dizziness/tiredness during work out

flex13

Awards
Hey bros for the past week or so my workouts havent really been to successful! I wake up around 8 in the morning have one shake (46grams/protein) and have about the spoonfulls of natural peanut butter along with 2 prime pills, 2 diesel test pills, 1 cla pill and 2 scoops of jacked. I have been feeling great driving to the gym thinking what a good workout I will get it. Then I get to the gym get through doing like 2 different exercises and I start sweating like crazy but I always sweat real bad and then I feel like a dizziness feeling come on. Its like I cant do anymore sets because I get all dizzy and like a nauseous feeling. Then about 10 minutes after i leave the gym I am fine. It is not the jacked because today I lifted without taking the jacked and the same thing occured!

I am not sure what is causing this??? Should i tried to get some more carbs in before workouts or something?? Any help will be much appreciated.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Get you some BCAA. LG Sciences has a nice deal for the price. Or get you some Intra-Aid by universal nutrition. This will help. Plus eat plenty of food during day.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
is your carb intake fairly low? sounds like you're running out of an energy source.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
yep. food would be first thing to look @. Hope your not trying to diet and your doin the no to low food plan.

flex13

Awards
I am drinking plenty of water. I am not sure how many cards I get it but my diet looks like this:

shake
3 spoonfulls natty peanut buter
5 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
another shake
either ground meat, chickenbreast, or another 5 eggs
yogurt
1 more shake before bed

flex13

Awards
Looks like your protein is too low.
It is not the protein because I have never really experienced these problems training even harder then I am now. I get in three shakes of 46 grams a shake plus the eggs/meat/or chicken.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Could be orthostatic hypotension, some times its induced by high doses of pain pills. Blood pressure, exposure to exhaust, carbon monoxide, food or supplement allergies, ear infection, ear canal impacted with wax. Is there medical help available?

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
My guess is hypoglycemia. I suffer from this. If I don't get the same amount of carbs/protein 6-7 times a day, I get sick and suffer major headaches. Nausea, dizziness, irritability, its all there.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This could be any of the problems stated above. The best thing to do is to double check everything once again, and if you are unsure or think it is a larger problem, see a doctor to be 100% sure.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I am drinking plenty of water. I am not sure how many cards I get it but my diet looks like this:

shake
5 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
another shake
yogurt
1 more shake before bed
ur 205 and thats all u eat all day long? no fruit no vegetables? only 1 source of complex carbs 1 time during the day?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I am a picky eater. I never have liked fruits or vegies
try a multi vitamin. and one day add up the cals you eat you'll probably be suprised how little you're eating

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I'm just curious but what's your daily caloric intake?

I'm 175 and I just want to add you to the list of big guys I hate because they don't have to eat anywhere near as much as I do for maintenance. :trout:

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I'm just curious but what's your daily caloric intake?

I'm 175 and I just want to add you to the list of big guys I hate because they don't have to eat anywhere near as much as I do for maintenance. :trout:
sounds like me. if i don't stuff myself constantly i stay around 175. most i've ever been up to was 189 but that was while living at school eating crap food.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
sounds like me. if i don't stuff myself constantly i stay around 175. most i've ever been up to was 189 but that was while living at school eating crap food.
Yea I got up to about 188 last year on a modified Squats and Milk program but it was too much weight to quickly (30lbs in 6 weeks) and I felt crappy because I wasn't used to carrying around so much fat. Plus I had to buy bigger pants :nono:

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey bros for the past week or so my workouts havent really been to successful! I wake up around 8 in the morning have one shake (46grams/protein) and have about the spoonfulls of natural peanut butter along with 2 prime pills, 2 diesel test pills, 1 cla pill and 2 scoops of jacked. I have been feeling great driving to the gym thinking what a good workout I will get it. Then I get to the gym get through doing like 2 different exercises and I start sweating like crazy but I always sweat real bad and then I feel like a dizziness feeling come on. Its like I cant do anymore sets because I get all dizzy and like a nauseous feeling. Then about 10 minutes after i leave the gym I am fine. It is not the jacked because today I lifted without taking the jacked and the same thing occured!

I am not sure what is causing this??? Should i tried to get some more carbs in before workouts or something?? Any help will be much appreciated.

