B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Health And Wellness Following The Baby Boomers

If you are a "Baby Boomer", you have noticed that your health may be a bit different than in your younger years. I am not a "B-Boomer", but I am right behind you! I am in my 30's and notice things don't sit the way they did when I was in my 20's! Ah, The good ol' days! When gravity didn't affect me as much, and I could eat pizza without seeing it appear quickly on my legs and belly, as well as behind me. But such is this time of our life. So, what are we to do? What are the things that affect us the most. We are all different, some more fit than others, some more stressed , and some, unfortunately, with greater physical needs. Some of us, if not most, are affected by aches and pains of one kind or another.

Joint pain, allergies, weight challenges, or just feeling stressed and run down from poor diet. I take that back, not "just stressed". That is the main cause of illness today. Stress can change your health on a cellular level. Check the medical journals, and make your own assessments. The fact remains, stress is a major problem today with all age groups, but we have the "baby boomers " to thank for being a massive part of those studies. The one's affected most by stress, pollution, poor diet, and the "at the time" undiscovered risks involved. Food additives, smoking, and other things we only learned can be damaging AFTER it began affecting them. But now is the time to counteract the things that damage us.

Should one bother to start taking care of themselves now? Absolutely! How? There are many ways. If you are bothered by your weight, you should definitely start some physical activity, but only after your doctor gives you the green light ! Some people may have underlying physical limitations they may not be aware of ! When I worked in a popular vitamin and supplement shop, a woman entered and asked for weight loss pills, a.k.a. "fat burners". I asked her if she had any heart problems in her family history, and she replied, "Yes, I got the problem from these pills, here..." as she pointed to a top selling "thermogenic" or "fat burning" pill. She had taken them without regard that she had a history of heart problems, and was STILL wanting to take a fat burning pill!! Walking and 10 glasses of water a day is still the best way to start raising your metabolism. Please, before you run down to your local health, or vitamin shop, check with your doctor, ask what he thinks about the supplements you wish to use, and check with the company that produces them. If you have a family history of serious, or potentially serious medical problems, you need to cover your bases, and be informed. Ask any relatives if your grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., have any hereditary medical problems. Some physical traits, and underlying problems can go back several generations, so use great caution.

The same goes for physical exercise! I thought I was Wonder Woman when I was 29, after a large weight gain, and decided to get serious fast! Too serious, and too fast! I compressed 2 disks while failing to stretch and warm up. I was also doing the exercises "incorrectly". It took me 3 years to recover. Some aren't as lucky. Some damage, that takes only a split second to happen, can last a lifetime. Painfully limiting you for good.Take 15 minutes or more to stretch properly, then start your exercising. You have a plethora of references to choose from on correct exercise techniques these days! Please, use them! The ideal is a well trained , certified personal trainer. There are affordable health clubs in most cities, that offer a few FREE sessions with one of their certified trainers, to get you on the right track. The alternative is studying exercises yourself. Get a reputable magazine on fitness. There are quite a few, and I enjoy several. The tips are great, and most can even be looked up online. Do a Google search, or Yahoo!, and see what comes up.

What vitamins and supplements should you use? What is the best? There are several good brands available, mostly available at health food stores. The best ones are the "natural vitamins". The others are synthetic, and most of those can't be absorbed into the body. You should take your vitamins and herbal supplements with food, and plenty of water for your body to absorb them properly. Herbal supplements and vitamins taken on an empty stomach can just wash right through your system, not being absorbed the way they should be! Never take vitamin C or ZINC on an empty stomach. It can severely upset your stomach, and cause severe nausea or vomiting.

When I worked in a supplement and vitamin shop, people always complained about the prices.They'd say,"I don't want to pay so much just for vitamins, and supplements! It's too much!" Is it? Really? Most people will spend ridiculous amounts of money on things that won't benefit their body or mind , improve their health, or relieve pain, but will spend for anything else. Ironic, isn't it? A great pair of heels on sale for $85, that will hurt your feet after nearly 1/2 an hour of walking in them, or cool socks for the top of your golf clubs...is that worth more than your health? I didn't think so. Well, unless you are more committed to shoes or golf clubs, of course. But when it comes to your health, you should be taking care of it. Most people don't appreciate it, until it starts to deteriorate. You think I thought twice about my lower back health until I injured it? Not really. Did I think about my great energy levels until they started depleting? Nope ! We all do now, don't we! The right diet and exercise will always help, and the supplements you need are based on what your body tells you.

