head but I am productive and I eat alot smoke and eat some more

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
THC has never been proven to be estrogenic. Or test inhibiting. Same goes with most propaganda your 6th grade health teacher told you. All of its "effects" have really been blown out of proportion and most accusations have come with a lack of legitimate medical studies to back up their claims.

I don't think marijuana helps/hurts in bodybuilding. I want to eat all the time anyways.
Estrogenic effects of marijuana smoke condensate and cannabinoid compounds.Lee SY, Oh SM, Chung KH.
National Institute of Scientific Investigation, 331-1 Shinwol-7-dong, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul 158-707, Korea.

Chronic exposure to marijuana produces adverse effects on the endocrine and reproductive systems in humans; however, the experimental evidence for this presented thus far has not been without controversy. In this study, the estrogenic effect of marijuana smoke condensate (MSC) was evaluated using in vitro bioassays, viz., the cell proliferation assay, the reporter gene assay, and the ER competitive binding assay. The results of these assays were compared with those of three major cannabinoids, i.e., THC, CBD, and CBN. The estrogenic effect of MSC was further confirmed by the immature female rat uterotrophic assay. MSC stimulated the estrogenicity related to the ER-mediated pathway, while neither THC, CBD, nor CBN did. Moreover, treatment with 10 and 25 mg/kg MSC induced significant uterine response, and 10 mg/kg MSC resulted in an obvious change in the uterine epithelial cell appearance. MSC also enhanced the IGFBP-1 gene expression in a dose-dependent manner. To identify the constituents of MSC responsible for its estrogenicity, the MSC fractionated samples were examined using another cell proliferation assay, and the estrogenic active fraction was analyzed using GC-MS. In the organic acid fraction that showed the strongest estrogenic activity among the seven fractions of MSC, phenols were identified. Our results suggest that marijuana abuse is considered an endocrine-disrupting factor. Furthermore, these results suggest that the phenolic compounds contained in MSC play a role in its estrogenic effect.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16499939?ordinalpos=8&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Marijuana extracts possess the effects like the endocrine disrupting chemicals.Watanabe K, Motoya E, Matsuzawa N, Funahashi T, Kimura T, Matsunaga T, Arizono K, Yamamoto I.
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho-3 Kanagawa-machi, Kanazawa 920-1181, Japan. [email protected]

The progesterone 17alpha-hydroxylase activity, which is one of the steroidogenic enzymes in rat testis microsomes, was significantly inhibited by crude marijuana extracts from Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)- and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)-strains. Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol also inhibited the enzymatic activity with relatively higher concentration (100-1000 microM). Testosterone 6beta- and 16alpha-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids. Crude marijuana extracts (1 and 10 microg/ml) of THCA strain stimulated the proliferation of MCF-7 cells, although the purified cannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN) did not show significant effects, such as the extract at the concentration of 0.01-1000 nM. These results indicate that there are some metabolic interactions between cannabinoid and steroid metabolism and that the constituents showing estrogen-like activity exist in marijuana.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15588936?ordinalpos=10&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

I could find MANY more, but i think if you do a quick search on a publicized medical source you'll get the point

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
the majority of the studies showing thc's hormonal impact were done using extremely high doses on rats.

if you read through a lot of the studies you will realize that a moderate pot head will likely have a much better hormonal profile than say a binge drinker.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, and there are also a fair amount of contradictory studies which conclude there are NO estrogenic effects in humans..
I'm not saying it is or isn't estrogenic, just pointing out that it is much more than 6th grade propaganda where these "THC estrogen" rumors come from, I did a project on this same subject for my freshman year college seminar class.. the conclusion was that it had slight estrogenic stimulation.. since then there's been many more studies and I haven't had the time or interest to keep up with it.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
look its real world results that count, and I think since I have been smoking everyday for 16 yrs and I am fine I workout I get big as long as I eat good, I have a good attitiude even on 6 caps of mmv2 and some methyl dht thrown in I still dont get that aggrivated must b somthin in that pot smoke, maybe its creatine,lol

MikeDank19

Awards
ha i didn't expect this thread to get so many hits, good to know we all love pot haha

SwolePierce

SwolePierce

Awards
Weed always helped me with bulking but I always had low libido while I was high. Women however always seem to be very horny while on thc

parsons

Awards
haha this post is a good one. Smokeing pot can make u LAZY! witch can make u lose ur gains. Your better off not being a stoner. But thc wont make u lose weight.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Dude, the best sex ever when while your blown. I only smoke after a good workout. I used to wake and bake every day but it killed my intensity. But I've never had a loss of libido, unless I was drinking too

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
haha this post is a good one. Smokeing pot can make u LAZY! witch can make u lose ur gains. Your better off not being a stoner. But thc wont make u lose weight.
I feel more motivated after I smoke, really. Maybe it's because I'm determined that the propaganda won't become a prophecy.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
from past exp :D

I would say it will only effect your focus in a + way :D

MikeDank19

Awards
hopefully u all got your herb ready for 420 comin up soon, i plan on enjoying my day haha

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
One of my good friends back in the day, a wednesday, swore that thc helped him get big by eating so much. He was a freak!
hahah back in the day, which was actually a wednesday...gotta love dane cook