CEE = Crap? - AnabolicMinds.com

CEE = Crap?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

CEE = Crap?

Stumbled upon this over on MD. It sucks because Ive got a descent stash of CEE already

Creatine Ethyl Ester FAILS - Muscular Development Forums

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

There was a rather scathing article on CEE and Kre-Alkalyn a little while back. If nobody digs it up before tonight (Ive got a paper due in 4hrs) Ill find it for you. Needless tos ay I stick with Monohydrate
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    There was a rather scathing article on CEE and Kre-Alkalyn a little while back. If nobody digs it up before tonight (Ive got a paper due in 4hrs) Ill find it for you. Needless tos ay I stick with Monohydrate
    I'll try looking for it. Im just gonna stick with mono from now on also
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Blah! Just do your own studies. That "abstract" was indeed very poorly written. I'll throw my experience out just for fun... Kre-Alkalyne worked somewhat, and CEE has done a bit better than the Kre. CM is next on my list.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

cee works fine got good results from it
    got the same if not better reuslts from CM
    i get more bloated from mono but thats good cuz then mi muscle have more water in them thus leading to better nutriant up take
  6. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1 kilo Mono - $13 = 200 - 5g serving (not including loading phase)
    1 kilo CEE - $30 = 500 - 2g servings

It's a wash either way.

CEE did not show any additional benefit to increases in muscle strength/performance or a significant increase in total muscle creatine when compared to creatine monohydrate or placebo.
    It isn't saying it is inferior.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I've never had blood work done while on CEE but I have heard around the forum that it does not treat your body kindly, I'm pretty sure it was Tripdog who said that.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joelast View Post
    I've never had blood work done while on CEE but I have heard around the forum that it does not treat your body kindly, I'm pretty sure it was Tripdog who said that.
    Tripdog said, in an unknowing response in question format... something similar to this.... "Isn't CEE liver toxic?!" This was said about a year ago or so.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I did not purposely have blood work done for using CEE, but I did have blood work done for something else and I just happened to be using CEE at the time; I did not have any adverse side effects that showed up in my blood panel.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    Tripdog said, in an unknowing response in question format... something similar to this.... "Isn't CEE liver toxic?!" This was said about a year ago or so.
    I thought I remembers something more recent where he definativley said CEE was worse for you that CM, and he referenced his own blood work. But according to what Hardknock just said it doesn't make a difference. Hard where you taking bulk CEE or getting it through some form of pre-workout shake? And what did you dosage/ timing look like. I'm just curious.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

I thought I remembers something more recent where he definativley said CEE was worse for you that CM, and he referenced his own blood work.
    I remember Trip saying something about it too.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I thought I remembers something more recent where he definativley said CEE was worse for you that CM, and he referenced his own blood work. But according to what Hardknock just said it doesn't make a difference. Hard where you taking bulk CEE or getting it through some form of pre-workout shake? And what did you dosage/ timing look like. I'm just curious.
    I dosed at, and do not quote me as it has been 3 years, but 3 grams a day 40 mins before w/o. You can't quote me on the 40 mins, but im KNOW it was 40mins-1hr before wo.

It was pure Cee from nutraplanet, or I may have gotten it from customs; i can not remember now.

I added it to my muscle milk (original back then). I believe I also added in liquid fish oil to my home made shake.

It was bulk powder
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  13. Advanced Member

that PDF from the site the OP posted... i went through that.

It basically says... 3 groups.
    group 1. Placebo over 7 weeks. Loading for the first 5 days
    group 2. CEE over 7 weeks. loading for first 5 days
    group 3. Mono over 7 weeks. loading for first 5 days

They were on a 7 week resistance program.

there was no significant difference in strength and muscle power gain in any of the groups.

there was no significant difference in intracellular water between groups.
    it didn't mention about muscle size.

But CEE group increased in Creatinine levels.

So it's basically saying CEE and CR (as it refers to Mono) are pretty useless.
    Which i find quite hard to believe because I always hear a lot about Mono being good.

Things i don't like about that study:

It didn't mention how the subjects' diets were and lifestyle and I think it said they took the creatine in a fasted state of around 8 hours (perhaps after waking up though it didn't mention) as oppose to taking it before / after a workout.

And plus, the subjects they took were all persons who hadn't trained for the past 12 months. few problems with this

1. It's very inaccurate to pinpoint the max strength / max power of new persons (not mentally trained)
    2. Water retention, intra and extra can occur in newer persons if they intake water significantly as the body needs to adapt.
    * and if they didn't take sufficient water, the creatine effect wont be as absorbed.

3. Didn't mention when they train and what their pre-workout meal was (makes a big diference)
    4. Perhaps this group of subjects (untrained persons) need time to be responsive to creatine?.....
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

http://www.cr-technologies.net/cee_pr.html

http://www.supplementgenius.com/2008...he-nuts-again/

http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templat...8806&zoneid=26

I think CEE is really up against the wall due to the above (and similar) info.

But all that aside, WHERE are the studies showing CEE's benifits? CM has countless clinical backings, but CEE has nothing? (nothing more than CM studies and a promise to do better!)
    I wish i had researched this stuff with a clearer vision when I first started using CEE. I wanted CEE to be vastly superior to CM so bad that I never stopped to ask if it was even as good.
    It amazes my to think that the burden of proof seems to be in proving that CEE DOESN'T meet it's claims, when in fact there is no proof that it works at all.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. lol crap...
    By Rugger in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
  2. What the crap
    By Distilled Water in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
  3. Help me get my crap together...
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum General Chat