More carbs? You really don't have any except for the trace carbs in PB...fuel your workout...IMO bro yes you need carbs!

I would suggest...Pro shake, 1 TBspoon PB, 1 cup(dry measurement) Old fashioned Oatmeal cooked with splenda....thats 50+ grams of carbs right there...I think you'll see a world of difference

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ur 205 and thats all u eat all day long? no fruit no vegetables? only 1 source of complex carbs 1 time during the day?
I agree. He needs to revamp his diet. Food choices isnt the problem. Its you need more volume for your weight, more carbs and need to balance your meals more...of course all dependent on your goals

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like hypoglycaemia

shake
5 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
another shake
yogurt
1 more shake before bed
For your size, you are definitely not eating ENOUGH. Hell, I'm only HALF your size and I eat at least TWICE as much as that. You're not having enough carbohydrates OR protein. I would SERIOUSLY take a long, hard look at your diet, and sort it out!!!

My guess is hypoglycemia. I suffer from this. If I don't get the same amount of carbs/protein 6-7 times a day, I get sick and suffer major headaches. Nausea, dizziness, irritability, its all there.
I'm tending to agree with BabyHulk. Sounds like all the signs/symptoms of hypoglycaemia.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
way more carbs brotha. if you do that cup of oats 3x per day, one before workout, this problem will go away.

flex13

Awards
Ya i am going to start eating the three cup oats a day and also add some xtend half before workout and the other half towards the middle. What do u fellas think about xtend.

Also I tweaked my diet to shred up a little thats why the carbs are so low but it is affecting my workout so much i cant do as much as i want....hopefully adding more carbs is what i need but i have been on a diet like this before and didnt run into these problems

flex13

Awards
As for my protein intake I think it is fine. I do not really think protein would have that much of an impact on my endurance and problems

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

shake
5 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
another shake
yogurt
1 more shake before bed

But then again, this diet sucks!!! No fruit? You at least need some veggies. Even when I am dieting, I would feel like I am dying if I don't supplement with those low carb freeze dried greens/veggie/fruit extract powders for my shakes (something like Biotest's Superfood), and a REALLY good multi...not to mention magnesium and potassium. Aren't you cramping up like crazy on this diet?

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
But then again, this diet sucks!!! No fruit? You at least need some veggies. Even when I am dieting, I would feel like I am dying if I don't supplement with those low carb freeze dried greens/veggie/fruit extract powders for my shakes (something like Biotest's Superfood), and a REALLY good multi...not to mention magnesium and potassium. Aren't you cramping up like crazy on this diet?
What is this Biotest Superfood you speak of?

If it's not on nutraplanet it must not exist!!! :confused:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
go see a doctor, if your getting dizzy from exercising, more supps is NOT the answer, in fact i would stop all supps immediately.

and make sure your eating fruits/veggies for the potassium.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
The most important meal of the day is about 60-80 minutes before your workout. Carbohydrates are a must.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wheat pasta is delicious!!!!
yes it is. and one of my fav's is brown rice pasta...its fantastic...made with organic brown rice and water...very good flavor...I get it at Trader Joes

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Ya i am going to start eating the three cup oats a day and also add some xtend half before workout and the other half towards the middle. What do u fellas think about xtend.

Also I tweaked my diet to shred up a little thats why the carbs are so low but it is affecting my workout so much i cant do as much as i want....hopefully adding more carbs is what i need but i have been on a diet like this before and didnt run into these problems
brotha, give the carbs a shot and see if it fixes it. what used to work for you is not a perfect glimpse of the future. if the carbs fail to correct this problem, you may want to see a doctor.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Well there is more to eating vegetables than the vitamin or mineral content. Theres the dietary fibre and alkalinity aspects.
If you eat acids, ie.

shake
5 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
another shake
yogurt
1 more shake before bed

The only alkaline thing on this list is whey protein, so your balance is waay off.
You need to eat more of the fruits and vegetables you do like or tolerate, not just for energy but for the rest of your life.

Wheat grass and spinach are two very alkaline foods and a once a day "greens" supplement high in both may be part of the solution for you.
Being "picky" is stupid to me becasue your tastebuds are not the only reasons humans eat.
Man up eat healthy, get energy and be better, the answer to all your problems.

