Why I Don't believe in natural bodybuilding

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Why I Don't Believe In Natural Bodybuilding
By: Justin Hayward and Charles Simeone

My name is Justin Hayward. I compete in the National Physique Committee(NPC), which as many people know is the national bodybuilding organization that is most well known. It is the organization where all the best competitors get their pro-cards, and go on to become IFBB athletes. The thing about the NPC versus other organizations is that the NPC is an open competition, meaning there is no drug or polygraph test. There are no rules saying what you are allowed and not allowed to do or take to place well. Many see this as destructive to ones health.

As many of you know, I train and work with athletes that compete in both the NPC as well as in natural organizations. The natural leagues that I'm most familiar with are the OCB and the INBF. These two may be the biggest natural competitions aside from muscle mania, and offer pro cards which offers the possibility to compete on the "natural pro stage" with the WNBF and the IFPA. I have accompanied my athletes to various competitions in these leagues as well as the drug and polygraph tests needed to compete.

I will give specific examples of why I do not believe in these natural organizations. First, lets start with the OCB, the most drug-laden of natural organizations. I accompanied one of my athletes (who was in fact 100% natural- no pro-hormones, steroids or illegal fat burners) to his OCB polygraph test in 2008. He was asked 4 questions- Have you ever taken testosterone, have you ever taken clenbuterol, have you ever taken growth hormone, and have you ever taken lasix. These were the only questions that were asked. This is about 4 out of hundreds of steroids, prohormones, fat burners and other chemicals used for bodybuilding purposes. The conclusion here is that these athletes could take almost any drug they wanted and get through this polygraph test.

The INBF which is a more strict organization, is also flawed when it comes to drug and polygraph testing. My client competed in an INBF competition a few weeks after the OCB show and they accepted the OCB polygraph for his entry. They did not test him again. In both competitions, he placed extremely well in the men's divisions. I also have had a few encounters with top natural pro's who recommend prohormones, using their own experiences with these products as their recommendations. One of these pros is currently one of the most well known natural athletes in the WORLD.

My name is Charles Simeone and I have competed in almost 10 INBF shows, took second in the northeast america and have won 1 overall INBF title. I have been at schows MANY times where athletes have actually told me that they have used compounds such as clenbuterol. Also, the urine test given to athletes are far from strict. The INBF, as Justin said, is one of the toughest natural organizations as far as banned substances, but still they lag in the manner that they test for these drugs. When I was tested for my competitions, I was given a cup and they told me the bathroom was down the hall. This bathroom was nowhere near where they gave me the cup and I easily could have gotten someone else to do it for me. However, there was no need, as I had never taken more than a test booster and always followed the banned substance list.

After I while, I decided that competing on a playing field that was supposed to be even, but was not, was not for me. I have now decided to compete in the NPC. There is no way to know if the winners at these natural organizations are actually natural, so if you are placing well in them anyways, why not compete against bigger and better guys in the NPC? That's the transition I decided to make and will be competing sometime next year.

In conclusion, we are not bashing or discrediting people who really do bodybuild naturally. There are plenty of guys who do this, and good for them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with bodybuilding naturally. However, keep in mind if you plan on competing, if you're stepping on a very competitive stage, that not all of your competition is going to have the same natural mindset that you have. You are not competing on an even playing field, and the outcome may not be fair.

Attachments

Shatter

Shatter

Awards
Sounds more like, "why I don't believe in natural bodybuidling competitions; and the governance of said competitions".

It is all a shame though, regardless.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
it's no different than trying to keep drug use out of the olympics or professional sports.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i dont know if its just the picture or what...but that "natural" guy on the right looks like hes got a touch of gyno......lol

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Charlie has had slight gyno since he was a young teen. He never took any banned substance at all when he was competing in the INBF

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem with guys claming they were all natural while saying the competion is set in such a way that you can't prove this is that you have to rely on their word that they're natural

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
jay cutler is natural.
:laugh:
I'm positive that he is! I mean, look at him, he hasn't gained a pound after being drafted by the broncos! :laugh:

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
The problem with guys claming they were all natural while saying the competion is set in such a way that you can't prove this is that you have to rely on their word that they're natural
Agreed

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
But why go from OCB/INBF to NPC where you know that most all the guys juice? You will certainly be at a greater disadvantage than the OCB and INBF. IMO, if you want to compete at a "same level", your chances are better in the OCB/INBF. Nothing is perfect.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Supplements are not natural. Most are man made. Does that mean most people on the board are not natural? Lot of dietary supplements are synthesized endless its like a super food/super greens. Or it has a Kosher hexure on it.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why I Don't Believe In Natural Bodybuilding
By: Justin Hayward and Charles Simeone

My name is Justin Hayward. I compete in the National Physique Committee(NPC), which as many people know is the national bodybuilding organization that is most well known. It is the organization where all the best competitors get their pro-cards, and go on to become IFBB athletes. The thing about the NPC versus other organizations is that the NPC is an open competition, meaning there is no drug or polygraph test. There are no rules saying what you are allowed and not allowed to do or take to place well. Many see this as destructive to ones health.

