Looking for a Post-Work Out Supplement
- 02-18-2009, 07:22 PM
- 02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
02-18-2009, 07:46 PM
I would say just make your own protein shake. Blend up some skim milk, ground oats, protein powder + more carbs if you wish (You can buy your own dextrose, WMS, etc if you wish). It's healthier that way, you're getting less of their empty-calorie sugars.
02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
1.5 scoops whey
500ml milk (or water)
or you could just have a liter of whole milk
quick, easy to make and effective
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
All of the guys above are correct. You could also look in bulk BCAA for immediately after your workout and some Golden Finish by Controlled Labs and Torrent by Universal Nutrition.
02-18-2009, 08:17 PM
02-18-2009, 08:17 PM
If you are looking to create your own, my personal favorite is
1 scoop WMS + 1.5 scoops WPI. Mix a little water and grow
However, if you want a premade, Torrent is a very solid bet with a lot of reviews to back it up
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM
no supp for food
beef 85% lean 15% fat! oooo yah baby!
i have an 8oz patty cookd and i eat it or mi shake wich ever is more convient
02-18-2009, 08:44 PM
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Why do most people stick to banana's thrown into their post workout shake? I prefer a bunch of strawberries and/or raspberries. Just curious.
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
02-18-2009, 10:28 PM
02-18-2009, 11:52 PM
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
02-19-2009, 12:59 AM
02-19-2009, 03:41 AM
IMO: Torrent is the most comprehensive post wo supplement. (expensive though)
my mix on a budget:
25g ATW isolate protein
5g creatine mono
if you're really looking to bulk then some blended oats would be a great addtion too
this can be kinda bland, but it covers the bases.
02-19-2009, 04:54 AM
02-19-2009, 07:36 AM
02-19-2009, 07:53 AM
golden finish by controlled labs and torrent by universal are two good choices and in europe reflex nutrition growth matrix is good too
02-19-2009, 08:16 AM
02-19-2009, 10:03 AM
02-19-2009, 11:04 PM
02-19-2009, 11:37 PM
02-20-2009, 08:21 AM
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/m....html?sel=1728 . They are giving muscletech a run for their moneyIf it tastes good, works and is convenient, enjoy To each his own."WaxiMAX™-C3G Low Viscosity High Molecular Weight Osmotic Waxy Maize Starch With Molecular Dispersion Technology"
"Microencapsulated Sustained Release Creatine Monohydrate"
12-10-2009, 02:32 AM
I like shakeology from beachbody... its the p90x company. They talk about it at ***********so i figured i would try some and its the ish.
12-10-2009, 02:38 AM
I have alwayz liked Dark Matter blue raz, and followed an hour later with Up your mass weight gainer with half anf half with almond butter for my protien shake
12-10-2009, 03:15 AM
12-10-2009, 03:21 AM
- Protein/Dextrose/Creatine works well.
- Protein/Creatine and a Banana is my preference. I'd rather have some fruit post workout. I am thinking about throwing some blue berries in the mix.
- The only post workout supplement I have bought was CMI BIG. This stuff also relaxes your body and is great before a nap or bed time.
12-10-2009, 07:29 AM
12-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By wiseguy15 in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 3Last Post: 03-31-2011, 06:55 PM
- By dhuge67 in forum SupplementsReplies: 40Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
- By jdboucher in forum SupplementsReplies: 47Last Post: 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
- By cheezscott in forum SupplementsReplies: 21Last Post: 09-27-2008, 05:14 PM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-10-2008, 04:01 PM