Looking for advice

exzile

Awards
I know I'll probably get quite a few differing thoughts here, but I hope I can get at least an idea of where to start.

If there was one type of supplement that you could not go without what would it be? I am on a rather limited spending amount, and can really only afford one supplement at this time. I know that the question is vague since there are so many options, but better see what others think on this and make a solid conclusion from that.

As per the above I can only afford the one supplement, so my goals are rather modest. Get a little leaner and put on some tighter muscle. I'm about 5'10 and weighing 188lbs. I wouldn't mind getting down to 160-170lbs, something I hope to do with cardio so I am not looking for a weight loss pill just hopefully a solid supplement that works by itself well.

I have used creatine in the past and liked how I felt, gained nice strength and power. Now after a 4 year lay off from anything I have decided to get back into shape and recently purchased more creatine.

By your opinion would creatine be the best bet for my one and only supplement? Or would I better be off with something else if my main goal is to put on a little muscle while leaning out and tightening up?

Sorry if this is not an exciting topic, just hoping for some ideas.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
protein. that is like the one thing someone should not be without. but if ur just looking for creatine, then bulk mono, bulk CEE are good low priced great quality creatines. i also enjoyed from experiences green MAG and size-on.

exzile

Awards
Creatine is honestly the only thing I am familiar with, so I wouldn't say it's exactly what I'm looking at. Just trying to get an idea if since I can't go with more than one supplement at this time dropping creatine in favor of something would be more beneficial...as per you Protein

Thank you for responding.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
whats your spending limit 25$ 50$ 100$? it really makes a difference i know i was on a 100$ budget i already had whey from earlier purchase but with 100$ i bought

GReen MAG (Creatine)
White FLOOD (Pre Workout Nitric Oxide tabs)
Adams Multi (Great multivitamin)

That all cost me about 92$ on sites just google to find cheapest product.

But since you need protein to you can try cutting out some food that you buy for higher protein foods to get some out of that if you dont want to just buy protein. But you can get 2lbs for like 20$ online look around if your really tight stick to protein for now.

You can buy a lot of things like creatine bulk theres lots of things you can buy bulk to make your own stuff that may be cheaper but im not sure.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
You could also get 5lbs of Whey, Bulk BCAA, and Bulk Creatine Mono for about $100 as well. If you have $100 (which you may not), that's what I would go with.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
points to post above thats probally a better option

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
You could also get 5lbs of Whey, Bulk BCAA, and Bulk Creatine Mono for about $100 as well. If you have $100 (which you may not), that's what I would go with.
You can buy all that much much cheaper than $100.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
You can buy all that much much cheaper than $100.
Probably. I was pretty much just estimating $40 for the whey, and approx $40 for 500g of BCAA, then what...maybe $10 for a good amount of Mono (I haven't bought bulk Mono in a very very long time). After shipping maybe $90.

From Nutraplanet:
500g Bulk Creatine Mono $8.95
500g Bulk BCAA $24.95
5lb ON Whey Gold Standard ($44.95) or 5lb All The Whey Isolate ($38.95).

Good call Liquid. All of that from Nutra for only approx $80 shipped.

rep'd....I was heavily overestimating the price of bulk BCAA.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Probably. I was pretty much just estimating $40 for the whey, and approx $40 for 500g of BCAA, then what...maybe $10 for a good amount of Mono (I haven't bought bulk Mono in a very very long time). After shipping maybe $90.

From Nutraplanet:
500g Bulk Creatine Mono $8.95
500g Bulk BCAA $24.95
5lb ON Whey Gold Standard ($44.95) or 5lb All The Whey Isolate ($38.95).

Good call Liquid. All of that from Nutra for only approx $80 shipped.

rep'd....I was heavily overestimating the price of bulk BCAA.
And that's with isolate. He could just get basic blend for 29.99. Was 23.99 just a few days ago in a sale :burnout:.

exzile

Awards
Yea, honestly I can only spend about $30.00 a month =/

Thank you all for the responses, they are very welcome.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established

If your diet already consists of a lot of protein through food, bulk creatine and bcaa is a good route.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established

If you're diet is on point, and you're getting adequate amounts of protein I would go with the BCAA for around your workouts. But if you're not then just get protein. Can't go wrong with that bro.

exzile

Awards
Diet is so-so, lol. Never actually thought of BCAA's honestly. Will have to read up on them. But regardless protein may be my best option.

Thank you guys