Could this be why PRIME works so well?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%

Could this be why PRIME works so well?

I just read an health/medical article that stated that the purest forms of Tribulus have been shown to have stronger anabolic effects than test cypionate when taken in high doses. It stated that your body has to have it built up in it for 3-4 weeks before the effects for the effects to start kicking in. A special form of Trib is the main ingredient in PRIME, and it states that results should expected in the third week.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

source?
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I dont get why everybody is saying PRIME kicks in after 3 weeks when the writeup (http://www.usplabsdirect.com/prime/ ) states
    " Most have noticed increased workout production and overall body hardening within a few days….

…However, everyone agrees by the end of week 3 USPlabs Prime™ is in full force – running through your veins and demonstrating the unique anabolic effects only it can!
    Here's a timeline based upon user feedback:"
    But that's neither here nor there. Im interested in seeing the article; Prime was shown to be non-hormonal, so I wonder how the article backs the claim.
    •   

4. dpfisher

I've read people saying that Trib. boosts LH and therefore testosterone, but I've never seen one offering true evidence.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.27%

Yeah well I heard that prime killed the periodic table because it only recognizes the element of surprise!

Edit: Nevermind that is Chuck Norris...
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.88%

Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    I've read people saying that Trib. boosts LH and therefore testosterone, but I've never seen one offering true evidence.
    although i am not familiar with Tribulus Aquaticus used in Prime, i have used plain old trib.

from what i've seen, the studies showing trib as a test booster were non-Western studies or were studies conducted on rats.

of the relevant human based western studies i've looked at trib's benefits look dismal.

The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composi...[Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2000] - PubMed Result
    Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained males

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not ...[J Ethnopharmacol. 2005] - PubMed Result
    The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties

The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris su...[J Strength Cond Res. 2007] - PubMed Result
    It was concluded that T. terrestris did not produce the large gains in strength or lean muscle mass that many manufacturers claim can be experienced within 5-28 days. Furthermore, T. terrestris did not alter the urinary T/E ratio.

i've also run a bro-science human study on myself.

1: Hank Vangut. 2006 May; 01(2):969-1005
    The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of Tribulus terrestris (tribulus) on body composition and exercise performance in a resistance-trained Hank Vangut.
    Four weeks of placebo supplementation was followed by four weeks of 2g/day of Tribulus supplementation.
    No significant improvements over placebo supplementation were found in body composition, strength measurements, or athletic performance.
    Hank Vangut did however experience libido and aphrodisiac boosting type properties while on Tribulus, with reports that he wanted to "wreak havoc on the local high school cheer leader population".
    Although this was a nice effect, it is not evidence of increased androgen production and may have been a result of a different mechanism.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.13%

I tried Prime and the only thing it did was make my wallet lighter. Its great in the supp world... the chemestry is simple..... No-nRe-SPo-NdEr-1 = $ The best supplement in the world is eating, lifting heavy and sleeping. I wish that came in a bottle for $59. What a deal!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    although i am not familiar with Tribulus Aquaticus used in Prime, i have used plain old trib.

from what i've seen, the studies showing trib as a test booster were non-Western studies or were studies conducted on rats.

of the relevant human based western studies i've looked at trib's benefits look dismal.

The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composi...[Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2000] - PubMed Result
    Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained males

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not ...[J Ethnopharmacol. 2005] - PubMed Result
    The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties

The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris su...[J Strength Cond Res. 2007] - PubMed Result
    It was concluded that T. terrestris did not produce the large gains in strength or lean muscle mass that many manufacturers claim can be experienced within 5-28 days. Furthermore, T. terrestris did not alter the urinary T/E ratio.

i've also run a bro-science human study on myself.

1: Hank Vangut. 2006 May; 01(2):969-1005
    The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of Tribulus terrestris (tribulus) on body composition and exercise performance in a resistance-trained Hank Vangut.
    Four weeks of placebo supplementation was followed by four weeks of 2g/day of Tribulus supplementation.
    No significant improvements over placebo supplementation were found in body composition, strength measurements, or athletic performance.
    Hank Vangut did however experience libido and aphrodisiac boosting type properties while on Tribulus, with reports that he wanted to "wreak havoc on the local high school cheer leader population".
    Although this was a nice effect, it is not evidence of increased androgen production and may have been a result of a different mechanism.
    You must not be living in my home town. Rumor has it that they had to put in field turf to keep the cheerleaders from grazing. They were something else.

But anyway, I've used Trib at 4g/day, and I didn't see any effects that made me want to use it again. It was worth a shot though.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I dont get why everybody is saying PRIME kicks in after 3 weeks when the writeup (http://www.usplabsdirect.com/prime/ ) states
    But that's neither here nor there. Im interested in seeing the article; Prime was shown to be non-hormonal, so I wonder how the article backs the claim.
    Not everybody is saying PRIME kicks in after three weeks. Some notice results earlier, some around three weeks, some later.

10. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.1%

Im on week six and am seeing HUGE stength gains. Its crazy i had PR's across the board last week and will have them this week for sure.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.47%

PRIME is a ****ing scam! I will never buy a USPlabs product again, because they are full of ****. (except for REM-R3G, only product that works but they discontinued it, go figure) Save your money and buy quality meat instead.
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    PRIME is a ****ing scam! I will never buy a USPlabs product again, because they are full of ****. (except for REM-R3G, only product that works but they discontinued it, go figure) Save your money and buy quality meat instead.
    Thank you very much for your profund feedback!

13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyAlpha View Post
    I just read an health/medical article that stated that the purest forms of Tribulus have been shown to have stronger anabolic effects than test cypionate when taken in high doses. It stated that your body has to have it built up in it for 3-4 weeks before the effects for the effects to start kicking in. A special form of Trib is the main ingredient in PRIME, and it states that results should expected in the third week.
    according to usp, prime don't work on an hormonal pathway so I don't think that's the reason and probably what you read was talking about t.terrestris so sorry but no cigar
  14. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

I really want to see a study on the OP.
  15. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Not everybody is saying PRIME kicks in after three weeks. Some notice results earlier, some around three weeks, some later.

Sorry, should have phrased that better; Replace "Everybody" with "So many people"

Like Nunes and a few others have mentioned, Trib terrestris is supposed to boost LH, and Prime was shown not to do this, so the hunt for the MoA continues. I'm going to run a 4-week trial on SuperSap pretty soon I think; still on the fence. Ive got the tub here, but might give it to a friend.
  16. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post

PRIME produces Quality meat in the form of LBM '

I agree Quality Meat comes first because if your nutrition is skewed. You will never see the light.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Wait... Nutrition first?...huh?
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I'm going to run a 4-week trial on SuperSap pretty soon I think; still on the fence. Ive got the tub here, but might give it to a friend.
    Hmmm, can I be your friend. I heard SuperSap was supposed to be good for the libido which is always a good thing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ordered 4 Prime twin packs and get 4 prime?
    By Ubiyca in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 01:57 PM
  2. Prime Time with USPlabs! Without the Prime!
    By lbarber in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 09:59 AM