HELP - AnabolicMinds.com

HELP

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Exclamation HELP

I am 5"9 160lbs. i'm already taking creatine and i'm new to all these supplements...i'm trying to get up to 185 for the football seasons and i need to know waht works
    thanks

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

how old are you? and what position are you tryin to play?
    eat a grip of food.. especially after workouts get some good fast carbs in
    try 5x5 heavy weights and load the creatine
    but most important is diet
    CURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

the best advice i can give you is to eat a lot of meat. Depending on what your maintanence calories are i would suggest adding 500-1000 calories/day, but dont just eat junk food eat a variety. Eat foods like pasta, rice, veggies, fruits, lean meats, oatmeal, etc. . Also what type of training are you doing. Heavy squats/deads are a very good way to add muscle mass. Im assuming your a freshman in high school, so creatine a good protein powder, and multivitamin would be all the supplements i would suggest. Diet is your best weapon to grow. As far as protein intake i would suggest getting in at least 160-200g/day.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

i'm 15 trying to play Varsity Football next year i've got the speed that's it...i'm strong safety or outside linebacker.
    i've been in the weight room 5x a week getting some gains i was just wondering if i should be taking anything else to pack on muscle?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

I've been doing heavy sets repping 185lbs. bench and 4x4 on squats around 225lbs.
    And i'm a sophmore
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

how is your recovery time, is your body fully rested and ready for the next workout and not sore, or are you continuously sore. If thats the case a would suggest cutting back to 3days /week doing a 5X5 program. I did a 5X5 program couple of years ago and made great strength gains. I myself never did well with working out 5days/week.
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by NKE69 View Post
    I am 5"9 160lbs. i'm already taking creatine and i'm new to all these supplements...i'm trying to get up to 185 for the football seasons and i need to know waht works
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NKE69 View Post
    i'm 15 trying to play Varsity Football next year i've got the speed that's it...i'm strong safety or outside linebacker.
    i've been in the weight room 5x a week getting some gains i was just wondering if i should be taking anything else to pack on muscle?
    At your age all you need to gain muscle is FOOD (and training and recovery). Supplements aside from the staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein powder (only of not getting enough protein from your diet!) and BCAA's) are necessary. To gain muscle you need to be eating MORE than Maintenance.

Also, 5 days a week in the gym may not be conducive to getting the results you want (depending on WHAT you are doing), especially if you're doing other training on TOP of that. Remember that recovery is important, because it's WHEN your muscles adapt and grow. As for exercises: Powercleans, squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull-ups, etc. (i.e. multijoint, compund exercises) are the best exercises for growth. I would recommend 3 days a week (a day between each session for recovery). You could do many different types of programmes: A couple of suggestions are the 5x5 (already mentioned); of the 10x3 - Squats, deadlifts, and bench (all separate days, with a day between), as heavy as you can each set (and in between a couple of LIGHTER days of other exercises).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Im currently 16 i take NOW Adams multivitamin, White FLOOD NO tabs, Green MAG creatine and protein this works well theres not much more you can do but eat a lot and work hard.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Also, 5 days a week in the gym may not be conducive to getting the results you want (depending on WHAT you are doing), especially if you're doing other training on TOP of that. Remember that recovery is important, because it's WHEN your muscles adapt and grow. As for exercises: Powercleans, squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull-ups, etc. (i.e. multijoint, compund exercises) are the best exercises for growth. I would recommend 3 days a week (a day between each session for recovery). You could do many different types of programmes: A couple of suggestions are the 5x5 (already mentioned); of the 10x3 - Squats, deadlifts, and bench (all separate days, with a day between), as heavy as you can each set (and in between a couple of LIGHTER days of other exercises).
    those are some great ideas there. i would add "clean and press", as it is very important IMO to any athlete wanting explosive strength. the 5x5 will give you the best strength gains the fastest, but its difficult to bulk doing less than 8 reps. likewise, its very hard to bulk without the aforementioned exercises.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    those are some great ideas there. i would add "clean and press", as it is very important IMO to any athlete wanting explosive strength. the 5x5 will give you the best strength gains the fastest, but its difficult to bulk doing less than 8 reps. likewise, its very hard to bulk without the aforementioned exercises.
    agreed....food and lots of it...as in 10 whole eggs for breakfast and take a couple of meals with u during school...i personally think that deadlifts and farmers walk are two of the most important exercises for football...but it wont hurt to do alot more...
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    At your age all you need to gain muscle is FOOD (and training and recovery). Supplements aside from the staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein powder (only of not getting enough protein from your diet!) and BCAA's) are necessary. To gain muscle you need to be eating MORE than Maintenance.

I secound what all the above.. But I also want to say @ 15 years old you should not be lefting iron your body is not ready fro all that stress. My option is that you should do alot of push pull ups dips etc... If you need to get an xvest to add to your body weight just my option and I know alot of doc would same the same
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    I secound what all the above.. But I also want to say @ 15 years old you should not be lefting iron your body is not ready fro all that stress. My option is that you should do alot of push pull ups dips etc... If you need to get an xvest to add to your body weight just my option and I know alot of doc would same the same
    i disagree.. looking at the NSCA essentials to strength and conditioning book on the chapters about age in relation to exercise there is no problem in him lifting weights... emphasis is on proper form with controllable weight
    weight bearing exercise will load his bones and force them to absorb more calcium and strengthen them along with increasing joint integrity
    there is no reason why he shouldnt be lifting weights unless he has completely improper form or is ego lifting but no matter your age both of those are problematic, he is playin football so hopefully his coaches can show him anything he has questions about, and hes got the forums help as well
    why not throw around some weight?
    CURRENT 2014 Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/252748-cherry-poppin-test.html
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smshannon001 View Post
    i disagree.. looking at the NSCA essentials to strength and conditioning book on the chapters about age in relation to exercise there is no problem in him lifting weights... emphasis is on proper form with controllable weight
    weight bearing exercise will load his bones and force them to absorb more calcium and strengthen them along with increasing joint integrity
    there is no reason why he shouldnt be lifting weights unless he has completely improper form or is ego lifting but no matter your age both of those are problematic, he is playin football so hopefully his coaches can show him anything he has questions about, and hes got the forums help as well

you are still growing that means you bones tissues and everything else. from other thing that have been reading and from my cuz that plays in the NBA and talking to his trainer last year he states young men should not grab iron unless he is @ 17 @ that time most boys have hit maturity. 15 year old young man how many pull ups can you do? pushup? this my option only... NSCA test is hard as hell note
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smshannon001 View Post
    i agree with u...to the OP go do some deads, squats, and bench press and add in some farmers walk just for fun at the end...it doesnt make sense why a 16 year old cant lift weight but a 17 year old can...a 17 year old is not matured enough the growth plates havent closed and the endocrine system is still developing...so pretty much that trainer is an idiot...if we had to wait till we were mature to lift weights we would wait till around 21 years old...done with my ranting...good luck to the OP...