As many of you know, I train and work with athletes that compete in both the NPC as well as in natural organizations. The natural leagues that I'm most familiar with are the OCB and the INBF. These two may be the biggest natural competitions aside from muscle mania, and offer pro cards which offers the possibility to compete on the "natural pro stage" with the WNBF and the IFPA. I have accompanied my athletes to various competitions in these leagues as well as the drug and polygraph tests needed to compete.

I will give specific examples of why I do not believe in these natural organizations. First, lets start with the OCB, the most drug-laden of natural organizations. I accompanied one of my athletes (who was in fact 100% natural- no pro-hormones, steroids or illegal fat burners) to his OCB polygraph test in 2008. He was asked 4 questions- Have you ever taken testosterone, have you ever taken clenbuterol, have you ever taken growth hormone, and have you ever taken lasix. These were the only questions that were asked. This is about 4 out of hundreds of steroids, prohormones, fat burners and other chemicals used for bodybuilding purposes. The conclusion here is that these athletes could take almost any drug they wanted and get through this polygraph test.

The INBF which is a more strict organization, is also flawed when it comes to drug and polygraph testing. My client competed in an INBF competition a few weeks after the OCB show and they accepted the OCB polygraph for his entry. They did not test him again. In both competitions, he placed extremely well in the men's divisions. I also have had a few encounters with top natural pro's who recommend prohormones, using their own experiences with these products as their recommendations. One of these pros is currently one of the most well known natural athletes in the WORLD.

My name is Charles Simeone and I have competed in almost 10 INBF shows, took second in the northeast america and have won 1 overall INBF title. I have been at schows MANY times where athletes have actually told me that they have used compounds such as clenbuterol. Also, the urine test given to athletes are far from strict. The INBF, as Justin said, is one of the toughest natural organizations as far as banned substances, but still they lag in the manner that they test for these drugs. When I was tested for my competitions, I was given a cup and they told me the bathroom was down the hall. This bathroom was nowhere near where they gave me the cup and I easily could have gotten someone else to do it for me. However, there was no need, as I had never taken more than a test booster and always followed the banned substance list.

After I while, I decided that competing on a playing field that was supposed to be even, but was not, was not for me. I have now decided to compete in the NPC. There is no way to know if the winners at these natural organizations are actually natural, so if you are placing well in them anyways, why not compete against bigger and better guys in the NPC? That's the transition I decided to make and will be competing sometime next year.

In conclusion, we are not bashing or discrediting people who really do bodybuild naturally. There are plenty of guys who do this, and good for them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with bodybuilding naturally. However, keep in mind if you plan on competing, if you're stepping on a very competitive stage, that not all of your competition is going to have the same natural mindset that you have. You are not competing on an even playing field, and the outcome may not be fair.
nice article guys- reps :)

vadox6466

well, you're internally sound when you compete naturally in these things.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want to compete in Natural bodybuilding, it is better that you do it for the fun of getting in the best shape of your life. If you are Natural then that's something you can take pride in and you don't have anything to prove to anyone but yourself. If you are not and competing in a Natural show all I can says is... shame on you.

Bodybuilding in general can be frustrating for a competitive person... if the cheaters don't get you the judges will as there is definite favourtism and they are rarely judged fairly. It's really a bit of a scam all the way around, but if your just there for the fun ... who cares.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say the polygraph is 100% bogus since it's based off the person's reaction to the questions rather than the questions themselves. They might be nervous or react in a negative way even if they never injected test but just used PH or something.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't say the polygraph is 100% bogus since it's based off the person's reaction to the questions rather than the questions themselves. They might be nervous or react in a negative way even if they never injected test but just used PH or something.
that's not the way it works, it's the questions and how they react when they lie about that particular question. a good polygraph technician will ask the questions first without the polygraph then put the polygraph on and ask the same questions. Let you stew first.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You also need to realize that you can compete in the INBF/WNBF even if you are NOT natural at all, so long as you have not used in 7 years (for most substances; some can be a little less, like 2 years).

Great respect for the guys who ARE ALL natural, though.