Recovery

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
In your experience...
Aside from diet and protien, what are the best supps to minimize DOMS?
If your answer is Amino Acids, specifically which ones? I know of a few that have been shown to help, but I'm curious what everyone else's experience is.

***please save the "DOMS is good" lectures. I am aware of the muscle building process and that soreness has it's place. However, I've always experienced extreme amounts of DOMS in comparison to my training partners, especialy when switching up my training. DOMS is not good when it keeps you out of the gym for days.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Could try increasing water (fluid) intake to "flush" the dom's out ?

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
sleep more man that alwyas helps me, look into some sleep and recovery type products
like bullet proof, powerfull, ect.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man i'll second the sleep. amino acids are good; leucine i've found is mentionabale..
I've talked to a few local BB'ers at my gyms, because I had the same problem.. They told me if i'm REALLY sore for more than one or two days, then I'm not eating enough to actually recover from my workout: plain and simple.
I started downing 1-2 more shakes per day and haven't had this problem in over 2 years now.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
sleep more man that alwyas helps me, look into some sleep and recovery type products
like bullet proof, powerfull, ect.
Excellent point man. I've always needed more sleep than the average person and wake up feeling unrested. Add to that a pregnant wife that gets up to pee every hour and R.E.M. is nothing more than an 80's music group to me. I may look into some of the products you mentioned, and in the long term maybe get a sleep study done.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Improve your diet. You'd be surprised how diet effects recovery.

Eat cottage cheese 1hr before bed - the slow-digesting casein will help repair while you sleep

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
A product like Torrent is specifically designed for recovery. It has hydro whey, key amino's (including 8 grms of leucine), a great carb blend and more that will all help with DOMS.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta tell you Swell has always helped me in this department. The addition of a high dosage of Leucine always has been a benefit to me. However, the extra sleep is a must as well

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to eat more, or give your body more nutrients to repair itself. It doesn't have enough for recuperation to take place quickly. Sleep is also another critical component in this equation.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
I can't fault my diet here...I've been eating VERY clean, not even a "cheat day" the last few weeks, not to mention, this has ALWAYS been a problem for me, regardless of my caloric intake (I've had it pretty high in the past).
I've lifted side by side with someone who's diet was primarily2 Fast food meals a day, and who had a lot less time in the gym. We both did the SAME exercises and he was barely sore the next day. I however was (very) sore for a couple of days. Maybe the sleep thing, maybe I have poor absobtion of...who knows what.
Just looking for what works for others.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
I gotta tell you Swell has always helped me in this department. The addition of a high dosage of Leucine always has been a benefit to me. However, the extra sleep is a must as well
I've been nailing it with JP8 as a pre w/o drink.
How is Swell intra workout?
Stack, maybe?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been nailing it with JP8 as a pre w/o drink.
How is Swell intra workout?
Stack, maybe?
I like swell in a variety of phases. I have used pre and intra, and have been happy with it. You get a good solid dose of B/A CM and Leucine along with the typical poseidon complex.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are eating enough good protein(g/lb),carbs,and good fats, then I do not know an answer. Supplements definitely help if the diet is in order.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've talked to a few local BB'ers at my gyms, because I had the same problem.. They told me if i'm REALLY sore for more than one or two days, then I'm not eating enough to actually recover from my workout: plain and simple.
broscience is the greatest...

anyhow to the OP, try somnidren-gh pre-bed. anything that helps release extra GH will help lower or possibly totally remove the doms.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
anyhow to the OP, try somnidren-gh pre-bed. anything that helps release extra GH will help lower or possibly totally remove the doms.
true dat.

if your gym has a hot tub, that will help a lot - at least it does for me - 15 minutes will do you wonders.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
true dat.

