B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steroid Q and A Steroids and Creatine

Q: I read somewhere that AAS and Creatine isn't a good idea because they correspond to the same receptor cells and when put together, they compete too hard with one another and actually diminish the effects of AAS. Is this true?

A: They may have some receptor sites in common, though we've never heard that. But receptors aren't really the issue here because they don't have chemical structure in common, so it would be a miss on that level anyway. More importantly, they work much differently, and therefore, should be used in different applications. Creatine swells muscle cells with fluid and increases contraction strength and hypertrophy. Its interaction with androgen pathways is debatable. Here's what's more important: You're using AAS during a cycle and hopefully eating yourself toward massive gains, in addition to the effects of AAS. So why would you use creatine during this period when pumps are so hellatious anyway? You wouldn't. It would be a waste, wouldn't it? Leave the creatine alone for the off season to bridge between cycles and keep those pumps and water volume rolling.

You can use creatine during pre-contest cycles with Anavar or D-bol and it can increase the effects of creatine and create tremendous vascularity for stage. Also, these two drugs allow creatine to be absorbed more readily. This is also true for straight Testosterone, which increases creatine synthesis. The main thing to remember about creatine is its ability to aid in recovery. What creatine actually does is increase the synthesis of ATP energy in muscle cells and allows you to recover faster and increase strength. This is why using it during off cycle times, when you need all the help you can get, is much smarter. But as we said, you can use creatine prior to a competition for increased cell volume and cosmetic tweaking, as well as fuller muscles.

About the Author: Dane Fletcher is the world's foremost training authority. He writes exclusively for GetAnabolics.com, a leading online provider of Steroid Alternatives and bodybuilding supplements. For more information, please visit GetAnabolics – Steroid Alternatives, Build Muscle, Bodybuilding.

By: Dane Fletcher

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
it's a debatable topic. some drugs like anvar for instance have proven much more effective when combined with creatine since it dramatically increases potential ATP limits.

here is a read arguing the other side....

Question: Creatine synthesis, if you increase creatine intake while on AS will it help you get stronger. I had always thought it just added to the amount of water you retain ?

Although creatine does have testosterone-like effects,it doesn't act as a steroid hormone.Instead,it's a mediator of some of the
androgens' anabolic effects.In fact,steroid users get far more out of their cycles if they take in massive amounts of creatine along
with the drugs.Androgens are among the hormones that can force the entry of creatine into muscle cells.While there's a clear
relationship between muscle strength gains and increases in muscle creatine stores,unfortunately,the relationship is not as obvious when it comes to increases in muscle mass.Animal-based studies have shown that the muscles of untrained rats take up as much creatine as the muscles of trained rats,but the ANABOLIC effects of creatine are only obvious in trained rats.Therefore,training increases the muscles sensitivity to the anabolic actions of creatine.(Although it's not related to this article,the study also demonstrated that the anabolic effects of creatine are DIRECT,and not mediated by waterretention.In fact,in the 1970s American and Russian studies pointed out a DIRECT anabolic effect of creatine on muscle cells.)Testosterone increases the muscles'sensitivity to the anabolic properties of creatine in addition to enhancing the creatine buildup in muscle fibers.It's also obvious that part of the strength gains people experience while on steroids are mediated by an increase in muscle creatine stores.An interesting discovery A/S users have made is that they should dramatically increase their creatine intake during a cycle to boost the potency of the steroids.Thanks to creatine,people can build more muscle mass with fewer drugs.Anecdotal evidence from A/S users points out that it
takes at least 10-15 grams(maintenance)of creatine a day to visibly enhance the the anabolic potency of a steroid stack.There are probably good reasons for the increased creatine requirement when androgen levels are high.As mentioned above,steroids increase the muscle uptake of creatine,and if the muscles are ready to accept more creatine,why not give it to them?I also think that even though steroids enhance creatine synthesis,they may increase creatine degradation as well-so more creatine is used up every day.That could be due to an increase in muscle creatine turnover and also the fact that an elevated muscle protein synthesis rate will likely consume creatine at a faster rate.Other reasons for a higher creatine
requirement may be indirect.Because the muscles of drug users are stronger and receive more training,they may waste greater amounts of creatine during training.Once inside the muscle,creatine provides not only an anabolic effect,but also a rapidly mobilized source of fuel.Muscle protein synthesis is a process that wastes great amounts of energy.Anabolism is an ATP-dependent process,which means that it's essential for protein synthesis.If the cellular level of ATP is reduced even a little,IT STOPS ANABOLISM.So even if you can increase the testosterone content of your muscles,nothing will happen if your ATP level is low.Creatine supports anabolism by providing energy to the muscle...

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
it's a debatable topic. some drugs like anvar for instance have proven much more effective when combined with creatine since it dramatically increases potential ATP limits.

here is a read arguing the other side....
Great post! I always keep up the creatine on cycle.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good post answers a lot of questions people have.

i however use creatine year round, but only 4-5x a week tops.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Always an argument for both sides. Why does science have to be so confusing. So the end result here is either take creatine while on cycle, or don't..... that's all, lol.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't using creatine on compounds such as d-bol or var increase the likelihood of back pumps? I get them from combining creatine with NO products or even highly dosed BCAAs. When working out, it will feel like my low back is on fire! I would assume that they are less severe/debilitating than AAS induced back-pumps (from the reports I've read; have yet to dabble in such fun). Personally, I couldn't imagine the combination of the two...but then again I am prone to back-pumps in the first place. I guess it would be okay for someone who wasn't.

Graglor

Graglor

Awards
  • Established
B5150 and Hank................... Is it maybe safe to say that it depends on the steroid used and that your both right? To me, this is an on going theory/debate. I take it with my Epi cycle because I've read it combines nicely with it. I might be wrong, but that's what I'm going with right now. Now if I was to take something like M1t, it wouldn't matter at all being such a harsh steroid with so many benefits and sides. What do ya think?

Graglor

Graglor

Awards
  • Established
Another question.

I'm pulsing, so if I took creatine on "on" or "off" days only, would that be a wise approach? It'd be nice to see both of your opinions.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Another question.

I'm pulsing, so if I took creatine on "on" or "off" days only, would that be a wise approach? It'd be nice to see both of your opinions.
lots of unknowns here.
what is the half life of the cycle compound and how much is still in circulation on "off" days?
and how much does this particular compound raise your ATP limits and creatine uptake rates?

based from what we do know, studies have shown it only takes ~2.7g/day of creatine for a 200lb male to maintain maximum ATP levels.

so assuming you are taking more than 5g/eod, you should maintain near peak ATP levels. your total body creatine levels will not fluctuate that significantly on "on" or "off" days of creatine use. at least not significantly enough for you to notice much of a change.