Universal Shock Therapy Vs USPLabs Jacked

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried Jacked as of yet.. I am hard core fan of Universal... But after I have read from different forms on the USPLabs Jacked it got my Attention. Just the ingredient alone in Jacked got me thinking… See below I need some help… Anyone out in the world tried both Shock and jacked and has an honest option

Jacked:
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 45
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Y-RD Complex: 153.33mg **
Caffeine, Theophylline (from Guarana), 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, Dibenzo(a,c) cycloocten-6-ol, 5,6,7,8-tetrahydro- 1,2,3,10,11,12 hexamethoxy-6,7-dimethyl-, stereolsomer (Schizandrol A)
ATP-Carnosine-Vaso Complex: 3,166.67mg **
Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG)

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Natural Lemon-Lime Flavor, Effer-Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate), Acesuflame-K, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Alfalfa Powder (for color).

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Oh no...not another one of these...:poke:

Seriously, I have tried both. Both are quite strong in the stim department. Jacked being the newer product is going to get more hype, and probably more support in this thread, but Shock Therapy gets the job done too.
I'm not sure which product to reccomend here...

Jacked has a great stim complex and a couple basic ingredients that are PROVEN to work: Crea Mono, Beta Alanine, dont remember what else is in there, but it's pretty basic (which isnt always bad)

Shock Therapy has a lot more complex make-up including Citrulline Malate (which I believe Jacked is lacking) and an anti-oxidant Complex. The down side is it's a proprietary blend, so who knows how much you are getting of these.

Overall, I would say go with Shock for 2 reasons:

1- You're a self proclaimed Universal fan. If you know their products work for you, why gamble. Shock Therapy WILL work as a pre workout supp. I assure you that.

2 - Value. Although Jacked has a slightly lower price tag, it has 45 scoops to Shock's 50. I used 3 scoops of Jacked and never needed more than one of Shock. So in reality, for me that's 15 servings vs. 50 servings. Big difference.

Good luck bro. You'll most likely be happy with which ever product you pick.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
One more thing...Universal takes care of their customers. I've witnessed them give away 6 products in the last week on this board alone, none of which asked for a log, or an endorsment, or anything but a mailing address. USP may do that, I don't know, but I've never seen it.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
One more thing...Universal takes care of their customers. I've witnessed them give away 6 products in the last week on this board alone, none of which asked for a log, or an endorsment, or anything but a mailing address. USP may do that, I don't know, but I've never seen it.
I have been using ST and pump for a long time... i was thinking of changing because i wanted something different but more read and more i dug into USP the more i was thinking i have to have a good reason why i want to change.... i have not found it yet

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's no shortage of PreWO supplements on the market. Keep reading on this board; just do searches for "PreWorkout" or "Best ____" and you will find tons of threads. Gather reviews, read logs, and then try the one that sounds the most promising to you. Many companies even send out samples of their products if you request them. Everybody has their own personal favourites; explore and try different ones.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
from what i just read the new jack3d only needs like 2 or 1 scoops now.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
from what i just read the new jack3d only needs like 2 or 1 scoops now.

I had the original Jacked, so I can't speak of the new version. Although I believe the only difference is suppposed to be the Name "Jack3d" and the absence of sodium bicarbonate, which shouldn't really make any difference in terms of effect.
Either way, I speak of my own experience. Jack3d could impact someone else completely differently than what my experience has shown, so take it as one opinion, and consider it among other user feedback.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i bought 3 tubs of jacked when it first came out and probably will not get it again. because of the sides

TheAmazing1

TheAmazing1

Awards
id stick with shock personally. i havent tried the new jack3d, i got the ic deal. the first time i took jacked i took one scoop because i just couldnt wait and it was great took another scoop about 2 hours later and it was like i took both at the same time, it was the greatest thing i had ever taken!! the euphoria energy and stamina were amazing.. it was never the same again, before it was all over i was taking 3 scoops at ~170 lbs and it barely gave me any energy. so my tolerance built very quickly

never had this problem with shock, same results every time. it is my fav as far as just a kick in a$$ when needed esp considering cost

but thats just my opinion. the only way to find out is try it out bro, everone is different

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
There's no shortage of PreWO supplements on the market. Keep reading on this board; just do searches for "PreWorkout" or "Best ____" and you will find tons of threads. Gather reviews, read logs, and then try the one that sounds the most promising to you. Many companies even send out samples of their products if you request them. Everybody has their own personal favourites; explore and try different ones.
x2.

