Creatine + Sugar?

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I ended up ordering some plain creatine powder because it was cheap. When I was looking at different ones though I noticed that the pre-mixed ones like Phosphagen HP by EAS, CellMass by BSN and others like that had sugar in them. Also I've heard that you are supposed to drink the plain creatine powder with juice. Soooo....is the sugar necessary for the creatine to be absorbed efficiently? Also, if you are on a low carb cut, would the 33 grams of carbs go toward post workout and be beneficial in lean mass and cut carbs elsewere? What ya think?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
is it creatine monohydrate? or what kinda creatine

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
The creatine in the Phosphagen HP is monohydrate and the type in CellMass was the CEE.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I believe the sugar elicits a spike in insulin levels, which creatine uses as a pathway for storage into the muscles.

That is a very basic, "in a nutshell" way of putting it, but that is essentially what is going on.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
drinking with juice as in non-acidic juice...acidic juice speeds conversion to creatinine.

CEE does not need insulin (one reason for the lower doses) where as mono does to enter muscle cells.

move carbs pre w/o

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
even with mono, the insulin spike isn't 100% necessary. if you just mix it with grape juice, you'll get enough carbs from the juice to not need any more sugar