Protein-which one and whats in them that makes them better?!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

Protein-which one and whats in them that makes them better?!

I been looking aroundfor some protein. I already got some casein im about to order-peptopro, which is supposed to be the best of its kind, hands down. but now i need a whey protein. Idk which one to buy. Like many of us, money is tight these days, but i still consider protein a necessity and its not necessary if it dont work, so which one gives you the best deal for the buck?! also, does whey proetin gld standard from ON give you the WMS and taurine, glucose/glucotamine, and/or Waxy Maize that is typically needed to achieve major success in bb or jsut plain out working out?! if not, where can i find those for cheap?! vitamins in my local store?! where?! how?! thanks for the input guys, you some good people.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

Quote Originally Posted by TrynaImprove View Post
    I been looking aroundfor some protein. I already got some casein im about to order-peptopro, which is supposed to be the best of its kind, hands down. but now i need a whey protein. Idk which one to buy. Like many of us, money is tight these days, but i still consider protein a necessity and its not necessary if it dont work, so which one gives you the best deal for the buck?! also, does whey proetin gld standard from ON give you the WMS and taurine, glucose/glucotamine, and/or Waxy Maize that is typically needed to achieve major success in bb or jsut plain out working out?! if not, where can i find those for cheap?! vitamins in my local store?! where?! how?! thanks for the input guys, you some good people.
    Whey is whey. All the Whey is my favorite due to the flavors and the price, but I like the mixability of ON. Most Wheys will not have anything added to them. You will want to buy a plain Whey and add in your WMS, taurine, and whatever else you want in order to give you full control over the dosage.

The best place to buy all of these at the cheapest price and highest of quality is, of course, NutraPlanet
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

All The Whey (a brand) has their own company thread. You can find product reviews and specials if you check it out. I use ATW. I do NOT like the "Fit" version as it includes fiber which makes the shakes very slimy and thick! Also, you're losing protein because they replace protein w/fiber so you're bang-4-the-buck is reduced. Just get the regular stuff! They have a solid array of flavors as well.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%

I am using ON Whey Gold Standard.. has just about everything you need.. Just have something high carb with it after you workout (I have a PB&J sandwich)..
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

ok thanks you guys but sp just for the record, there is none of the forementioned stuff in whey?! like wms, taurine, glucose/glucotamine (idk something with the prefix "glu" in it), and/or Waxy Maiz?! If so can you guys recommend a product that i can get all of these in instead of dishing out money that i dont have for those things mixed with things that i dont need. I'm on a budget but wanan get results since im paying for it. ya no?! thanks again!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

ok thanks you guys but sp just for the record, there is none of the forementioned stuff in whey?! like wms, taurine, glucose/glucotamine (idk something with the prefix "glu" in it), and/or Waxy Maiz?! If so can you guys recommend a product that i can get all of these in instead of dishing out money that i dont have for those things mixed with things that i dont need. I'm on a budget but wanan get results since im paying for it. ya no?! thanks again!
    If you buy those products in bulk from nutraplanet, you will save yourself way more money in comparison to buying something that is pre-mixed.... and odds are it would have a bunch of other stuff that you don't want.

Or you could go to Trueprotein.com and make your own mix, which gives you complete control over what goes into your product, as well as what ratios and amounts they are in.
    http://www.trueprotein.com/custom_product.aspx
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

ok thnaks but im lookin into if there is another way to get (if they are needed-please be honestwith me if they are or not) l-leucine, gemma protein, dextrose, wms, taurine, Waxy Maize, and that glu thing.

also w/e prices you can find on the web, go to supplementwarehouse.com and if you find the exact measurements and a better proce somewhere else, you can get and even betterdeal off of that site. i think its about 5% better. and with that 5% on every item you purchase can save you quite a good amount of dinero for your other uses...

pleasehelp with that other stuff tho. im gettin back into the work out game and im new to all these supps and things. thanks. gracias otra vez.

ps: also, which is more needed- casein or egg protein?! can i get one or the other from another substance besdies eggs for the egg proetin (duh!) jaha.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.14%

ok thnaks but im lookin into if there is another way to get (if they are needed-please be honestwith me if they are or not) l-leucine, gemma protein, dextrose, wms, taurine, Waxy Maize, and that glu thing.
    pleasehelp with that other stuff tho. im gettin back into the work out game and im new to all these supps and things. thanks. gracias otra vez.

ps: also, which is more needed- casein or egg protein?! can i get one or the other from another substance besdies eggs for the egg proetin (duh!) jaha.
    if you're looking for an all inclusive workout recovery shake then Torrent is probably the most comprehensive!

the poster above that said that whey is whey...is right! but, whey protein isn't going to have all the other stuff in it too...that's what recovery shakes and other specialty purpose shakes are for.