Corporate samples Shock Therapy, on a rotating basis. To find out where they are currently sampling, updates will be posted here for anyone interested:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/118213-free-samples-universal.html

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not tried Jack3d yet, and may in the future, but I am a huge supporter of Universal, and did enjoy ST. I got a good jump out of it for my workouts, whihc was helpful on more strenuous days

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
universal was nice enough to send me shock therapy to try. from what ive heard it sounds promising ill post my comments in this thread.

purebred

if i'm not mistaken, both products contain caffeine. i bring this out because i'm doing my best to steer clear of caffeine as part of my acne treatment. what would be a caffeine-free alternative to products like ST and Jack3d?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I am not a big fan of USP labs or AAKG, but the original version of Jacked was great. It wasn't as good tasting as claimed, but I had solid workouts and a nice stim and BA effect with 3 scoops. The only downside is, 3 scoops would only fuel 15 workouts.

Now I've only sampled Shock Therapy, it was solid, less of a stimulant effect than Jacked, and it contains a potentially dangerous compound: Glycocyamine.

Two of my favorites are CL White Flood and AE's PreSurge for pre-workout, and now I am currently loggin Ultima, which has some good benefits for a non-stimulant pre/peri-workout drank.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
if i'm not mistaken, both products contain caffeine. what would be a caffeine-free alternative to products like ST and Jack3d?
You could run Animal Pump and drop the red capsule (stims)... But the energy you get from Pump is diff than from Shock... Milder, cleaner, smoother but longer-lasting... And Pump is currently being sampled for free so, pick up a sample for anyone interested.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Now I've only sampled Shock Therapy, it was solid, less of a stimulant effect than Jacked, and it contains a potentially dangerous compound: Glycocyamine.
Glycocyamine was dropped a long time ago...

purebred

Glycocyamine is the compound cytosport pulled out of their muscle milk product, right?

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established

Ony for Muscle milk not for monster milke it sill hAS IT!!

ingredients¬

Proprietary Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Calcium Sodium Caseinate, L-Glutamine, Glutamine Peptides, Lactoferrin, L-Valine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine), LeanLipids Plus (Sunflower and/or safflower oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Canola Oil, Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)), Cocoa Powder, Maltodextrin, Digestive Resistant Maltodextrin (soluble dietary fiber), Fructose, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Monster Creatine Matrix (Kre-Alkaline [Buffered Creatine, Patent #6,399,661), Betaine Anhydrous, Glycocyamine), Fructooligosaccharide, Potassium Chloride, Gum Blend (Xanthan, Cellulose, Carrageenan), Aminogen (Patented Bioactive Polypeptide Enzyme System), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.

Ingredients may fary slightly from flavor to flavor.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Corporate samples Shock Therapy, on a rotating basis. To find out where they are currently sampling, updates will be posted here for anyone interested:

Hello Rep: Question for you about shock and Usp jacked
:Below is what USP is saying about other PO drinks. I Know that ST and Intra-aid has Maltodextrin. Can you comment on this ... I love you all product I have been using them for years...

FACTS about Maltodextrin:

Maltodextrin has a glycemic index of 105 – That's sky-high on the chart - 5 Points higher than Glucose & 44 points higher than sucrose (Yep, that's straight-up table sugar!)
Maltodextrin is found in large quantities in all the top selling pre-workout pump products.
Most products contain between 6 to 11 grams of maltodextrin per scoop - With 2-3 scoops being required for effective dose!
A "hardcore" dose of popular powders will yield up to 33 grams of Maltodextrin! That's 72-132 calories super-high GI carbs! Same as a can of soda!! -Maltodextrin is simply added as a filler to deceive you into thinking you are getting more for your money.
And, to make things even shadier, Maltodextrin is often cleverly disguised on the label as "glucose polymers." How do we know they are being deceptive? That's a lot of carbs – why do they try to disguise it?
High amounts of maltodextrin is what you pay for with those other formulas. Shipping, bigger packages & bottles all cost more. Who do you think is covering these costs?

purebred

FACTS about Maltodextrin:

Maltodextrin has a glycemic index of 105 – That's sky-high on the chart - 5 Points higher than Glucose & 44 points higher than sucrose (Yep, that's straight-up table sugar!)
Maltodextrin is found in large quantities in all the top selling pre-workout pump products.
Most products contain between 6 to 11 grams of maltodextrin per scoop - With 2-3 scoops being required for effective dose!
A "hardcore" dose of popular powders will yield up to 33 grams of Maltodextrin! That's 72-132 calories super-high GI carbs! Same as a can of soda!! -Maltodextrin is simply added as a filler to deceive you into thinking you are getting more for your money.
And, to make things even shadier, Maltodextrin is often cleverly disguised on the label as "glucose polymers." How do we know they are being deceptive? That's a lot of carbs – why do they try to disguise it?
High amounts of maltodextrin is what you pay for with those other formulas. Shipping, bigger packages & bottles all cost more. Who do you think is covering these costs?
is this an excerpt from the USPLab's write-up?

