Looking for a Post-Work Out Supplement

jdboucher

Awards
So I'm looking at a few. Here they are:

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion
MHP Dark Matter
Maximum Human Performance Up Your Mass

My goal is to gain the most amount of muscle and strength. What do you think? Any other supplement recommendations are gladly accepted.

fernalfers

Awards
Any good protein powder is great for post workout.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say just make your own protein shake. Blend up some skim milk, ground oats, protein powder + more carbs if you wish (You can buy your own dextrose, WMS, etc if you wish). It's healthier that way, you're getting less of their empty-calorie sugars.

purebred

adjust accordingly:

1.5 scoops whey
500ml milk (or water)
quick oats
banana (optional)

or you could just have a liter of whole milk :)

quick, easy to make and effective

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
All of the guys above are correct. You could also look in bulk BCAA for immediately after your workout and some Golden Finish by Controlled Labs and Torrent by Universal Nutrition.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
just like everybody else said. Whey protien, oats, bannana

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are looking to create your own, my personal favorite is

1 scoop WMS + 1.5 scoops WPI. Mix a little water and grow :)

However, if you want a premade, Torrent is a very solid bet with a lot of reviews to back it up

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
no supp for food
beef 85% lean 15% fat! oooo yah baby!
i have an 8oz patty cookd and i eat it or mi shake wich ever is more convient

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
gaspari is good, but ditto to all the other fellas who posted.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Why do most people stick to banana's thrown into their post workout shake? I prefer a bunch of strawberries and/or raspberries. Just curious.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do most people stick to banana's thrown into their post workout shake? I prefer a bunch of strawberries and/or raspberries. Just curious.
I think they're a bit more bland/standard. They also like the potassium boost. I use 1c. of berries in my pre and post-WO porridge. I used them in shakes, add some berry yogurt, milk, and it's a treat. Never found a berry protein I liked too much, but you can always go with vanilla still.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
I think they're a bit more bland/standard. They also like the potassium boost. I use 1c. of berries in my pre and post-WO porridge. I used them in shakes, add some berry yogurt, milk, and it's a treat. Never found a berry protein I liked too much, but you can always go with vanilla still.

So, flavor and potassium?
I love Strawberries in my post-workout shake...I'll use banana's every once in a while, but I'd much rather have Strawberries....

If there's any other opinions or science behind it, please continue.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
I love Strawberries in my post-workout shake...I'll use banana's every once in a while, but I'd much rather have Strawberries....

put both in man there good together

purebred

put both in man there good together
fruits in general are a common choice pwo, particularly due to their vitamin & mineral content and they can also provide a flavor boost to what might be a dull and dreadful shake. Lord knows plenty of us have encountered those kinds of shakes! :suspect:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMO: Torrent is the most comprehensive post wo supplement. (expensive though)

my mix on a budget:
25g ATW isolate protein
35g WMS
5g creatine mono

if you're really looking to bulk then some blended oats would be a great addtion too

this can be kinda bland, but it covers the bases.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Green/unripe bananas contain more dextrose (Faster carb) than ripened bananas (Which are richer in sucrose) so you will hear about some guys eating green bananas. I personally freeze mine right when I buy them (Green). You can't taste the sour/unripe taste once it's blended up IMO.

Sion

Sion

Awards
golden finish by controlled labs and torrent by universal are two good choices and in europe reflex nutrition growth matrix is good too

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established

my mix on a budget:
25g ATW isolate protein
35g WMS
5g creatine mono

if you're really looking to bulk then some blended oats would be a great addtion too

I agree...torrent is a solid PWO product and it taste like candy...so its kinda like a treat after every workout..if youve got some extra funds lying around...give it a try

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
i have a friend that swears by After Shock. I never took it myself though

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established
Dark matter has been working well for me. It realy helps with recovery to.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dark matter has been working well for me. It realy helps with recovery to.
I just finished reading the write-up http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/mhp/dark-matter-2-6-lb.html?sel=1728 . They are giving muscletech a run for their money :)
"WaxiMAX™-C3G Low Viscosity High Molecular Weight Osmotic Waxy Maize Starch With Molecular Dispersion Technology"
"Microencapsulated Sustained Release Creatine Monohydrate"
If it tastes good, works and is convenient, enjoy :) To each his own.

shortstop1616

Awards
I like shakeology from beachbody... its the p90x company. They talk about it at ***********so i figured i would try some and its the ish.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
I have alwayz liked Dark Matter blue raz, and followed an hour later with Up your mass weight gainer with half anf half with almond butter for my protien shake

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
- Protein/Dextrose/Creatine works well.

- Protein/Creatine and a Banana is my preference. I'd rather have some fruit post workout. I am thinking about throwing some blue berries in the mix.

- The only post workout supplement I have bought was CMI BIG. This stuff also relaxes your body and is great before a nap or bed time.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whey
2 raw eggs
ground-oats
frozen blueberries
spirulina

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
All of the guys above are correct. You could also look in bulk BCAA for immediately after your workout and some Golden Finish by Controlled Labs and Torrent by Universal Nutrition.

my mix on a budget:
25g ATW isolate protein
35g WMS
5g creatine mono

golden finish by controlled labs and torrent by universal are two good choices and in europe reflex nutrition growth matrix is good too
I agree...torrent is a solid PWO product and it taste like candy...so its kinda like a treat after every workout..if youve got some extra funds lying around...give it a try
Torrent is an awesome formula, feel free to compare it to others you get:

20 grams of high quality hydro whey
8 grams of leucine
7 grams of cell volumizers
3 grams of creatine
a great carb blend

All in a great tasting formula.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Torrent I have tried it and works real real good!
Recon ( MUscle pharm) I have not tried it but it looks great!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Golden gains is great. Protein, whole grain carbs, whopping serving of fruits and veggies, and great taste.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I personally take and love STORM with some whey protein and a whole wheat bagel soon after.

Illilian

Illilian

Awards
Golden gains is great. Protein, whole grain carbs, whopping serving of fruits and veggies, and great taste.
x2 on that, especially with all the fruits and veggies.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its only 5g fruits and veggies, 4 times per week maybe you guys really feel its worth the cost?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think bananas are more sugary, which may be good or bad, depending on your fitness goals.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You guys are all pretty close with a great recovery formula using the whey isolate and banana.
Add:
1 tablespoon greens powder
1/4tsp celtic sea salt

And you WILL see even better results! The greens balance out your pH, improve digestion, reduce oxidative stress/free radicals etc. The celtic salt will replenish sodium levels without water retention, also a source of potassium and magnesium, and the iodine is good for the thyroid. And dont forget to drink those BCAA's pre and during workout!

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
On a budget, the best PWO I've found is just some fat-free chocolate milk, otherwise i've liked torrent, and I'm logging Recon and liking it.

Illilian

Illilian

Awards
its only 5g fruits and veggies, 4 times per week maybe you guys really feel its worth the cost?
Actually, Golden Gains is a premium supplement and in each serving of Golden gains is the equivalent of 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies.