SAM-E do you have to take this with B Vitamins?

LactoseLou

I am looking into Sam-e since I heard good things about it for overall mood and liver function.

I was wondering if you have to take B vitamins with this? Someone told me you need to tkae it with B vitamin.

Also can you take this and NAC?

not at the same time but say take Sam-e first thing in the morning and NAC at night?

Another question is I take this in the morning and then take my Propecia an hour later with my meal will it ruin the absorbtion of the finasteride?

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Well, no matter what you should usually be getting B-Vitamins during they day with your Multi-Vitamin or a separate B-Vitamin supplement. So as long as you are getting adequate levels that way, you should be good to go.

Taking SAMe and NAC shouldn't interfere with one another; as far as I know they should be complimentary.

LactoseLou

Well, no matter what you should usually be getting B-Vitamins during they day with your Multi-Vitamin or a separate B-Vitamin supplement. So as long as you are getting adequate levels that way, you should be good to go.

Taking SAMe and NAC shouldn't interfere with one another; as far as I know they should be complimentary.
thanks for the reply!

LactoseLou

So far I didnt feel any difference taking this stuff so I just stopped taking them. I still take NAC like 600mg before bed though.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking SAM-e for many months now. A couple weeks ago I ran out and went without for 4 or 5 days and started to feel some joint discomfort. Started back up with the SAM-e and it went away. 400mgs daily works well for me. How much were you taking ED?

LactoseLou

Ive been taking SAM-e for many months now. A couple weeks ago I ran out and went without for 4 or 5 days and started to feel some joint discomfort. Started back up with the SAM-e and it went away. 400mgs daily works well for me. How much were you taking ED?
I took the 400mg in the morning...I cannot say if the stuff works or not because most of it is internal health. I do know that it kept me up more and I wasn't yawning like I used to through the day I also had focus.

As far as joints go I noticed that when I went off them for the first few weeks I could hear my knees popping when I bent down...that went away a couple weeks later.

I just take fish oils. I still take NAC though for liver health

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I split it into 200mg @ 9:30 and 200mg @ 2:30.

It is some what expensive, which can be a draw back for some.

I originally took it for the mood support, but then felt an improvement in in my joints so I stuck with it.

To each thier own..

lcking187

Awards
i've run sam-e in the past and when i'm on it i notice a HUGE positive increase in mood and energy levels. and i never take it with b vits

LactoseLou

i've run sam-e in the past and when i'm on it i notice a HUGE positive increase in mood and energy levels. and i never take it with b vits
I heard you need to take B 12 and folic acid cause it helps absorb the SamE or something like that.