Is this even possible?

zieglmv9

zieglmv9

Awards
Hi all, This week in my highschool weight lifting class we are being tested to see what our max weight is for one rep. I have made some HUGE gains since the last time we did this (about three months ago... i think) Last time I benched 185, this week 205!! Last time power clean 180 this time 205! I also set a new personal best and school record in the 40yard dash (4.48)!!!! I am also very closed to tying or breaking some other records.

I recently switched my protein from Muscle Milk, to Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion. Could this be the reason for my massive week??

I have been taking Fast Twitch on and off for a few months now. The last two weeks I have been taking it more regularly. (for thoes of you who are unfamiliar with Fast Twitch: it has no caffeine, and no creatine... kind of... what it has is creatine GCC which is Cytosports special mix that promotes creatine production without acutally adding a creatine supp.) I don't notice any 'pumps' with Fast Twitch but I do find myself doing more sets and getting more done while in the Gym. Could this have caused such great gains?

I am not complaining, I just want to know why i had such huge gains (maybe it was just my time for a big week). Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :-D

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
I think its just natural progression lol...

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I usually associate good strength gains with switching up a training routine or diet, not a miracle supplement change. Although, I do like Gaspari supps.

How long have you trained?

charley

charley

Awards
zieglmv9...........................good work dude.........my advice[because your 6.2 at 158lbs.]......eat... eat... eat........................then eat some more......

Will Wagner

Awards
Your forty is probly off a little. I take it the coaches just stood there and started it when you moved right? But either way good work.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you suppose it's from training for 3 months?

mw525

mw525

Awards
Fast twitch has caffine broskiiii..200 mg look at the last ingriedient of the propreitary blend.. its hidden buts it there

mw525

mw525

Awards
and kre alkalyn... cytos sports special buffered creatine lol

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
What flavor are you taking?

If Lemonade, your fine. No caffeine included. Grape and Fruit Punch, however, do.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thats not too bad, but I really think you could go up quite a bit more and faster if you used a program like bill star 5x5 routine.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
You are young, and still developing. Your hormones are insane right now which is why in 3 months you can make nice strides in all aspects of fitness. This is what happens when you are young and train. That's it. The supplements aren't doing anything more than eating more chicken or drinking coffee.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
lol fast twitch has 200mg caffience per scoop! if ur doing 2 to 2.5 like me ur caffiene intake is threw the roof.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^x2. Such gains are easily made in 3 months, especially at your age.
Got that right, those gains are not even that crazy at all, with the right kind of supervision you could have tripled them in that time frame.

zieglmv9

zieglmv9

Awards
Thanks for all the input!! To answer a few of your questions:

1.my 'Lightning Lemonade' fast twitch IS caffeine free.
2.I have been training HARD for about 4 months (training steady for past 2yrs).
3.I have been using something simlar to a 5X5 routine; my school uses BFS weight lifting software, reps range from 5,3,1 to 10,8,6.
3. I am no longer 158lbs... im 163!! lol

Does any one know anything about kre alkalyn (other than what Cyto. has published)?

About an hour after I posted this last night I remembered that It could be a track clinic that I am in, however it is only two nights a week(8 weeks), its just core-strenth workouts with free weights. So I bet that is playing a part too. :-D

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good job bro. Don't let everyone who is telling you that your strength increase isn't that big of a deal get to you. Keep it up and in the next 3 months your lifts will be even better. Keep up the good work.

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
in 8th grade i went from benching 135lbs. to 200lbs. from november to april. this gave me some sick stretch marks on my upper pecs and shoulders. I didn't take anything except for powerade blue powder because i thought it gave me more energy and it tasted like pixie-stix without water added. teenagers hit random growth spurts which adds growth hormone to the mix plus testosterone is through the roof. Going through puberty is better than roids. lol.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good job bro. Don't let everyone who is telling you that your strength increase isn't that big of a deal get to you. Keep it up and in the next 3 months your lifts will be even better. Keep up the good work.
Yah didn't want to belittle the fact that the guy is training and making progress, that's always a good thing. The post was about what is possible and I just wanted to let him know what is possible at his age withoug supplementation. Hey your out there doing it, that's a lot more than most can say at your age.