Glutamine and Bulking

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
My experiences:

1. I use L-Glutamine. However, I never feel any better or worse while on it or off it. I still use it regardless.

2. Bulking or cutting is determined by diet, not supplements.

shotdead42

Awards
i was reading online, and found someone with the same question; and one guy answers

"If i can i'll try to explain this... Glutamine usage depends on your goal. If you are cutting up this is a good product, if you are bulking how you should then glutamine is a waste.

Why? Because if you are bulking you should be eating every 2.5 to 3 hours and solid meals all the time. If you take glutamine on this kind of schedule it will compete w/ the other aminos for absorption, thus rendering it useless. If you're cutting on the other hand you can use glutamine on an empty stomach and it will be absorbed and prevent catabolism.

Let me ask you something else? Has anyone ever said they gained 5 pounds on glutamine? Never. This product helps your muscles recover yes, but unless you can end up taking it on empty stomach it's not worth it. UNLESS... maybe you have glutamine peptides."

This guy does make sense, anyone agrees?
if its true i just wasted my $$...... =(

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
1. Take what you read with a grain of salt.
2. He's saying 'bulking' is dictated by diet. You should be eating the same frequency of meals while cutting, not just bulking.
3. If you're worried about his statement about eating on an empty stomach..why not do so? wake up in the middle up the nite..drink, upon waking in the morning, drink, before bed, when carbs are low, drink..You've wasted nothing.

Don't believe everything you read. Don't disregard everything you read. Do your homework (like you are) and come up with works for YOU and your training regimen.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
sadly there is no scientific evidence free form glutatmine makes it past the stomach. so in a sense its a waste of money. thats why some dont feel any different.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I never really understood the benefit of supplementing Glutamine...if you have a high protein diet then you should be getting pleanty! Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid and is in almost all foods containing protein.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
L-Glutamine mainly prevents catabolism if dosed preworkout, and can have a slight increase in growth hormone if taken before bed. Glutamine does not directly stimulate protein synthesis, however it does aid speeding recovery which will allow you to train harder, leading to better gains no matter what your goal is. Personally I noticed lean mass gains using LG's glutamine peptides, but I haven't seen that stuff in a long time.

shotdead42

Awards
aww man... =(
lol damn i'm, gettin the feeling tat i wasted 17$... and i jus recieved my whole order of supplements today.
well ill prob use it and see if this thing is a waste or w/e...

i did hear how l-glutamine peptides are better then l-glutamine, dont see whats diff about em though...

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
aww man... =(
lol damn i'm, gettin the feeling tat i wasted 17$... and i jus recieved my whole order of supplements today.
well ill prob use it and see if this thing is a waste or w/e...

i did hear how l-glutamine peptides are better then l-glutamine, dont see whats diff about em though...
I'll take the bottle off your hands :bandit:

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
All the peptide is basically is glutamine bonded to another amino acid to make a chain that takes more to digest so it can bypass the gut, much more expensive however.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Nutra's glutamine is basically dirt cheap. So, i buy a 500g container and dose it like this.

PREWORKOUT - 10g
PWO - 10G
BEDTIME - 10G

Hell, why not? Mainly for immune (bedtime), catabolism (preworkout), cortisol (pwo). I know there is lots of studies denying all of this, but at the price, it never hurts to use it and "feel" good about what u are doing.

IMO

shotdead42

Awards
"If you take glutamine on this kind of schedule it will compete w/ the other aminos for absorption, thus rendering it useless."

on that quote above, anyone think its true? i do see on alot of places where they say not to use glutamine when bulking.
i mean how does it compete with other aminos, when i see in many gainers they add in glutamine..

PS: thanks for da response msucurt and HATEFULone

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
In Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding he says glutamine is fuel for immune system, and can help keep you from getting sick when training hard.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
ahhh. sounds like glutamine is a waste of $$.
I wouldn't say a waste of money, just not a necessary supplement, if one has their workout and diet in check, as well as staple supplements like multivitamin and protein etc, then glutamine would be an option, but you must give it an honest try to see if it helps you attain your goal.