Energy Level

asavage24

Awards
I seem to have very little energy/motivation for my workouts. im taking anabolic pump and recreate but just not seeing the results that i should do to low energy. what kind of pre workout energizer can i use? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

flex13

Awards
I seem to have very little energy/motivation for my workouts. im taking anabolic pump and recreate but just not seeing the results that i should do to low energy. what kind of pre workout energizer can i use? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First thing i would look at bro is your diet? Hows your carb intake. I was feeling real sluggish a while back in the gym and it was all because of my diet. I had to add in more carbs and soe green and it made a world of a difference!!

After you take a look at your diet supps like RPM is real good and jacked was a decent product also. But especially with ap man you need to make sure ur diet is in check! Hope this helps

asavage24

Awards
My Diet is pretty solid. im trying to lose fat though so im only eating carbs first thing in the morning, preworkout, and postworkout.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Deisels JP8! If that does'nt get you going see a Dr. Seriously,you could have adrenal fatigue,low dopamine levels,low test levels,or thyroid issues.

asavage24

Awards
i suppose thats a possibility... im gonna go lift in an hour or so. i just finished my preworkout meal. ill probably grab a redbull for preworkout to see if that helps.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd hit a local vitamin shoppe and ask what preworkouts they have samples of. RPM is great for energy, there are plenty of others as well though. you can request a sample by PMing alysonAppNut and asking her for some

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
Get the Geranium caps from Nutraplanet. take 1 (2 if you want to feel like a crack head) caps, open them up and mix with a few ounces of water, and add something strong to mask the taste (crystal light, Xtend) or add it to your existing pre-workout beverage, if you use one. I also take a 200mg caffeine pill, but that is personal preference. Believe me when I say this, this will be the best workout of your life. If you want some energy, focus, motivation to get your butt off the couch and into the weight room.... then try this. for real. I use it all the time when I need that boost after a long day of classes.

asavage24

Awards
I do like making my own pre-workout drink but i think i might try something like no explode, or super pump 250 for the convenience factor. not to mention they're fun to take because of the crazy focus and incredible pumps. any suggestions?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Deisels JP8! If that does'nt get you going see a Dr. Seriously,you could have adrenal fatigue,low dopamine levels,low test levels,or thyroid issues.
you should take this advice seriously. if you have a history of heavy stimulant use, this is very possible and is no joke. recovery takes quite a while.

i would first suggest taking a week off or so and see if energy levels improve. if you are on the road to adrenal burnout, things like gernaium and ephedra will just dig you into a deeper hole.

asavage24

Awards
It definitely wouldnt hurt to check... but i dont use stims very often. only when studying and occasionally pre-workout

asavage24

Awards
i actually had coffee last night to aid in the late night study session. not too bad of an idea. great focus...
i should probably clarify for all those who think that there is something medically wrong with me that im about 98% positive there isnt. its not like im lethargic or cant function properly during the day. i think its simply that im tired as balls by the end of the day which is the only time i have avbailable to lift and am simply needing something to pick my sluggish self up.
so i suppose ill probably just try some different products out there (red bull, no explode, crack, etc....) and see what works best. if anyone has any good advice or input on some pre-workout beverage i can slam down after class and before my workout please feel free to elaborate.

p.s. to all the M.D.s reading this i promise to get checked out

purebred

how much sleep are do you normally get? this could also be a factor we're all overlooking...

asavage24

Awards
i usually get 8-9 hours every night. sometimes even more on weekends. plus the occasional nap if i can fit it in.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Is there any way you can train in the am,, before classes, work, whatever?

asavage24

Awards
i probably could. but i never have good a.m. workouts. my body peaks around 3-5 p.m. but i dont normally get done with class till after and then i have to slam a preworkout meal in and wait a good hour or two till i can lift.... maybe im just lazy and dont like lifting anymore. haha. i drank a red bull on my way to the gym yesterday and slaughtered the weights. is it bad though to be consuming caffeine and/or other stims on top of all the other crap that im taking.

Current supps:
Anabolic pump (3/day)
Recreate (4/day)
NP Fish oil (8/ day)
NP CLA (8/day)
Sesamin oil (1 tsp/day)
NP Green tea (3/day)
NP ALCAR (3/day)
EAS 100% whey
EAS Creatine mono
Waxymaize
Multi vitamin

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I frequently have shift work, and when I have to train early mornin', I wake up have a banana, oats, and coffee,.. I have to warm up a bit more, but am usually able to have a good to great workout. It sets the tone for the rest of the day,.. I don't like the redbull and monster stuff, I really feel a crash with them,.. but everybody is different!

flex13

Awards
i probably could. but i never have good a.m. workouts. my body peaks around 3-5 p.m. but i dont normally get done with class till after and then i have to slam a preworkout meal in and wait a good hour or two till i can lift.... maybe im just lazy and dont like lifting anymore. haha. i drank a red bull on my way to the gym yesterday and slaughtered the weights. is it bad though to be consuming caffeine and/or other stims on top of all the other crap that im taking.

Current supps:
Anabolic pump (3/day)
Recreate (4/day)
NP Fish oil (8/ day)
NP CLA (8/day)
Sesamin oil (1 tsp/day)
NP Green tea (3/day)
NP ALCAR (3/day)
EAS 100% whey
EAS Creatine mono
Waxymaize
Multi vitamin

In my opinion u shouldnt be feeling that sluggish with the supps u are taking especially with the ap and recreate. I know u may not take it too seriously bro but i would honestly take a harder look at ur diet. I know i said this once but u need to be eating the proper food if your staying active all day!

asavage24

Awards
ya im gonna up my carbs a little pre-workout and see if that helps. if that doesnt work ill probably try switching to a.m. workouts.....

p.s. i just got back from doing a little p.m. cardio. i could definitely feel the recreate working. made cardio a breeze. now only if it did the same for lifting i would be in great shape

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are taking AP then you should definitely have the carbs up. Then just stick to stims pre w/o days only. The recreate has caffiene in it so that can take care of you on non w/o days.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks
I would say that you're not eating ENOUGH or getting in the RIGHT fuel. Regardless of whether you are trying to lose fat or not, carbohydrates (CHO) will NOT hinder your progress, and you can have them MORE than at the times you stipulated, ESPECIALLY if you train in the evening!

As others have mentioned, products like Anabolic Pump REQUIRE high amounts of CHO to be the most effective. And taking what you are there is no way that you should be feeling the way you do!

There could be numerous reasons why:
* Not eating enough (even as a male you DON'T need to be excessively LOW with your calories for fat loss; and you shouldn't stay on low calories all the time, but chuck in 1-2 cheat days a week to get the metabolism going);
* Not eating the RIGHT food when (i.e. when people say that their diet is "solid" or "right" very often it is NOT);
* Overtraining (i.e. not giving your body breaks or training too hard too soon; you should have a break from resistance training (or a whole week completely OFF) every 8-12 weeks);
* Not enough recovery (i.e. not giving your body time to recover, especially if low calories);
* Adrenal fatigue (and this affects not just energy levels and is very serious)...The list goes on, but flex13 was right; it most probably has to do with DIET.

And having low energy is DIFFERENT from having low MOTIVATION. If you're unmotivated (something that may happen when results are not being made and you're training hard) I recommend taking a week off and seeing how that affects your mind.

If this does not resolve, then look at seeing a medical professional.