How many tbsp is 30 grams? - AnabolicMinds.com

How many tbsp is 30 grams?

  1. Banned
    p00ndawg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    How many tbsp is 30 grams?


    my whey supplement that arrived didnt come with a scooper, if anyone has a whey supplement thats serving size is 30g~ and could convert it to table spoons for me it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

  2. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1975

    Reputation

    i don't believe all brands of whey protein are equal in weight.
    table spoon is a volume measurement while gram is weight.

    say want to know how many grams of protein in 4 tbsp of protein powder.
    it's a 2-step conversion process. tablespoons are a volume measure, which relates to typical protein powder serving sizes, which are in cc, as follows:

    1 cc = 0.0676280451 US tablespoons
    so 4 tablespoons = 4/.06763 = 59.1 cc

    now look at ur protein powder label & see how many grams protein are in what serving size (cc's) & convert.

    say it's 25g protein in 70 cc, like ON whey, then you finish off the calculation as follows:
    4 tbsp ON whey = 59.1*25/70 = 21.1g protein
  3. Professional Member
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,734
    Rep Power
    1975

    Reputation

    are you sure it didn't come with a scoop?
    typically if it says serving ~30g then there is a scoop that = 30g.
    dig around in your protein and see if you can find one.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    p00ndawg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    i don't believe all brands of whey protein are equal in weight.
    table spoon is a volume measurement while gram is weight.

    say want to know how many grams of protein in 4 tbsp of protein powder.
    it's a 2-step conversion process. tablespoons are a volume measure, which relates to typical protein powder serving sizes, which are in cc, as follows:

    1 cc = 0.0676280451 US tablespoons
    so 4 tablespoons = 4/.06763 = 59.1 cc

    now look at ur protein powder label & see how many grams protein are in what serving size (cc's) & convert.

    say it's 25g protein in 70 cc, like ON whey, then you finish off the calculation as follows:
    4 tbsp ON whey = 59.1*25/70 = 21.1g protein
    Thanks ! yea my GOLD whey has 25g protein per serving. You were exact.
  5. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    18663

    Reputation

    Or, just go to any local drug store or wally world, if you have one, buy a small cooking scale and dump it on the scale to weigh it, then scoop and mix...pretty easy.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  6. Banned
    p00ndawg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    are you sure it didn't come with a scoop?
    typically if it says serving ~30g then there is a scoop that = 30g.
    dig around in your protein and see if you can find one.

    Its a huge 5 lb one, I looked and looked for 10 min and could not find it. Ill look again, its ok to put my hand in it? I dont want to contaminate it or anything.
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41242

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    Its a huge 5 lb one, I looked and looked for 10 min and could not find it. Ill look again, its ok to put my hand in it? I dont want to contaminate it or anything.
    Its probably in the bottom, stick a whisk/cooking spoon in and stir around for it.
  8. Banned
    p00ndawg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Never mind guys, I found it LOL!

    I just went ahead and stuck my hand in there, it was allllll the way at the bottom.

    p00ndawg protip: Dont try to fish out your scooper with a spoon, use your hand.


    Thanks for all the help tho, at least before my workout i was able to get 4 tbsp worth of whey, HAHA.
  9. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    18663

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    Its a huge 5 lb one, I looked and looked for 10 min and could not find it. Ill look again, its ok to put my hand in it? I dont want to contaminate it or anything.
    Wash your hands, it's just like handling any other food. You wouldn't put dirty hands on your chicken or any other food items, would you? Its not a matter of contaminating so much as it's just cleanliness.


    Why not buy a scale? That' will solve your problems quicker than anything else...
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  10. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    18663

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    Never mind guys, I found it LOL!

    I just went ahead and stuck my hand in there, it was allllll the way at the bottom.

    p00ndawg protip: Dont try to fish out your scooper with a spoon, use your hand.


    Thanks for all the help tho, at least before my workout i was able to get 4 tbsp worth of whey, HAHA.
    LOL
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  11. Senior Member
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    901

    Reputation

    Use two rounded tbspfuls. Exact weight to volume is not that important with protein. As long as you have a rough idea of what you are getting.
  12. Banned
    p00ndawg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Use two rounded tbspfuls. Exact weight to volume is not that important with protein. As long as you have a rough idea of what you are getting.

    you should read the thread man! lol
  13. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41242

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    you should read the thread man! lol
    It happens alot around here
  14. Banned
    p00ndawg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    It happens alot around here
    It happens in most forums to be honest, but I just want him to read it cuz its lolworthy.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 03:27 PM
  3. 15 grams of BCAA = 15 grams of Protein???
    By iDShaDoW in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 08:01 PM
  4. DHEA + 1 tbsp of all natural peanut butter
    By T800 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:24 PM
  5. Grams Of Protein For Grams Of Carbs
    By bradhore in forum Bulking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in