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Hello All I just order Jacked3d.. I am going to do a review and compair it to Shock Therapy.... I will do my best to give a honest option on how effective it is.

I workout 3 times a week Friday Sat and Sunday. the rest of the week is all push ups I just like them and I can bang them out after work. I am only taking jacked on my gym days. I will start this week if it get to the house on time!!!!!! I love universal product but hey a change might be needed or I just blew see below

1x Jacked (45 servings) By: USPLabs

------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $23.95
Federal Express - Express Saver (3 Day): $10.05
Total: $34.00

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
the geranium extract isn't too friendly with mr. winky if u know what i mean
I take 1 or 2 "OO" caps of plain old Horny Goat Weed with my 2 daily coffees which fixes this problem up.......for me anyway!!!

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I take 1 or 2 "OO" caps of plain old Horny Goat Weed with my 2 daily coffees which fixes this problem up.......for me anyway!!!
the geranium extract is the only thing thats given me that problem. he'll get up to say hi then go right back to bed

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello All I just order Jacked3d.. I am going to do a review and compair it to Shock Therapy.... I will do my best to give a honest option on how effective it is.

I workout 3 times a week Friday Sat and Sunday. the rest of the week is all push ups I just like them and I can bang them out after work. I am only taking jacked on my gym days. I will start this week if it get to the house on time!!!!!! I love universal product but hey a change might be needed or I just blew see below

1x Jacked (45 servings) By: USPLabs

------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $23.95
Federal Express - Express Saver (3 Day): $10.05
Total: $34.00

It will be interesting to see your results. If you need anything, let me know.

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
the geranium extract isn't too friendly with mr. winky if u know what i mean
seriously? i was thinking about getting this to replace my fail BSN no-explode but now that makes me think twice....i thought it was just a pre-workout drink, didnt think it would cause problems of that sort :/

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
the geranium extract is the only thing thats given me that problem. he'll get up to say hi then go right back to bed
Yep, same problem as me and the HGW fixed it. If it was still a problem I was going to add Maca as well but at the moment it's not warranted.

Maca is good for the libido though.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
seriously? i was thinking about getting this to replace my fail BSN no-explode but now that makes me think twice....i thought it was just a pre-workout drink, didnt think it would cause problems of that sort :/
potent stims can have that effect

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
It will be interesting to see your results. If you need anything, let me know.
Brohiem your food intake is great thank you for the pics.,,

I will start my quest on friday that is when Jacked3d will be in the house i hope... i will keep all posted.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Hello all that cares!

I just got my small tub of Jacked3D... I will be posting all my work outs on supplement-reviews. Tomorrow I will be doing Chest and Tri work @ 1500. Below is my work out let me know what you cool cats think... I hope this is better then shock or just as good! I will let you know if it's BS !!! Hell I will let you know

All that was is now what is in the world for those who achieved greatness

islandmagicmic DB 30deg 15deg flat 5X8 (30deg 15deg flat one set) 4 more to go son!

DB Decline Bench 4x15

DB Incline Bench 2x15

DB Flat 3x15

Incline low pulley fly 2x20

DB Tri kickback 2x20

Islandmagic cable Tri extn 1X100 ( you start @ 100lbs if you cannot bang out 100 reps you move the pin up one until you can finish 100 reps)

islandmagic tri pull downs ( you start @ 100lbs if you cannot bang out 100 reps you move the pin up one until you can finish 100 reps)

Bench dips 2x20

Islandmagic push-up 5x15 ( 15 wide 15 normal 15 closed one set) Now you have 4 more to go can you do it?

purebred

Hello all that cares!

I just got my small tub of Jacked3D... I will be posting all my work outs on supplement-reviews. Tomorrow I will be doing Chest and Tri work @ 1500. Below is my work out let me know what you cool cats think... I hope this is better then shock or just as good! I will let you know if it's BS !!! Hell I will let you know

All that was is now what is in the world for those who achieved greatness

islandmagicmic DB 30deg 15deg flat 5X8 (30deg 15deg flat one set) 4 more to go son!

