Coenzyme Q10

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.09%

Coenzyme Q10

today someone GAVE me 6 bottles of CoQ10 from Purity Products.

i cant find as much info as i would like about this.
    i hear it is good for the cadiovascular system and just about every cell in the body and can aid muscle cells in ATP production. So i have started today.

who has tried it and what was the result?

2. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I love it and take 150mg a day, split into 50 morning 100 night. Its just a very usefull health supplement.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Very useful. I think a recent study showed some carry over into muscle gain or recovery somehow as well.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Awesome stuff I take 100mg a day.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.08%

If some one gave you 6 bottles then you hit the jackpot. That stuff is crazy expensive. I just started taking 100 mg a day myself.
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

One of most required (and overlooked) compounds in the body. It's a necessary cofactor in pretty much every cell function.

Expect better recovery and more energy. depending on what else you are taking, you can expect it to aid in fatloss as well.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Its a good addition if your taking cycle support. I belive the RYR strips your body of CoQ10.
  8. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Its a good addition if your taking cycle support. I belive the RYR strips your body of CoQ10.
    Cycle support contains Idebenone a synthetic variant of one of life's most essential biochemicals, Coenzyme Q10. Co Q10 is an important antioxidant component of the lipid (fatty) membranes that surround all cells, as well as the lipid membranes surrounding the various organelles ("little organs"), such as mitochondria and microsomes, inside cells.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%

What brands are reasonably priced?? Been looking into em but cant find decent price on em. LOL
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.09%

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    One of most required (and overlooked) compounds in the body. It's a necessary cofactor in pretty much every cell function.

Expect better recovery and more energy. depending on what else you are taking, you can expect it to aid in fatloss as well.
    it sounds awesome.
    im glad to be taking it. the ones i have also have i think 60mg ginkgo biloba.

i'm not concerned with fat loss at this time but will do a little cutting up in another 2 months. so i will probably take some now and save some for then if i think it's a good idea.

i read via wikipedia it is about totally insoluble in water and has only limited solubility in fats but is still soluble and bioactive orally, although not to a large degree.

So i try to take these when i am also taking in fats or oils. i pop the fish oil caps when i swollow these coq10 pills. the pills themselves are softgel type caps that infact are oil filled themselves. i just think that the more fat you take in the better the bioavailability will be at the time it is floating around in your guts.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Cycle support contains Idebenone a synthetic variant of one of life's most essential biochemicals, Coenzyme Q10. Co Q10 is an important antioxidant component of the lipid (fatty) membranes that surround all cells, as well as the lipid membranes surrounding the various organelles ("little organs"), such as mitochondria and microsomes, inside cells.

Just to clarify, its a synthetic analogue. So it may have similar properties, but I would personally still supplement with actual CoQ10.
  12. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Just to clarify, its a synthetic analogue. So it may have similar properties, but I would personally still supplement with actual CoQ10.
    I would take them both, as idebenone is very valuable in neural antioxidation, whereas different forms of coq-10 are potent in the rest of the body.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by davez325 View Post
    What brands are reasonably priced?? Been looking into em but cant find decent price on em. LOL
    Many that I have seen are dosed at 100, 200, 400 mg hence the high price. I found some at 50 mg for $10.99 30ct bottle.

Is it better to have several small doses or buy the 200mg?
    Or what dosage is recommended?
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.67%

This vitamin is very useful in maintaining and regulating cardiovascular heath. It also helps to strengthen your immune system. Take it if you feel that it can improve your health. There are more gains than losses in taking this vitamin.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Managing High Blood Pressure with Coenzyme Q10
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 05:22 PM
  2. Coenzyme Q10
    By size in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 07:01 PM