Hairloss Question

BigJack87

Awards
Sup fella's? Just registered, this is my first post. :wave2:

I'll get right to the point though. My buddy took a test booster last month and saw a nice little increase in strength. Bench is the only core lift that he does (no deadlift, squats, rows etc.) and it went from 155x5 to 175x8. So I decided to give it a shot. I'm about half way through the bottle and so far I've seen the same results as him. but yesterday I noticed after rubbing my hand through my hair that a few hairs had stuck to my hand. So just to see, I lightly grasped a handful of hair and pulled (not hard at all), and about a dozen or so hairs came out. I know test isnt notorious for hairloss but is it possible that increased test for a short period of time could cause irreversible hairloss?

Note: My hair has always been thick and hair loss does not run in my family. Even all my GREAT grandparents have pretty much a full head of hair.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
What was the name of the test booster? im honestly not sure whether test boosters can cause hairloss, but that is a lot of strength increase for a month.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Most likely not irreversible hairloss but anything that increases test will also increase DHT thus causing some hairloss, possibly, but to be more sure of whats going on you are going to need to tell us what you are taking exactly, which should have been included in your post. So post back with the product you are taking and the ingredients, at least the product.

BigJack87

Awards
My bad guys, knew I forgot something.

It's androbolix by biorythm.

Serving size: 4 caps Servings: 30

Amount per serving
Triple Spectrum Tribulus Stack... 1710mg
(10% protodioscin/ 40% Saponins)
(20% protodioscin/ 60% Saponins)
(40% protodioscin/ 80% Saponins)
Total protodioscin... 224mg
Total saponins... 788mg
4-etioallocholen-3,6,17-trione... 300mg
6,7,-dyhydroxybergamottin (DHB)... 200mg

Something thats puzzled me from day 1 is the percentages of the protodioscins and saponins, like the first line, 10% protodioscin/ 40% saponins... that leaves 50% of w.e unaccounted for.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
4-etioallocholen-3,6,17-trione = 6-OXO, its an aromatase inhibitor (blocks estrogen)
6,7,-dyhydroxybergamottin (DHB) is a citrus bioflavnoid that helps make 6-OXO more bioavailable by preventing it from being broken down in the liver right away, it blocks something called cytochrome P450. For the Trib its just 3 diff types, the more protodioscin the better, thats the good stuff.

So basically its:
Trib - increases LH
6-OXO - blocks estrogen
DHB - increase potency of 6-OXO

Its not AAS or a PH so you shouldnt cause any irreversible damage/hairloss. But this will increase your testosterone which in turn will create more DHT, the cause for male pattern baldness. Its not gonna be permanent and you could take some B-sitosterol or something to block the DHT. Toco-8 is a good product for that and may increase test somewhat as well.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
go to walmart and buy nizoral.if in canda buy 2 % nizoral. only 1 % is in usa with a prescription at wal mart

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
go to walmart and buy nizoral.if in canda buy 2 % nizoral. only 1 % is in usa with a prescription at wal mart
you meant to say, you can buy nizoral 1% only in the US.
If you bring a script to walmart pharmacy, they'll give you the 2%.

Go to your doctor and ask for a script. Ketoconozole 2% is fairly cheap. The generic cost me I think 15 bucks for 2 bottles. Without insurance I still think it's under 20 bucks for two bottles.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you meant to say, you can buy nizoral 1% only in the US.
If you bring a script to walmart pharmacy, they'll give you the 2%.

Go to your doctor and ask for a script. Ketoconozole 2% is fairly cheap. The generic cost me I think 15 bucks for 2 bottles. Without insurance I still think it's under 20 bucks for two bottles.
thats what i said 1 % in usa only. 2 % in canada..or doctors prescription ive had a dr;s prexxcription for 2 % since 2006

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
it's normal for someone to shed between 40 and 100 hairs per day.... any chance you are just extra sensitive to seeing hairs because you are on a test booster?

as above though increased test = increased DHT and that will slightly accelerate any tendancy for mpb.

BigJack87

Awards
it's normal for someone to shed between 40 and 100 hairs per day.... any chance you are just extra sensitive to seeing hairs because you are on a test booster?
lol maybe, It's not so bad I'd stop taking it though. Alot of people say theres nothing to a test booster unless your 30-40 years old but I like the way this stuff feels. No real size gains so far, but plenty of strength. At some point in the not to distant future I want to do a PH cycle, just have more research and whatnot to do, Better safe than sorry.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
lol maybe, It's not so bad I'd stop taking it though. Alot of people say theres nothing to a test booster unless your 30-40 years old but I like the way this stuff feels. No real size gains so far, but plenty of strength. At some point in the not to distant future I want to do a PH cycle, just have more research and whatnot to do, Better safe than sorry.
Hell yeah def wait until you have all the knowledge you can get. Make as much gains as possible before hand. Good luck bro!!

lbond2

lbond2

Awards
You want to watch out blocking DHT when trying to gain weight...DHT is one of the main inhibitors to gain solid mass...basicaly if you block DHT you are contradicting youself and you might as well not take any suplements at all. You only want to block DHT in the scalp, not through a oral medication. There are some good sugestions on what to take just do some research on DHT blocking shampoo or go to the doctor. If you realy want to take a oral remedy try saw plamento (herbal suplement found at GNC or wal-mart) this naturaly block DHT.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
you want to watch out blocking DHT when trying to gain weight...DHT is one of the main inhibitors to gain solid mass...basicaly if you block DHT you are contradicting youself and you might as well not take any suplements at all.
That doesnt make sense. You say not to block DHT when trying to gain mass, and in the next statement you say it is an important inhibitor in mass addition.

Also, I have not seen alot of significant weight gain on DHT. It seems to play more of a role on hardening muscle tissue.

lbond2

lbond2

Awards
Yea your right...I did not make much sence there. my point is you do not want to block DHT in the body, just on the scalp itself. If you block DHT in your system you might as well not even take a PH, it just counterbalances itself.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Really over-reacting.

There is little evidence that Tribulus increases test.

Same as most test booster compounds (non-AI) in lab rats given IP or IV it increases test, in humans it doesn't. Tribulus has been alleged to cause gyno. but that could be guys doing steriods and not admitting it to the physician and using Tribulus as the cover story.

I don't think 6-OXO or Tribulus would be strong enough to cause large levels of DHT to result in hairloss. Prime USPlabs Tribulus extract has been demonstrated to increase strength but has had any impact on hormonal levels.

Its not bad exactly, for the guys that end up on this board having started a ph find their in trouble and haven't any PCT in place ... 'Hey Tribulus is causing me gyno/hair loss!'

Please see the PCT forum for the sticky on hairloss. Excellent thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 1
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 18
General Chat 1