I could go on and on about the side effects of this protein focused acidic diet, but in short, weakness, disease and cancer are at the top of your concerns.

flex13

Awards
Well there is more to eating vegetables than the vitamin or mineral content. Theres the dietary fibre and alkalinity aspects.
If you eat acids, ie.

shake
5 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
another shake
yogurt
1 more shake before bed

The only alkaline thing on this list is whey protein, so your balance is waay off.
You need to eat more of the fruits and vegetables you do like or tolerate, not just for energy but for the rest of your life.

Wheat grass and spinach are two very alkaline foods and a once a day "greens" supplement high in both may be part of the solution for you.
Being "picky" is stupid to me becasue your tastebuds are not the only reasons humans eat.
Man up eat healthy, get energy and be better, the answer to all your problems.

I could go on and on about the side effects of this protein focused acidic diet, but in short, weakness, disease and cancer are at the top of your concerns.
What exactly is wheat grass bro? And are there any other options to replace the greens i am missing

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The most important meal of the day is about 60-80 minutes before your workout. Carbohydrates are a must.
Not so much for CKD'ers or low carb dieters.
It's all relative. People in ketosis don't need carbs for energy.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is this Biotest Superfood you speak of?

If it's not on nutraplanet it must not exist!!! :confused:

Nutraplanet has some good "green's substitute" powder packs. GoGreens I think it's called. Good product, I use it along with superfood to make sure I am getting enough of the goodness.

Superfood is only available on t-nation or directly from Biotest I think.

flex13

Awards
Thanks for the good info fellas. I am def gona purhase one of these tomor. How is the taste?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet has some good "green's substitute" powder packs. GoGreens I think it's called. Good product, I use it along with superfood to make sure I am getting enough of the goodness.

Superfood is only available on t-nation or directly from Biotest I think.
spirulina - it is the superfood

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
A greens formula is part of the equation, if you can snack on veggies once or twice i day i guaratee that these issues will lessen before dissapearing.

Snack on carrots, with ranch if neccessary.
Eat a salad once a day with lunch or dinner (bowl size).
Snack on celery with peanut butter if neccessary.
Eat tomatoes, if your not big on raw tomatoes try it with salt and pepper or bake at 350 for 10 mins with dill, cheese, sea salt and pepper and a sprinkle of olive oil.
Bananas with spots (fully ripe) are alkaline whearas green tipped bananas are acid forming.
Apples are alkaline, watermelon, lemon and lime aer acidic but have an alkaline result in the body so season your fish or chicken with lemon or lime.
Asparatame is prolly worse for you than the additional calories so drink regular or pop sweetended with splenda if you must drink pop.

Pop, coffee, tobacco, alcohol and medication are very acidic. Often excercise can aggrevate your symptoms when your body is starving of fruit and vegetables (alkaline sources).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Taste is pretty good on the GoGreens

Biotest Superfood is unflavored though. Spirulina is good, but Biotest's Superfood has an amazing ingredient profile. 10-12 servings worth of fruit anti-oxidants and other good stuff in one tablespoon. I don't want to sound like I'm whoring them but this product really is that good. It's a staple of mine.

BERRIES

Wild Blueberry (1.5% anthocyanin)

Raspberry (20% allagic acid, 0.7% anthocyanins)

Strawberry

Acai Berry (1.5% total phenolic acids, 1% anthocyanins)

Coffee Berry (50% total phenolic acids)

Goji Berry

Pomegranate (40% ellagic acid)

VEGETABLES

Broccoli Sprout (5000 ppm sulforophane)

Kale

Spinach (700 ppm lutein)

Wasabi (20% glucosinolates)

Wild Yam (20% diosgenin)

Green Tea (95% total polyphenols, 65% total catechins, 40% EGCG)

OTHER FRUITS

Apple

Orange (40% vitamin C)

Mango

Passion fruit

Watermelon (1000 ppm lycopene)

(Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) ORAC value of 5315. Really high for a product of this type.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Look at Juice Plus. They have multiple items. I use almost all their stuff from time to time. Orchard blend (whole fruits), Garden Blend (whole Veggies), and Vineyard (berries), and they also have a all in one supplement shake thats great in vanilla. The orchard blend, garden blend, and vineyard are all in capsule form

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This reminds me, I really need to buy a juicer soon too. That and a reverse osmosis water filtration system.