First, doctor approving of course, a good multi-vitamin. I choose to use Lifepak Nano, by Pharmanex. It uses "nano technology" to deliver what your body needs on a molecular level. Also, Essential Fatty Acids, like Marine Omega. Why? It is a natural anti-inflammatory and benefits EVERY part of the body. Everything! Skin, hair, organs, blood vessels, joints, brain function...all of it! Why do you think your mom or grandmother chased you around the house with that cod liver oil on a spoon?! Ask around, it was a common practice in the early part of the 20th century. My mom tells me about her mother doing it her in Ireland. She tried that with my brother and me a few times, but we could run faster than she could. It is one of the best things you can put in your body. Most seafood is so high in mercury levels, we can only eat it once or twice a week safely.

That is why this is a key in your supplemental health. After those two are acquired into your health regimen, you must ask yourself, " What else would be helpful to my health?" Joint pain? There are exceptional joint formula products available,such as Pharmanex Cartilage Formula. Menopause, or hormonal imbalances? Try Estera. There are Phase I for childbearing years helping maintain healthy hormone levels, and mood balance when usually needed. It does contain Chasteberry, which is a key ingredient, and can counter-act the birth control pill. I used Chasteberry for the first time when I suffered from PMS, and was trying to conceive my second child. It helped for both those reasons. I was less moody, and soon pregnant! I have recommended it several times to couples trying to conceive, who came to the vitamin and supplement store where I worked, and they returned to me grateful, and expecting. I am thankful for that. Phase II is for "perimenopausal years", and helps with mild mood swings, hot flashes, and occasional anxiousness. Phase III is the maintenance formula for "postmenopausal years". Digestive health, Vein health, Eye Formula, and Immune System support products are also available.

If extra weight is an issue, I recommend TRA and HTP complex. I use them in my weight loss regimen, and appreciate their "stimulant free" quality. HTP complex balances serotonin levels, which helps you feel positive while losing weight. The TRA complex is a "natural thermogenic" product, helping the body burn fat more effectively when exercising. There are other weight loss products available, as well, all working to help achieve a desired goal. There are great products available for energy levels, such as Energy Formula, and CordyMax Cs-4, for vitality and stamina, while cutting down on fatigue.

Other products available cover a wide range of personal needs from cellular protection, anxiety, bone health, cardiovascular health, and much more. There is even a great product that helps provide your body with antioxidants it needs, and doesn't usually get, due to poor food quality. It is the main reason for supplemental health needs. The soil isn't as plentiful with the minerals the body needs, and therefore what comes from it is lacking in vitamins and minerals. Combine that with food that is irradiated, and what is left for the body to absorb? Mostly empty substance. G3 is derived from the "Gac" fruit found in Southern Asia. Healthy eating habits, high antioxidants from naturally rich fruits and vegetables, help contribute to the well known longer lifespan found in Asia. G3 has an abundance of antioxidants, and great health benefits missing from our everyday fruits and vegetables.

And in addition to your new physical outlook, please keep in mind, the "stress factor". Stress is serious, and can damage you body, mind and spirit. I highly recommend taking the time to "re-create yourself". It's what recreation means to do. If you take time to rest, enjoy a hobby, or a walk, read, or create something -if you've tried it before or not, it would do your mind a world of good. Everyone needs down time. Time to enjoy existing, on a peaceful, creative level. Play with your dog, take a pottery or painting class, or just walk in the park. Find the time to focus on what makes you feel good just being alive. Visualize it, and write it down.Take the time to be thankful for what you have and love in life. A positive outlook, and mental attitude will carry you a long way. Also take time to pray or meditate, or just be still in a quiet place, and feel joy for all your good qualities. Learn to appreciate yourself, as well as others. I greatly recommend checking out books of self improvement at your local book store. They have great books on positive thinking, and the benefits it has on our health. I want you to feel awesome!

For more information on the products mentioned above, please visit www.liseguillet.com, and see "feel awesome" to see what products will benefit your life. Each product comes with information pages, and benefits information. There is a friendly well trained staff available to answer your product questions at 1-800-487-1000. Pharmanex is a brand of Nu Skin Enterprises , a great company that does a lot of good for people all around the world, as well as here at home. I hope you enjoy your new start on health, and enjoy the benefits of a long, and very healthy, active life. All the best to you!

Lise Guillet is an Independent Distributor for Nu Skin Enterprises. Please see "feel awesome" at http://www.liseguillet.com for more information on Pharmanex products. You can contact Lise Guillet via e-mail : [email protected] or Toll Free:1-866-781-9116

By: Lise Guillet