if your gym has a hot tub, that will help a lot - at least it does for me - 15 minutes will do you wonders.
How long do you wait before you use the hot tub? Immediate heat application seems to make the problem worse in my experience, which makes sense to me. Do you go the next day or right after training?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
How long do you wait before you use the hot tub? Immediate heat application seems to make the problem worse in my experience, which makes sense to me. Do you go the next day or right after training?
i work out, slam a shake, jump in the hot tub for 10-20 minutes. my recovery seems to speed up.

another trick that may work, is to go back to the gym the next day, and just do one set with "3/4 of your warmup weight", spending a few more seconds on the negative. you should quickly get a "burn" from it - that's when you stop :)

in at least my situation (i can't speak for everyone), this helps flush the muscle with new blood, and new nutrients, and i have noticed it helps after an especially nasty workout, when day after DOMS is killing me.

from there, i take my shake and get in the hot tub. give it a shot - worse case scenario you'll get nothing out of it.

it is my opinion that the heat increases blood flow, which increases nutrient delivery via blood to the muscles, which makes this work. try it with creatine, or a NO product, if the hot tub alone is not helping :)

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
i work out, slam a shake, jump in the hot tub for 10-20 minutes. my recovery seems to speed up.

another trick that may work, is to go back to the gym the next day, and just do one set with "3/4 of your warmup weight", spending a few more seconds on the negative. you should quickly get a "burn" from it - that's when you stop :)

in at least my situation (i can't speak for everyone), this helps flush the muscle with new blood, and new nutrients, and i have noticed it helps after an especially nasty workout, when day after DOMS is killing me.

from there, i take my shake and get in the hot tub. give it a shot - worse case scenario you'll get nothing out of it.

it is my opinion that the heat increases blood flow, which increases nutrient delivery via blood to the muscles, which makes this work. try it with creatine, or a NO product, if the hot tub alone is not helping :)
I always had the idea that the increased blood flow would only increase inflamation, but it sounds like it's working for you.
I'll try the light set the next day. I do know I don't feel sore immediately after working out, even if I started the session sore, so there may be something to that.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
...or if they have a sauna, jump in for 10min - then straight into a cold shower, then back in for 5min, another cold shower.

Your nuts won't thank you but your muscles will. :firedevil:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
LOL, I get a kick out of the guys in the gym that smell like bengay!
lol yup.

i remember one day after a leg workout, my calves were so sore i was walking like a robot. i was rubbing that **** in like crazy!!!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lol yup.

i remember one day after a leg workout, my calves were so sore i was walking like a robot. i was rubbing that **** in like crazy!!!
Rub it in hardcore, then go sit in the sauna. You will cry.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I just gave up on it. It doesn't matter how much/what I eat, what supplements I take, or anything. I get DOMS for a good 5-6 days, bare minimum. I felt like BCAAS were making it worse, they probably weren't but they certainly didn't help at all. Leucine, 1-Carboxy, Creatine, Protein,BCAA, ZMA, 8-10 hours of sleep, ice, heat..... nothing worked for me. I'm constantly doing the robot walk, every day.

darkshadow

Awards
maybe a good ice bathe?...it will probably be hard to do cause most people dont like cold water like me lol...my theory is that the cold will constrict and flush out any lactic acid or toxin buildup or whatever and then when you warm up after you get out blood flow goes back to normal...this is just a theory and something I read about a long time ago, but who knows it might work

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established

I'll second that and I'm surprised nobody mentioned getting a massage will help also. You can have your girl do it or go and get a deep tissue massage, none of that happy ending massage stuff although that could help in other ways. Anything that gets the blood flowing will help b/c you want to get the nutrients in the muscle to help repair it. Like the guy ahead of me said too a cold shower could help b/c that will actually get your blood flowing easier too.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you think nutrient absorption is an issue have you tried digestive enzymes?

Warm sea salt baths after help some. I also get DOMS pretty badly.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established

First of all, DOMS can actually be increased by spending more time on the negative. There was a study done that showed that DOMS was almost nonexistent when concentric only exercise was done. Take that for what you will.

Effects of deep heat as a preventative mechanism on delayed onset muscle soreness.
Brock Symons T, Clasey JL, Gater DR, Yates JW.

Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA.

The effects of increased muscle temperature via continuous ultrasound prior to a maximal bout of eccentric exercise were investigated on the symptoms of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) of the elbow flexors. Perceived muscle soreness, upper arm circumferences, range of motion (ROM), and isometric and isokinetic strength were measured over 7 days on 14 college-aged men (n = 6) and women (n = 8). Ten minutes of continuous ultrasound (ULT) or sham-ultrasound (CON) were administered. Muscle temperature was measured in the biceps brachii of both arms. Muscle temperature increased by 1.79 degrees +/- 0.49 degrees C (mean +/- SD) in the experimental arm of the ULT group. Muscle soreness was induced by a single bout of 50 maximal eccentric contractions. The ULT group did not differ significantly (p < 0.05) from the CON group with respect to perceived muscle soreness, upper arm circumference, ROM, and isometric and isokinetic strength. In conclusion, increased muscle temperature failed to provide significant prophylactic effects on the symptoms of DOMS.

Heat hasn't been shown helpful. It could make it worse if your body is producing a lot of cytokines/other inflammatory responses. It will probably help you feel better to relax though so that might be something that works for you but not everyone.

Delayed onset muscle soreness : treatment strategies and performance factors.
Cheung K, Hume P, Maxwell L.

School of Community Health and Sports Studies, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand.

Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is a familiar experience for the elite or novice athlete. Symptoms can range from muscle tenderness to severe debilitating pain. The mechanisms, treatment strategies, and impact on athletic performance remain uncertain, despite the high incidence of DOMS. DOMS is most prevalent at the beginning of the sporting season when athletes are returning to training following a period of reduced activity. DOMS is also common when athletes are first introduced to certain types of activities regardless of the time of year. Eccentric activities induce micro-injury at a greater frequency and severity than other types of muscle actions. The intensity and duration of exercise are also important factors in DOMS onset. Up to six hypothesised theories have been proposed for the mechanism of DOMS, namely: lactic acid, muscle spasm, connective tissue damage, muscle damage, inflammation and the enzyme efflux theories. However, an integration of two or more theories is likely to explain muscle soreness. DOMS can affect athletic performance by causing a reduction in joint range of motion, shock attenuation and peak torque. Alterations in muscle sequencing and recruitment patterns may also occur, causing unaccustomed stress to be placed on muscle ligaments and tendons. These compensatory mechanisms may increase the risk of further injury if a premature return to sport is attempted.A number of treatment strategies have been introduced to help alleviate the severity of DOMS and to restore the maximal function of the muscles as rapidly as possible. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have demonstrated dosage-dependent effects that may also be influenced by the time of administration. Similarly, massage has shown varying results that may be attributed to the time of massage application and the type of massage technique used. Cryotherapy, stretching, homeopathy, ultrasound and electrical current modalities have demonstrated no effect on the alleviation of muscle soreness or other DOMS symptoms. Exercise is the most effective means of alleviating pain during DOMS, however the analgesic effect is also temporary. Athletes who must train on a daily basis should be encouraged to reduce the intensity and duration of exercise for 1-2 days following intense DOMS-inducing exercise. Alternatively, exercises targeting less affected body parts should be encouraged in order to allow the most affected muscle groups to recover. Eccentric exercises or novel activities should be introduced progressively over a period of 1 or 2 weeks at the beginning of, or during, the sporting season in order to reduce the level of physical impairment and/or training disruption. There are still many unanswered questions relating to DOMS, and many potential areas for future research.

The only thing they found to significantly work was massage therapy:

Effects of massage on delayed-onset muscle soreness, swelling, and recovery of muscle function.
Zainuddin Z, Newton M, Sacco P, Nosaka K.

Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, Western Australia, Australia.

CONTEXT: Delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) describes muscle pain and tenderness that typically develop several hours postexercise and consist of predominantly eccentric muscle actions, especially if the exercise is unfamiliar. Although DOMS is likely a symptom of eccentric-exercise-induced muscle damage, it does not necessarily reflect muscle damage. Some prophylactic or therapeutic modalities may be effective only for alleviating DOMS, whereas others may enhance recovery of muscle function without affecting DOMS. OBJECTIVE: To test the hypothesis that massage applied after eccentric exercise would effectively alleviate DOMS without affecting muscle function. DESIGN: We used an arm-to-arm comparison model with 2 independent variables (control and massage) and 6 dependent variables (maximal isometric and isokinetic voluntary strength, range of motion, upper arm circumference, plasma creatine kinase activity, and muscle soreness). A 2-way repeated-measures analysis of variance and paired t tests were used to examine differences in changes of the dependent variable over time (before, immediately and 30 minutes after exercise, and 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, and 14 days postexercise) between control and massage conditions. SETTING: University laboratory. PATIENTS OR OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Ten healthy subjects (5 men and 5 women) with no history of upper arm injury and no experience in resistance training. INTERVENTION(S): Subjects performed 10 sets of 6 maximal isokinetic (90 degrees x s(-1)) eccentric actions of the elbow flexors with each arm on a dynamometer, separated by 2 weeks. One arm received 10 minutes of massage 3 hours after eccentric exercise; the contralateral arm received no treatment. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): Maximal voluntary isometric and isokinetic elbow flexor strength, range of motion, upper arm circumference, plasma creatine kinase activity, and muscle soreness. RESULTS: Delayed-onset muscle soreness was significantly less for the massage condition for peak soreness in extending the elbow joint and palpating the brachioradialis muscle (P < .05). Soreness while flexing the elbow joint (P = .07) and palpating the brachialis muscle (P = .06) was also less with massage. Massage treatment had significant effects on plasma creatine kinase activity, with a significantly lower peak value at 4 days postexercise (P < .05), and upper arm circumference, with a significantly smaller increase than the control at 3 and 4 days postexercise (P < .05). However, no significant effects of massage on recovery of muscle strength and ROM were evident. CONCLUSIONS: Massage was effective in alleviating DOMS by approximately 30% and reducing swelling, but it had no effects on muscle function.

Sorry for the long post. DOMS can't be cured, only slightly reduced. If you want less DOMS, spend less time on the negative phase. I hardly do any extended negative work, just nice and controlled down and I rarely ever get DOMS, even after intense workouts. DOMS are NOT a good indicator of a good workout. That being said, getting DOMS doesn't mean you had a "bad" workout either.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
First of all, DOMS can actually be increased by spending more time on the negative. There was a study done that showed that DOMS was almost nonexistent when concentric only exercise was done. Take that for what you will.

Effects of deep heat as a preventative mechanism on delayed onset muscle soreness.
Brock Symons T, Clasey JL, Gater DR, Yates JW.

Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA.

The effects of increased muscle temperature via continuous ultrasound prior to a maximal bout of eccentric exercise were investigated on the symptoms of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) of the elbow flexors. Perceived muscle soreness, upper arm circumferences, range of motion (ROM), and isometric and isokinetic strength were measured over 7 days on 14 college-aged men (n = 6) and women (n = 8). Ten minutes of continuous ultrasound (ULT) or sham-ultrasound (CON) were administered. Muscle temperature was measured in the biceps brachii of both arms. Muscle temperature increased by 1.79 degrees +/- 0.49 degrees C (mean +/- SD) in the experimental arm of the ULT group. Muscle soreness was induced by a single bout of 50 maximal eccentric contractions. The ULT group did not differ significantly (p < 0.05) from the CON group with respect to perceived muscle soreness, upper arm circumference, ROM, and isometric and isokinetic strength. In conclusion, increased muscle temperature failed to provide significant prophylactic effects on the symptoms of DOMS.

Heat hasn't been shown helpful. It could make it worse if your body is producing a lot of cytokines/other inflammatory responses. It will probably help you feel better to relax though so that might be something that works for you but not everyone.

Delayed onset muscle soreness : treatment strategies and performance factors.
Cheung K, Hume P, Maxwell L.

School of Community Health and Sports Studies, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand.

Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is a familiar experience for the elite or novice athlete. Symptoms can range from muscle tenderness to severe debilitating pain. The mechanisms, treatment strategies, and impact on athletic performance remain uncertain, despite the high incidence of DOMS. DOMS is most prevalent at the beginning of the sporting season when athletes are returning to training following a period of reduced activity. DOMS is also common when athletes are first introduced to certain types of activities regardless of the time of year. Eccentric activities induce micro-injury at a greater frequency and severity than other types of muscle actions. The intensity and duration of exercise are also important factors in DOMS onset. Up to six hypothesised theories have been proposed for the mechanism of DOMS, namely: lactic acid, muscle spasm, connective tissue damage, muscle damage, inflammation and the enzyme efflux theories. However, an integration of two or more theories is likely to explain muscle soreness. DOMS can affect athletic performance by causing a reduction in joint range of motion, shock attenuation and peak torque. Alterations in muscle sequencing and recruitment patterns may also occur, causing unaccustomed stress to be placed on muscle ligaments and tendons. These compensatory mechanisms may increase the risk of further injury if a premature return to sport is attempted.A number of treatment strategies have been introduced to help alleviate the severity of DOMS and to restore the maximal function of the muscles as rapidly as possible. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have demonstrated dosage-dependent effects that may also be influenced by the time of administration. Similarly, massage has shown varying results that may be attributed to the time of massage application and the type of massage technique used. Cryotherapy, stretching, homeopathy, ultrasound and electrical current modalities have demonstrated no effect on the alleviation of muscle soreness or other DOMS symptoms. Exercise is the most effective means of alleviating pain during DOMS, however the analgesic effect is also temporary. Athletes who must train on a daily basis should be encouraged to reduce the intensity and duration of exercise for 1-2 days following intense DOMS-inducing exercise. Alternatively, exercises targeting less affected body parts should be encouraged in order to allow the most affected muscle groups to recover. Eccentric exercises or novel activities should be introduced progressively over a period of 1 or 2 weeks at the beginning of, or during, the sporting season in order to reduce the level of physical impairment and/or training disruption. There are still many unanswered questions relating to DOMS, and many potential areas for future research.

The only thing they found to significantly work was massage therapy:

Effects of massage on delayed-onset muscle soreness, swelling, and recovery of muscle function.
Zainuddin Z, Newton M, Sacco P, Nosaka K.

Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, Western Australia, Australia.

CONTEXT: Delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) describes muscle pain and tenderness that typically develop several hours postexercise and consist of predominantly eccentric muscle actions, especially if the exercise is unfamiliar. Although DOMS is likely a symptom of eccentric-exercise-induced muscle damage, it does not necessarily reflect muscle damage. Some prophylactic or therapeutic modalities may be effective only for alleviating DOMS, whereas others may enhance recovery of muscle function without affecting DOMS. OBJECTIVE: To test the hypothesis that massage applied after eccentric exercise would effectively alleviate DOMS without affecting muscle function. DESIGN: We used an arm-to-arm comparison model with 2 independent variables (control and massage) and 6 dependent variables (maximal isometric and isokinetic voluntary strength, range of motion, upper arm circumference, plasma creatine kinase activity, and muscle soreness). A 2-way repeated-measures analysis of variance and paired t tests were used to examine differences in changes of the dependent variable over time (before, immediately and 30 minutes after exercise, and 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, and 14 days postexercise) between control and massage conditions. SETTING: University laboratory. PATIENTS OR OTHER PARTICIPANTS: Ten healthy subjects (5 men and 5 women) with no history of upper arm injury and no experience in resistance training. INTERVENTION(S): Subjects performed 10 sets of 6 maximal isokinetic (90 degrees x s(-1)) eccentric actions of the elbow flexors with each arm on a dynamometer, separated by 2 weeks. One arm received 10 minutes of massage 3 hours after eccentric exercise; the contralateral arm received no treatment. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): Maximal voluntary isometric and isokinetic elbow flexor strength, range of motion, upper arm circumference, plasma creatine kinase activity, and muscle soreness. RESULTS: Delayed-onset muscle soreness was significantly less for the massage condition for peak soreness in extending the elbow joint and palpating the brachioradialis muscle (P < .05). Soreness while flexing the elbow joint (P = .07) and palpating the brachialis muscle (P = .06) was also less with massage. Massage treatment had significant effects on plasma creatine kinase activity, with a significantly lower peak value at 4 days postexercise (P < .05), and upper arm circumference, with a significantly smaller increase than the control at 3 and 4 days postexercise (P < .05). However, no significant effects of massage on recovery of muscle strength and ROM were evident. CONCLUSIONS: Massage was effective in alleviating DOMS by approximately 30% and reducing swelling, but it had no effects on muscle function.

