Cissus + X factor/ArA...No go?

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Cissus quadrangularis, a medicinal plant indigenous to Asia and Africa, is used for many ailments, especially for the treatment of hemorrhoid. The effects associated with hemorrhoid, i.e. analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities as well as the venotonic effect of the methanol extract of C. quadrangularis (CQ) were assessed in comparison with reference drugs. In the analgesic test, CQ provoked a significant reduction of the number of writhes in acetic acid-induced writhing response in mice. CQ also significantly reduced the licking time in both phases of the formalin test. The results suggest peripheral and central analgesic activity of CQ. In acute phase of inflammation CQ elicited the inhibitory effect on the edema formation of the rats' ear induced by ethyl phenylpropiolate as well as on the formation of the paw edema in rats induced by both carrageenin and arachidonic acid. It is likely that CQ is a dual inhibitor of arachidonic acid metabolism. In addition, CQ exerted venotonic effect on isolated human umbilical vein similarly to the mixture of bioflavonoids, i.e. 90% diosmin and 10% hesperidin. The results obtained confirmed the traditional use of C. quadrangularis for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with hemorrhoid as well as reducing the size of hemorrhoids.

So cissus is good for your butt...but a possible a very poor stacker with Arachidonic Acid?

dpfisher

Does that mean that it prevents it from absorbing, or prevents it from breaking down once it's in you? I'm not a biologist, but it would sound to me like if it's the second then it would be an even better stack. It would be cool if someone with some knowledge of biology could explain these terms to me.

And now that you mention it I haven't had any hemorrhoid problems since taking cissus.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Does that mean that it prevents it from absorbing, or prevents it from breaking down once it's in you? I'm not a biologist, but it would sound to me like if it's the second then it would be an even better stack. It would be cool if someone with some knowledge of biology could explain these terms to me.

And now that you mention it I haven't had any hemorrhoid problems since taking cissus.
I would guess that if it can't be metabolized, it isn't going to do anything for you. We often benefit/suffer from what happens to a substance metabolically, and the reaction /byproduct it produces in our body.
Much like the gasoline in our car is quite useless if it cannot be ignited, it's the combustion that we benefit from.
That's a very elementary way of thinking, and I'm far from qualified to consider that anything but a guess, so don't take it as fact. Just my broscience :)

I would really like to hear from someone who is familiar with this subject and/or the MOA of ArA.

dpfisher

I would guess that if it can't be metabolized, it isn't going to do anything for you. We often benefit/suffer from what happens to a substance metabolically, and the reaction /byproduct it produces in our body.
Much like the gasoline in our car is quite useless if it cannot be ignited, it's the combustion that we benefit from.
See that's where I'm not sure, is the ArA the active substance or is the the stuff it breaks down into? I'm thinking of it more like the methylation of hormonals. Since they metabolize slower due to the methylation they have greater effects, right?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Some people think it's alright. Personally I would avoid the stack.