making my own protein shake.....help me customize it please!

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

making my own protein shake.....help me customize it please!

okay, im going to make my own protein formula on a anonymous site.......you can create your own formula of what ever kind of protein you want.......the thing is, i dont understand the difference between all of them......i want some thing that i can use before bed and in the morning......it has to be slow digesting so i can make it through most of the night and from 7-12 am in the morning (it will be part of my breakfast), i was thinking casein but then thought it would taste like chalk.....i can also add in some types of carbohydrate....again, i dont know what one is best to use in my situation

so any one who wants to help me out, i would appreciate it....and if you want to know the site PM me because i dont wanna get in trouble for posting something im not supposed to.....dont know if its allowed but i dont wanna take any chances

thanks, justin

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

IMO whey protein shake on waking, containing additional BCAA 5-10 gms.Include in that approx 3 gms of taurine. and aakg .You could also include approx 500 gms of n acetl cysteine and 500 gms of acetly l carnitine. Give that say 30 min to get into your system then have breakfast which could consist of slow release carbs like porridge oats and fruit

Before you sleep you could make up a casein protein drink , or a combination of egg whites and casein .You could make up a pre bed drink of whey and add a tablespoon of flax oil or any good oil to slow down the absorbtion.I would not add any carbs prior to bed-its like putting fuel in a car and not driving it anywhere, It wont be used as energy, itll sit there.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

all right, cool
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.42%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I would say pick up a some http://www.allthewhey.com/mpi10.html . Email Marcus to get a better quote, its a good slow digesting protein. Or casein like ON's 100%; I add a tbsp of Coconut Oil to my pre-bed shakes, best option.

Also I think corsaking king meant mg not g.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.87%

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    IMO whey protein shake on waking, containing additional BCAA 5-10 gms.Include in that approx 3 gms of taurine. and aakg .You could also include approx 500 gms of n acetl cysteine and 500 gms of acetly l carnitine. Give that say 30 min to get into your system then have breakfast which could consist of slow release carbs like porridge oats and fruit

Before you sleep you could make up a casein protein drink , or a combination of egg whites and casein .You could make up a pre bed drink of whey and add a tablespoon of flax oil or any good oil to slow down the absorbtion.[B]I would not add any carbs prior to bed-its like putting fuel in a car and not driving it anywhere,[/B] It wont be used as energy, itll sit there.
    Not necessarily, if your like me and your up at 5am to train, then it is essential you carb/calorie up before bed, than when you awake you will have the required energy levels.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I would say pick up a some http://www.allthewhey.com/mpi10.html . Email Marcus to get a better quote, its a good slow digesting protein. Or casein like ON's 100%; I add a tbsp of Coconut Oil to my pre-bed shakes, best option.

Also I think corsaking king meant mg not g.
    yes your right sorry about that
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.31%

Quote Originally Posted by Bulk View Post
    Not necessarily, if your like me and your up at 5am to train, then it is essential you carb/calorie up before bed, than when you awake you will have the required energy levels.

are you serious? the insulin response from the carbs will block any growth hormone secretion that yhour body does during your sleep...you are shooting your recovery in the foot by doing this....no carbs before bed...drink a shake whith whey and oats when you wake up...this will give you plenty of energy
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.87%

mooch yes i am being serious, it works for me! consuming a high calorie snack before bed time give's me that zip first thing. Before i did this my workouts where very sluggish.

Example

9.00 pm - High Carb/Calorie snack.- , Ice creme, Cereal,cake,rice, etc.

10.00 pm - protein shake- 10 grams creatine.10 gram L-Glu .- BED

Awake 4.30am, Pre Work out drink (i cycle all the top brands No explode etc)
    5.00am,Train.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.4%

Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    are you serious? the insulin response from the carbs will block any growth hormone secretion that yhour body does during your sleep...you are shooting your recovery in the foot by doing this....no carbs before bed...drink a shake whith whey and oats when you wake up...this will give you plenty of energy
    Personally i would keep the whey and oats separate and drink the whey first followed after say 30 min the oats.
    The reason - despite having a pre bed drink of a slow release protein before bed and assuming you sleep between approx 8 and 10 hours , by the time you come to the end of your sleep cycle, your body is going to be in a catabolic state .The sooner you can get aminos to those muscles the better, oats is going to slow that process down, In my view drink separately.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I have a great tasting custom blend from TP.

30% Micellar casein
    20% whey
    20% Complete Milk Dairy Isolate
    10% Egg white
    10% BCAA
    10% Brown Rice carb

The CMDI gives it a really nice creamy chocolate milk flavor and the brown rice adds some natural sweetness. I use this with breakfast sometimes and def before bed
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein Drink vs. Protein Shake Plus
    By pizzathehut in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Making the PERFECT post-workout Shake! (Video)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Recipes
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
  3. Difference between protein shake and protein from meats
    By 1wickd6 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
  5. Protein shake
    By cbcowan13 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4