fat burner while bulking?

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
is there any supplement that helps to burn fat, especially belly fat, that I can use while training (except for illegal stuff!)?

Im a hard-gainer so trying to eat lots to bulk up while im training, getting a bit of fat on the belly that I want to get rid of. Ive been looking at some fat burners though and they seem to have appetite supressors in which wouldnt be good when im trying to eat a fair bit!

any ideas?

thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look at DCP combined with Lean Xtreme and possibly Leviathan Reloaded. These are your best bets to control fatgain while bulking while keeping cortisol in check.

SpanishFork

Awards
Look at DCP combined with Lean Xtreme and possibly Leviathan Reloaded. These are your best bets to control fatgain while bulking while keeping cortisol in check.
IIRC, stims all raise cortisol, so phosphatidylserine would be good to control that.

Does anyone who's used a fatburner while bulking have experience they could share?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IIRC, stims all raise cortisol, so phosphatidylserine would be good to control that.

Does anyone who's used a fatburner while bulking have experience they could share?
Leviathan is the only thing on that list that can be classified as a stim...and even then it's not a strong stim.

PS is ok, but expensive.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
You could do a yohimbine/caffeine/synephrine mix, cheap and will last you a long time while keeping you hungry.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
X2

I've run Lean Xtreme, DCP, and Recreate together with great results. Here in about 3 months I'm going to run something similar: Lean FX, DCP, Leviathan Reloaded, AX Trisorbegan, and DTHC (To add some aggression to the workouts).

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
realistically though, to maximize your bulk you should be eating to the point where you gain a little fat anyhow. if you aren't gaining fat, then you are likely missing out on muscle gains too...

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
realistically though, to maximize your bulk you should be eating to the point where you gain a little fat anyhow. if you aren't gaining fat, then you are likely missing out on muscle gains too...
my thoughts exactly

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
its just that i sat on my ass for a year stuffing my face with chocolate, so gained a bit of fat on my stomach. I started again at the gym 6 weeks ago, and at first i just did weights and no cardio hoping that the fat would start to go from the exercising but it hasnt budged. I guess ill just have to bulk up for another month or so and then try and burn it off.

thanks for info everyone.

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
its kind of impossible to gain mass, and cut fat. They both go hand in hand. Sorry to say that your dieting was poor hurt you, but since you've started back up again there is a way to gain strength but shred fat. Muscle mass wise and trying to shred fat won't happen.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agreed 100% - you're going to have to live with it.

If you want to minimise fatgain, I'd start by working out early in the AM - good kickstart to your metabolism.

A cheap and cheerful thermo stack would be Caffine-Yohimbe-Geranimine. Dosed twice a day. May need to cycle this 5/2 pw otherwise you build a tolerance quick to the Geranimine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its just that i sat on my ass for a year stuffing my face with chocolate, so gained a bit of fat on my stomach. I started again at the gym 6 weeks ago, and at first i just did weights and no cardio hoping that the fat would start to go from the exercising but it hasnt budged. I guess ill just have to bulk up for another month or so and then try and burn it off.

thanks for info everyone.
well, I mean really, if the fat gained is from over a year, why would you think that in 6 weeks it should be a noticeable change? patience :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
agreed E, but I cant let myself gain fat...haha...guess that is why i never do a true bulk....and prob never will.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i am not aware of any studies that show muscle gains can happen at a faster rate if fat mass is also increased.
your goal should be to minimize or eliminate fat gain while bulking.
keeping your calorie surplus only slightly over maintenance, consuming clean sources of calories, and keeping your workouts intense will accomplish this.
but save the fat burning supplements for when cutting fat is the primary objective.

fieldt76

Awards
all these initials for supps are killing me. I really don't know what a lot of them stand for.