Sorry for the long post. DOMS can't be cured, only slightly reduced. If you want less DOMS, spend less time on the negative phase. I hardly do any extended negative work, just nice and controlled down and I rarely ever get DOMS, even after intense workouts. DOMS are NOT a good indicator of a good workout. That being said, getting DOMS doesn't mean you had a "bad" workout either.
Awesome post man. Lots of good info there.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In your experience...
Aside from diet and protien, what are the best supps to minimize DOMS?
If your answer is Amino Acids, specifically which ones? I know of a few that have been shown to help, but I'm curious what everyone else's experience is.

***please save the "DOMS is good" lectures. I am aware of the muscle building process and that soreness has it's place. However, I've always experienced extreme amounts of DOMS in comparison to my training partners, especialy when switching up my training. DOMS is not good when it keeps you out of the gym for days.
IGF-2. DOMS was eliminated after 3 days using this!!!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Powerfull has made by far the biggest difference for me as far as DOMS goes. My recovery goes way up.

I think as long as your getting 7hrs of sleep and getting in plenty of protein supplements will help. If not, they wont.

ironaddict

ironaddict

Awards
I second the powerfull/somnidren suggestions. In addition, many people (myself included) have noticed ridiculous recovery improvements while on PRIME.

And maybe I missed it, but did anybody recommend stretching post workout? I know there is little clinical evidence that it really reduces DOMS, but I find it works for me... If you haven't tried it, then perhaps you should give it a try. I pretty much can't walk the second day after squatting unless i stretch.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I second the powerfull/somnidren suggestions. In addition, many people (myself included) have noticed ridiculous recovery improvements while on PRIME.

And maybe I missed it, but did anybody recommend stretching post workout? I know there is little clinical evidence that it really reduces DOMS, but I find it works for me... If you haven't tried it, then perhaps you should give it a try. I pretty much can't walk the second day after squatting unless i stretch.
Hell yeah - for overall strength + recovery can't beat Prime. Awesome deal on ATM too - price ain't no excuse for not giving it a shot :thumbsup:

ironaddict

ironaddict

Awards
Hell yeah - for overall strength + recovery can't beat Prime. Awesome deal on ATM too - price ain't no excuse for not giving it a shot :thumbsup:
Agreed.

OP you could try Prime right now, risk-free, if you log it and all that jazz. If it doesn't help rid you of the excessive DOMS you can probably get a refund... well, if you take the time to make an update 5 times a week.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This may have been mentioned but its been played with that taking an ice cold shower or bath right after working out will help slow lactic acid. Then go for that hot tub or shower.

tonyjaafan

Awards
For me, good intraworkout nutrition really really enhances the recovery..using Xtend+Purple wrath intraworkout..

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Purple WRAATH
Uniliver
High protein diet
Herbal test boosters