Protein at Night

J

jdboucher

Awards
Should I take protein every night or just on nights after I've trained? Any recommendations on the kind of protein you use at night?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
everynight. myself, it's cottage cheese about 1 cup of it. some say casien protein powder, but i want something that will take my body longer to breakdown, like a solid food source.

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
Well if you are bulking you should take in as much protein as possible --- I usually switch between cottage cheese and xtreme formulations ultra peptide.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
everynight. myself, it's cottage cheese about 1 cup of it. some say casien protein powder, but i want something that will take my body longer to breakdown, like a solid food source.
i do the same. just dump some pepper on it eat it up then go to bed. i use to not eat before bed, but i think cottage cheese helps.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for hormone support :)

ultra peptide 2.0 in chocolate pb is the best

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, but honestly if you are having a cup of cottage cheese (or all casein), you dont really need it slowed down any, should last thru a normal nite. But saturated fats prebed give your body more building blocks for testosterone

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I was jus saying. I usually put some canola oil in my pre-bed shake

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely if you are using whey it helps slow it down, which is valuable.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, usually whey. Think I will end up getting some cottage cheese next time I hit the store tho.

S

sizematters10

and if you decide to go with a casein based protein, I'm almost sure there are 2 kinds..one not being nearly as effective in comparison to the other

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll throw down a muscle milk shake, with some oats in the blender, But I also work out at midnight, get home around 2am. I like to think its holding me over:)

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
and if you decide to go with a casein based protein, I'm almost sure there are 2 kinds..one not being nearly as effective in comparison to the other
What do you base this on?
Just curious because I ran a couple tubs of the previously mentioned xtreme formulations ultra peptide casein and I would feel as if I ate nothing when I woke so I switched back to ON's 100% Casein. To be fair xtreme's stuff taste way better but it feels more like whey to me.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The 2 types of Casein or Calcium Caseinate and Micellar Casein.

If you can, I would suggest Coconut Oil > Canola Oil for pre-bed fats. CO is almost all saturated fats, and has a whole host of positive benefits ranging from boosting thyroid, metabolism and energy, to testosterone production as easy mentioned. You can pick up 20oz for $10 shipped ( Free shipping expires tonight) Coconut Oil .