Protein Bars

Packer56

Awards
Hey guys, Im looking for opinions on Protein Bars. What I'm basically looking for is something I can eat pre workout, roughly 45 minutes before my workout to get something in my stomach. There is nothing worse then lifting on an empty stomach.

I'm looking for a bar that is low in carbs and sugars. I am trying to tone/build my muscles while also attempting to burn the extra fat I have which is why I'm trying to stay low on the carbs and sugars. If there is a particular protein bar that someone can recommend that satisfies these parameters please share! If possible I'm not looking for a bar that makes you cringe while you eat, you know the kind that is as tough as beef jerky! But, if that is what I must do in order to stay low on the carbs/sugars well then I'll suck it up! Thanks again for everyones time!

Kyle

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
a nice medium bar is labrada's lean body gold bar. its like 330 calories. 8g fat, 30g pro, and 30g carb, 10g sugar. something around those lines. ive had every flavor and they are all good.

eneyman

eneyman

Awards
Hey Packer, alot of people don't like bars that are sold in stores because of the high sugar/carbs/allergies so there are a ton of homemade protein bar recipes threads where you can use all sorts of ingredients and cooking methods (baking, refrigerating). Peanut butter/oats/powder/milk/nuts/fruit whatever and at least you know what's really in them.

oh yes, and I agree Labrada bars are excellent..but pricy.