Lab Testing a food

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Without divulging too much meaningless crap, where can I send in a sample of FOOD I eat regularly to evaluate the product's macro's numbers are correct?

Odd thread I know but I ned to do this.

Please. Respectfully, I am not looking for childish remarks - just some help with a correct answer.

Thanks

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you can figure that out without a lab bro.
No you can't. There's really no way of telling this without sending it out to a lab. How do we know the label/nutritional panel is correct without getting it tested? Most of the time we just assume it's correct (and most of the time it is).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ChefDeez is correct.

I believe Power Butter had an issue about four years back when it tested out to have more grams of fat than the label stated...and I want to say it had fewer grams of protien than the label stated too!

briancogs888

Awards
If you knew your chemistry and had access to some lab instruments you could figure it out. Its been a while since I've done this kind of thing, but a simple styrofoam calorimeter would get you the cals. Then maybe some soluability rules and a centrifuge and you could get a rough idea of the breakdown. Maybe see if a university has some chem classes that need some extra credit, they could do it. How trustworthy they are idk. haha

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again, not looking for arguments or to negotiate if I "want to" as I am "going to"; I just need help finding a place that tests.

Anyone? Thanks

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

briancogs888

Awards
Ah sweet! Thanks for posting it. Sorry you had to pretty much do it all yourself, kinda defeated the purpose of creating the forum.