Anabolic Pump Vs. R-Ala

Billd82

Billd82

Banned
Awards
Which is better?? They are both supposed to transport carbs into your muscles...which do you recommend??

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend R-Ala and maybe add up some chromium picolinate in there.

Few reasons for it:
Cheaper
You can consume more and without all the "exactly 15 minutes before a 37.6g of carb containing meal"
Didn't give me massive dumps like AP did.

But that's just me.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lol.... AP is way better than R-ALA. A few reasons:

-AP works better than R-ALA
-It increases AMPk which causes fat loss

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend Na-r-ala. It's improved performance is worth the increased cost, it's not something that can be mimicked by simply increasing the dose of regular r-ala.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried them and liked them both. I find my body gets accustomed to AP/PSlin if I take it too long (Respite the write-up claiming "Your Receptors Will Never Down-Regulate - So As Long As You Take Anabolic-Pump™ You Will Continue To Build Lean, Dense Muscle And Torch Disgusting Blubber. ")

Just my personal experience, but I would pick up the SixPack Stack this weekend, then after you run out use the http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/na-rala-capsules-90-caps.html . They're OOS right now, we do have the bulk powder too though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can they be used together, and if so, what kind of synergy would they have?

I have some AP on hand as well as an older RALA product that I have yet to figure out when to use.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Reference?

I thought AMPk only increased in response to decreased energy stores (ATP). In other words, in order to increase AMPk, you must deplete ATP. And this only works for so long, until adaptation occurs. Then one must increase the intensity in order to continue depleting ATP.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can they be used together, and if so, what kind of synergy would they have?

I have some AP on hand as well as an older RALA product that I have yet to figure out when to use.
Yup, you can safely stack them together. It will have a stronger effect than either alone of course, so you might want to up the carbs a little (Or keep them the same and have even less chance of them being stored as fat )

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought AMPk only increased in response to decreased energy stores (ATP). In other words, in order to increase AMPk, you must deplete ATP. And this only works for so long, until adaptation occurs. Then one must increase the intensity in order to continue depleting ATP.
AMPK activation (either due to insulin sensitizers, insulin-independent glucose-disposal agents, PPAR-gamma activators, adipokines such as leptin and adiponectin, stress, or exercise), has short term and long(er) term effects. Short-term, AMPK activation stimulates cells to switch from active ATP consumption (synthesis of fatty acids and glycerol) to active ATP production (oxidation of fatty acids and glucose). Longer-term, AMPK activation impacts protein and insulin syntheses, gene expression, and appetite regulation. These longer-term effects not only have significance for metabolic processes in muscle cells and adipose tissue, but also in liver, heart, and pancreatic cells. The fat loss effects can be traced to the impact of AMPK activation on insulin metabolism and oxidation of fatty acids. In particular, by stimulating the translocation the GLUT-1 and GLUT-4 proteins, AMPK activation enhances glucose uptake, leading to enhanced glycolysis and elevated ATP production. Furthermore, by inhibiting the action of the enzyme, hormone sensitive lipase (HSL), AMPK activation ensures that the HSL-induced rate of release of fatty acids from triglycerides (that would normally induce higher ATP levels due to oxidized fatty acids) does not exceed the rate of fatty acid oxidation. This serves to hinder fat accumulation. Along these lines, the impact of AMPK activation on peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR-gamma), a receptor with primarily adipocyte domicile and activity, leads to increased insulin sensitivity and fatty-acid oxidation in hepatic and skeletal muscle cells. This occurs mainly via the action of the adipokine, adiponectin, that triggers glucose uptake and fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle cells, while promoting fatty acid oxidation and inhibiting gluconeogenesis in hepatic cells. In summary, AMPK activation can produce beneficial effects on fat loss via some of the mechanisms addressed earlier.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
lol.... AP is way better than R-ALA. A few reasons:

-AP works better than R-ALA
lol. Yeah.

I thought he asked for opinions. I gave mine. I've used them both, I compared the results and the cost benefit, I gave him my input. How is that a reason for a "laugh"? And then to follow up with a reason "It works better".

Not surprising either a rep would find it better, and I won't bash on your opinion, unlike what you tried doing to my take.

So I'll stick to it. As I've used both products I, ME, MYSELF, rather buy NA-RALA again instead of AP. If you want to go for AP that's fine, but I gave my input and it's now out there, but it's a free country and you can do whatever you want with that.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol. Yeah.

I thought he asked for opinions. I gave mine. I've used them both, I compared the results and the cost benefit, I gave him my input. How is that a reason for a "laugh"? And then to follow up with a reason "It works better".

Not surprising either a rep would find it better, and I won't bash on your opinion, unlike what you tried doing to my take.

So I'll stick to it. As I've used both products I, ME, MYSELF, rather buy NA-RALA again instead of AP. If you want to go for AP that's fine, but I gave my input and it's now out there, but it's a free country and you can do whatever you want with that.
I am certain he did not intend to ridicule your opinion in any way.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Maybe not, but I don't see as laugh from my post, or considering one product better than the other, or even asking about it is a laughable mater, I just found it unecessary, no point in thinking it's funny when someone has a different opinion than yours, that was all.