What type of creatine is best?

testotony

Awards
I used creatine years ago but now they have so many types out.
Which is best and why between:
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Gluconate

I tend to hold water easily so I would like to avoid that as much as possible.

Thanks!

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Mono is the safest route, CEE isn't the greatest. Gluconate is pretty good though also.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I have had best results with mono

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used creatine years ago but now they have so many types out.
Which is best and why between:
Creatine Ethyl Ester
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Gluconate

I tend to hold water easily so I would like to avoid that as much as possible.

Thanks!
Creatine monohydrate has been proved time and again to be a supplement that works (Burke, et al., 2006).

As for holding water, creatine WILL cause you to hold INTRAcellular water (i.e. this gives the 'fuller' look); it does not however hold EXTRAcellular water (i.e. this is what causes bloating). And if you're too worried about this, there ARE creatine products out there that will NOT do this: NeoVar Recomped, Cre-02, and Kre-Alkalyn, to name a few.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
mono is the most studied, and it also has been shown to be the most stable. contrary to popular belief. i stick with mono, cheapest and most reliable.

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
CREAPURE
-Prolab
-Iss Research
-Ultimate Nutrition
-Optimum Nutrition
-Universal Nutrition

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
In the creatine realm, where would you guys rate neovar?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I would put Neovar Recomped in the top 3 creatine products, because of its nutrient partitioning abilities.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
i had great results from cellmass when i was on it. I believe its a CEE creatine...then i realized i could go to NP and order CEE online in bulk and save 40 bucks a pop

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If you have trouble retaining water then the answer to me is very clear. You sir need some Cre-02.

Just about every tester reported strength gains while DROPPING water weight. First ever enteric coated creatine matrix. Check it :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In the creatine realm, where would you guys rate neovar?
It's okay - do enjoy partitioners. Can give me the runs a little.

but as far as creatine goes, mono works well for me, and it's cheap. :thumbsup:

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
I've read numerous articles on this debate. What works best I've found from others and my own trials is regular monohydrate after my workout along with some high GI carbs... Fruit juice is great too.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
Monohydrate.

I've seen some disspointing studies on CEE

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
So without all the scientific mumbo jumbo, and rather in simple layman's terms: If I want the water filled muscles, then go with plain old mono, but something like neovar if I don't want the water? Hey call me simple, I don't like having to sif thru lingo. Did enough of that during psyops training, and english literature.....who gives a fcuk what macbeth (shakespear) is saying or trying to say,lol. K.I.S.S for me guys

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would put Neovar Recomped in the top 3 creatine products, because of its nutrient partitioning abilities.
x 2; NeoVar Recomped is not JUST a creatine product, but acts as a nutrient repartitioner and insulin mimic as well. (Note: IMO, Cre-02 and Kre-Alkalyn are the other choices in the top 3 creatine products avaialable (in that order), for different reasons).

So without all the scientific mumbo jumbo, and rather in simple layman's terms: If I want the water filled muscles, then go with plain old mono, but something like neovar if I don't want the water? Hey call me simple, I don't like having to sif thru lingo. Did enough of that during psyops training, and english literature.....who gives a fcuk what macbeth (shakespear) is saying or trying to say,lol. K.I.S.S for me guys
No, you will STILL get INTRAcellular water (i.e. in the muscles), regardless of WHAT type of creatine that you use. Whether or not you get EXTRAcellular water (i.e. outside the muscles) will depend on the product that you use.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
x 2; NeoVar Recomped is not JUST a creatine product, but acts as a nutrient repartitioner and insulin mimic as well. (Note: IMO, Cre-02 and Kre-Alkalyn are the other choices in the top 3 creatine products avaialable (in that order), for different reasons).

No, you will STILL get INTRAcellular water (i.e. in the muscles), regardless of WHAT type of creatine that you use. Whether or not you get EXTRAcellular water (i.e. outside the muscles) will depend on the product that you use.
So which is better, intra or extra? And why would I want one or the other? Hope not too many questions.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
wow apparently i am the only person who had positive results with CEE

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So which is better, intra or extra? And why would I want one or the other? Hope not too many questions.
INTRAcellular water gives your muscles that 'full' and harder look. EXTRAcellular water causes what can be known as 'bloat' or 'water retention', and gives that soft, smooth look.

Intra is preferable over extra. But each individual is different. You may respond to a creatine product (or not at all) and have different effects than someone else.

Not too many questions. But I DO suggest you do some personal research; there is PLENTY of literature out there.

wow apparently i am the only person who had positive results with CEE
I wouldn't say results were an issue; my strength and muscle mass gains were no different on CEE than CM.

However, the CEE fcuked up my bloods something weird.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
i dunno it helped me put on a ton of weight when combined with a high carb high protein diet....it probably wasnt as big of a factor as the diet....but since ive been off creatine i havent continued to gain as fast....this could also be due to the fact that it is harder to continually eat more and more food to keep growing

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creapure no questions asked.