fish oil and fish?

1. fish oil and fish?

I was just think can I open up like 2 or 3 fish oil gels and use it to fry my fish a lil better?

2. I don't see why you couldn't do that.

Personally, I would just use olive oil or cooking spray.

3. Unnecessary. Olive oil would be great >> oleic acid is also very healthy, and by opening those fish oil caps, you will create a mess and waiste your time.

However, if you have a liquid Fish Oil formulation, that would work the best.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by stefang View Post
    Unnecessary. Olive oil would be great >> oleic acid is also very healthy, and by opening those fish oil caps, you will create a mess and waiste your time.

However, if you have a liquid Fish Oil formulation, that would work the best.

The oleic acid is good. If you've ever tried liquid fish oil you know the taste isnt exactly enjoyable, i'd imagine frying with it wouldnt be better. To be honest never really thought of trying that though, good post OP

5. I would just use EVOO...opening gel caps sounds like too much of a hassle...

6. I would just use coconut oil Ideal oil for cooking since its mostly sat fats, so even at high temperatures it wont convert into any harmful byproducts.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I would just use coconut oil Ideal oil for cooking since its mostly sat fats, so even at high temperatures it wont convert into any harmful byproducts.
    Neat idea!

8. Quote Originally Posted by MHA View Post
    I was just think can I open up like 2 or 3 fish oil gels and use it to fry my fish a lil better?
    Doesnt sound like it would taste good, at all.

9. By the way fish oil gels smell ... I would NOT want those puppies to break open, lol.

10. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    By the way fish oil gels smell ... I would NOT want those puppies to break open, lol.
    Agreed!

Ever had "fish burps"? yeah doesnt sound appealing coating a whole meal... lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by elementrip View Post
    Agreed!

Ever had "fish burps"? yeah doesnt sound appealing coating a whole meal... lol
    That's true...I'd rather boil my fish in taint sweat.

12. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    That's true...I'd rather boil my fish in taint sweat.
    Nice way of putting that!

13. Fish oils contain a lot of polyunsaturated fats which are easily oxidized. Olive oil, like someone said, is mostly oleic acid which is monounsaturated and is much harder to oxidize. Coconut oil, which is roughly 92% saturated fat, would virtually not oxidize, however it is a saturated fat. The biproducts that occur from this oxidation are free radicals. I would stick with olive oil.

Similar Forum Threads

1. controlled labs new fish oil and fish burps big time
    By benjiman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 02:15 PM
  2. When to take Fish Oil
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 10:32 AM
  3. FISH OIL AND VIT E
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4