DB Decline Bench 4x15

DB Incline Bench 2x15

DB Flat 3x15

Incline low pulley fly 2x20

DB Tri kickback 2x20

Islandmagic cable Tri extn 1X100 ( you start @ 100lbs if you cannot bang out 100 reps you move the pin up one until you can finish 100 reps)

islandmagic tri pull downs ( you start @ 100lbs if you cannot bang out 100 reps you move the pin up one until you can finish 100 reps)

Bench dips 2x20

Islandmagic push-up 5x15 ( 15 wide 15 normal 15 closed one set) Now you have 4 more to go can you do it?
make sure to create your own review thread in which you can share your thoughts, feedback, training, nutrition, etc.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have used both shock therapy and jacked, shock therapy wasn't what i expected and i posted this on the animal/universal threads, i didn't get much of a pump and no energy to speak of, as for jacked, i really like the energy i get and the focus in the gym sometimes i don't want to leave and force myself out, i am a small guy though so the beta alanine in the jacked not only gives me tingles but makes me feel like i have a sweater on in the gym and makes the top of my ears feel like their on fire, so i learned to eat some carbs about a half hour before taking the jacked, but imo i liked jacked better but i do like universal products, i just should have purchased animal pump instead

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
i have used both shock therapy and jacked, shock therapy wasn't what i expected and i posted this on the animal/universal threads, i didn't get much of a pump and no energy to speak of, as for jacked, i really like the energy i get and the focus in the gym sometimes i don't want to leave and force myself out, i am a small guy though so the beta alanine in the jacked not only gives me tingles but makes me feel like i have a sweater on in the gym and makes the top of my ears feel like their on fire, so i learned to eat some carbs about a half hour before taking the jacked, but imo i liked jacked better but i do like universal products, i just should have purchased animal pump instead
Your positive you didn't get Storm instead? Shock therapy if anything is too strong in the stim department. I have never heard the opposite from anyone.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing gives me a better workout then Jack3d!:D woot woot!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nope i got shock therapy, i also use storm as my creatine but i got grape shock therapy and fruit punch storm so i didn't confuse to the two, shock therapy didn't get me the energy that superpump250 or jacked gives me, i didn't feel any extra energy, i like jacked and superpump because after a long day at work when i kind of don't want to go to the gym i'd drink that be rady to hit the gym

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
nope i got shock therapy, i also use storm as my creatine but i got grape shock therapy and fruit punch storm so i didn't confuse to the two, shock therapy didn't get me the energy that superpump250 or jacked gives me, i didn't feel any extra energy, i like jacked and superpump because after a long day at work when i kind of don't want to go to the gym i'd drink that be rady to hit the gym
geranium extract vs caffeine is a big difference

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh no...not another one of these...:poke:

Seriously, I have tried both. Both are quite strong in the stim department. Jacked being the newer product is going to get more hype, and probably more support in this thread, but Shock Therapy gets the job done too.
I'm not sure which product to reccomend here...

Jacked has a great stim complex and a couple basic ingredients that are PROVEN to work: Crea Mono, Beta Alanine, dont remember what else is in there, but it's pretty basic (which isnt always bad)

Shock Therapy has a lot more complex make-up including Citrulline Malate (which I believe Jacked is lacking) and an anti-oxidant Complex. The down side is it's a proprietary blend, so who knows how much you are getting of these.

Overall, I would say go with Shock for 2 reasons:

1- You're a self proclaimed Universal fan. If you know their products work for you, why gamble. Shock Therapy WILL work as a pre workout supp. I assure you that.

2 - Value. Although Jacked has a slightly lower price tag, it has 45 scoops to Shock's 50. I used 3 scoops of Jacked and never needed more than one of Shock. So in reality, for me that's 15 servings vs. 50 servings. Big difference.

Good luck bro. You'll most likely be happy with which ever product you pick.
I couldnt agree more with this post, like you read my mind! :D

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I couldnt agree more with this post, like you read my mind! :D
Ok I have been taking Jack3D For the 3 days now it working for me I love shock Therapy and pump as stated but I hate myself saying this MRjacked3D has more of a focus feel to it like pump. ST seems to missing this, Plese look up my review for Jacked3D. But with ST I take 1.5 but I do not get the real foucs...