I think Torrent and Golden Finish are great products (Torrent tastes amazing), but I usually just use All The Whey (25g), bulk creatine mono (5g), and WMS (35g) for my post workout shake...it's cheap!

Nutraplanet sponsors us here...prob don't want to be pushing other sites in your posts
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

ok sorry nutra. but so taurine, glu-whatever, and waxy maize arent needed as much as wms?! so i should just spend more $$$ on wms than those other 3?! and which supps containing those do you suggest?! thanks yet again.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Not sure what your goal is in terms of weight gain, or just maintain weight. I use ON Serious Mass, with that I don't see the need for Waxy Maize.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

my goal is to gain mass and weight. im already not a small dude but i can stand to get bigger im about 5'11 and more than 190 probably like in between 190-200. but i got strength and stamina endurance but i want more of all. what you reccomned becuase keep in mind i know i'll get tired, but i need mroe build i practice 4 sports all the time and then work out. i bust my cul0 doing this stuff and just wanna make sure i'll get the prpoer results for putting in the proper time and effort.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I gained 10 pounds in a month on Serious Mass. I am at 215 now, and hoping to gain more, my goal is to get to 220-225. In adittion to the protein, I also increased my my cals by eating more peanut butter and potatoes. I think you will like the serious mass, I take it three times a day with mootoopia milk. The milk alone is 12G protein for the NF, and 14 for the skim. The serious mass is 1250G cal, 50G protein.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

ok well thanks again. im gonna try to post up here what i already set up to order to specify if its good but right now, i got practice! damn it! in door soccer and then baseball trainign and then after dinner, boxing! i hate this regiment! somebody pelase help! i think i need a time manager more than a trainer or anythign else! jaha a psychologist would be nice too! jk..
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.14%

ok sorry nutra. but so taurine, glu-whatever, and waxy maize arent needed as much as wms?! so i should just spend more $$$ on wms than those other 3?! and which supps containing those do you suggest?! thanks yet again.
    glutamine (I think that's what you're thinking of) and Taurine are amino acids. Glutamine is the most abundant amino and should be in abundance in every protein powder you buy. Taurine...A lot of protein powders don't include taurine.

WMS is Waxy Maize Starch.

Torrent is probably the most comprehensive post workout shake...contains a blend of creatines, dextrose, malto, wms, amino's, whey, hydro whey, etc.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%

ok thank you. outta all my posts in AM that was the most foward and specific answer i ever seen. thanks. one more time tho- which wms and taurine products you recommend?! or dont bother?! thanks
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.9%

for bulking I use muscle milk. If i want to cut I use ON gold
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.14%

ok thank you. outta all my posts in AM that was the most foward and specific answer i ever seen. thanks. one more time tho- which wms and taurine products you recommend?! or dont bother?! thanks
    Taurine has it's benefits...but I've only supplemented it to elleviate back pumps. (I used the nutraplanet bulk taurine powder).

if you're going to get WMS then I'd just get the nutraplanet bulk...you can get 3.3lbs for like $12.50 (I think).
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

Get these in bulk from Nutra planet. you can choose between 100g, 500g, or 1 kilo. I would suggest starting at 100g in order to decide whether or not you want to continue to use it.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/search?query=taurine+powder

Same with Waxy Maize Starch (WMS) the 3.3 pounds is dirt cheap and will last you forever.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...ze-3-3-lb.html
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.42%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

IMO, when i am deciding between proteins I look at the Leucine profile in the protein. Leucine is very important in protein synthesis.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I guess while on cycle, it would not be a good idea to use torrent because of the creatine. Am I correct in this thought?
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.14%

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    I guess while on cycle, it would not be a good idea to use torrent because of the creatine. Am I correct in this thought?
    I think this is a matter of prefference...a lot of people cycle off creatine while ON.

personally, I just think it's a great product for post workout...especially when trying to bulk!
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    creatine on cycle is a tossup. Its not as important on cycle as during pct, but there really isn't any significant negative to it unless you are taking crazy amounts of it
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.74%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    creatine on cycle is a tossup. Its not as important on cycle as during pct, but there really isn't any significant negative to it unless you are taking crazy amounts of it
    Agreed!

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

Similar Forum Threads

1. WHATS YOUR TAKE ON SOY PROTEIN?
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 06:10 AM
  3. WHATS THE BEST PROTEIN??
    By willforwill in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
  4. Did you know ON makes more then protein????
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 06:38 PM