fish oil and fish? - AnabolicMinds.com

fish oil and fish?

  1. MHA
    MHA is offline
    New Member
    MHA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    220

    Reputation

    fish oil and fish?


    I was just think can I open up like 2 or 3 fish oil gels and use it to fry my fish a lil better?


  2. New Member
    pfafkl13's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    I don't see why you couldn't do that.

    Personally, I would just use olive oil or cooking spray.
  3. New Member
    stefang's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    149

    Reputation

    Unnecessary. Olive oil would be great >> oleic acid is also very healthy, and by opening those fish oil caps, you will create a mess and waiste your time.

    However, if you have a liquid Fish Oil formulation, that would work the best.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    297

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stefang View Post
    Unnecessary. Olive oil would be great >> oleic acid is also very healthy, and by opening those fish oil caps, you will create a mess and waiste your time.

    However, if you have a liquid Fish Oil formulation, that would work the best.

    The oleic acid is good. If you've ever tried liquid fish oil you know the taste isnt exactly enjoyable, i'd imagine frying with it wouldnt be better. To be honest never really thought of trying that though, good post OP
  5. Senior Member
    SoCo4Fun's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    585

    Reputation

    I would just use EVOO...opening gel caps sounds like too much of a hassle...
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41243

    Reputation

    I would just use coconut oil Ideal oil for cooking since its mostly sat fats, so even at high temperatures it wont convert into any harmful byproducts.
  7. New Member
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    297

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I would just use coconut oil Ideal oil for cooking since its mostly sat fats, so even at high temperatures it wont convert into any harmful byproducts.
    Neat idea!
  8. Senior Member
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1286

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MHA View Post
    I was just think can I open up like 2 or 3 fish oil gels and use it to fry my fish a lil better?
    Doesnt sound like it would taste good, at all.
  9. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    By the way fish oil gels smell ... I would NOT want those puppies to break open, lol.
  10. New Member
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    297

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    By the way fish oil gels smell ... I would NOT want those puppies to break open, lol.
    Agreed!

    Ever had "fish burps"? yeah doesnt sound appealing coating a whole meal... lol
  11. Senior Member
    SoCo4Fun's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    585

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by elementrip View Post
    Agreed!

    Ever had "fish burps"? yeah doesnt sound appealing coating a whole meal... lol
    That's true...I'd rather boil my fish in taint sweat.
  12. New Member
    elementrip's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    297

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    That's true...I'd rather boil my fish in taint sweat.
    Nice way of putting that!
  13. New Member
    briancogs888's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    113

    Reputation

    Fish oils contain a lot of polyunsaturated fats which are easily oxidized. Olive oil, like someone said, is mostly oleic acid which is monounsaturated and is much harder to oxidize. Coconut oil, which is roughly 92% saturated fat, would virtually not oxidize, however it is a saturated fat. The biproducts that occur from this oxidation are free radicals. I would stick with olive oil.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. controlled labs new fish oil and fish burps big time
    By benjiman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 01:15 PM
  2. When to take Fish Oil
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 09:32 AM
  3. FISH OIL AND VIT E
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
  4. Fish oil
    By Zombie Inc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 04:18 PM
  5. Fish Supplements Fish Supplements Are Not All Equal
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in