GH booster

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone!

From all the GH boosters out there, which substance(s) has the strongest scientific evidence to support it's effectiveness?
Someone whom has experience on those substance(s) speak up! :D

Cheers!

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
ive done a bit of research on these types of supps. there is some scientific evidence that large doses of L arginine and L orthinine may help boost gh, and these are almost always the main ingridients in gh secretagogue type products, along with a few herbs; maca.

these amino acids may have some impact on increasing gh, but there are simpler ways that you can increase your body's own gh production that are free; for the most part. do some research on this, search google, there is some info out there that is not tainted by marketing ploys and focuses on nothing more than scientific evidence. Sleep is the most important thing to focus on if you want to raise gh production, then omit the consumption of sugary, starchy foods within a few hours of bedtime. high blood sugar levels do not favor GH production. that is a very good approach and you should focus on doing these things before buying more supps.

i really believe that sleep=training=diet meaning that these things are equally important.

anything that can enhance your quality of sleep is good for gh production, try melatonin, and get your sleep cycle as consistant as you can, ie. go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day. also, remember that pre bedtime alcohol will Kill your gh production.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
Arginine and melatonin are the best that I know of.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
GABA/L-Dopa/Arginine/Melatonin are the ones i know and love. Most are better before bet as thats when the most GH tends to be released. Deeper REM ccle sleep more GH output also.
Goodluck and enjoy. I realy liked SomnidrenGH by Millenium. Otherwise i buy the bulk stuff off Nutra i listed above.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah dont wanna hijack or nothin, but if a doctor gives you a sleep medicine (clonidine) to hep with regular sleep patterns and give you deeper sleep, will that help GH??
i know its a stupid question but, if it "knocks" you out will it still be REM sleep?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
ive done a bit of research on these types of supps. there is some scientific evidence that large doses of L arginine and L orthinine may help boost gh, and these are almost always the main ingridients in gh secretagogue type products, along with a few herbs; maca.

these amino acids may have some impact on increasing gh, but there are simpler ways that you can increase your body's own gh production that are free; for the most part. do some research on this, search google, there is some info out there that is not tainted by marketing ploys and focuses on nothing more than scientific evidence. Sleep is the most important thing to focus on if you want to raise gh production, then omit the consumption of sugary, starchy foods within a few hours of bedtime. high blood sugar levels do not favor GH production. that is a very good approach and you should focus on doing these things before buying more supps.

i really believe that sleep=training=diet meaning that these things are equally important.

anything that can enhance your quality of sleep is good for gh production, try melatonin, and get your sleep cycle as consistant as you can, ie. go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day. also, remember that pre bedtime alcohol will Kill your gh production.
Solid advice...

1) Deep restful sleep 2) heavy compound lifts (especially squats) 3) supplementation/diet (which has minimal effect). There are a few compounds that may promote GH release slightly but the majority of "GH Boosters" are bunk.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Is USP Labs: PowerFULL a good product?
I took it not too long ago. just the a sample pack with 10 caps. I took 2 a night for 5 straight days. during the 3rd day my libido was really high. then the 4th and the 5th. More than the previous couple months. I tried figuring out what supplement i was taking could have caused this. or maybe just my workout that changed up. the only thing I could think out was powerfull. that's the only thing close that could have been it. I felt good in the AM plus libido was really noticable. Just what i noticed about it in 5days. maybe just placebo but something happened.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I took it not too long ago. just the a sample pack with 10 caps. I took 2 a night for 5 straight days. during the 3rd day my libido was really high. then the 4th and the 5th. More than the previous couple months. I tried figuring out what supplement i was taking could have caused this. or maybe just my workout that changed up. the only thing I could think out was powerfull. that's the only thing close that could have been it. I felt good in the AM plus libido was really noticable. Just what i noticed about it in 5days. maybe just placebo but something happened.
The "PureSap" (Extracted Sapogenins from Chlorophytum Borivillanum, velvet bean) in PowerFull became known for this effect on libido. The Chlorophytum has historically been used in India as a Aphrodisiac and libido enhancing tonic. USPLabs are actually marketing a new PureSap based spin-off for well-being/sex drive now as well. I think that is what was causing your libido increase. Hey, at least it did something! I'm genuinely impressed. ;)

Chlorophytum Borivillanum, undergo enzymatic conversion of the Testes in order to produce Testoserone. It is thought this action is possible via the incredibly similar structure of Stigmasterol to Testerone. Further, the other sapogenins found in C.B., have been found to bind directly to AR without exerting intrinsic action at the receptor site – that is, while the compounds bind and therefore increases steroidal mRNA expression, and thereby increase protein synthesis and muscle mass, they do not modulate negative feeback loops. The limited clinical data reflects only increases, and not decreases, to endogenous Testosterone production from C.B. <-- This is a VERY favorable (and probably biased) write-up by USPLabs itself btw.

While indeed novel, the literature is pretty sparse and therefor unproven. Any real benefit to testosterone increase or protein synthesis is probably so low that its negligible in the real world (as with most of these "rare" herbs and extracts).

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Is USP Labs: PowerFULL a good product?
Its a very good product and it works extremely well. I have probably used 20+ bottles since the release. I have tried others, but just always came back.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I really am consisering using it during an upcoming pct! I was pleased with the 5 day results! I'm a pretty honest guy when it comes to supps and I do like jacked by them. Powerfull. And super cissus I'm on now. Still under review of that! Anabolic pump you rally need 2 bottles for it!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
yah dont wanna hijack or nothin, but if a doctor gives you a sleep medicine (clonidine) to hep with regular sleep patterns and give you deeper sleep, will that help GH??
i know its a stupid question but, if it "knocks" you out will it still be REM sleep?
Clonidine is supposed to be a powerful GH booster.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Solid advice...

1) Deep restful sleep 2) heavy compound lifts (especially squats) 3) supplementation/diet (which has minimal effect). There are a few compounds that may promote GH release slightly but the majority of "GH Boosters" are bunk.
explain? The ones that claim oral bioavailability of compounds like GHRP2/6 are but regualr supss sre not. Especially GABA which is a neurotransmitter/Amino.
I have been on long enough cocktail runs of GH prebed boosters and i can notice a difference for sure after a bit. Sleep obviously better. I wake up feeling more full more times than not. At one point i felt achy hands and feet which tends to be a sign of GH output.
Just curious as to what you meant by your statement.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
LGm Sciences I-GH-1 and USP PowerFULL are my current favorites.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
explain? The ones that claim oral bioavailability of compounds like GHRP2/6 are but regualr supss sre not. Especially GABA which is a neurotransmitter/Amino.
I have been on long enough cocktail runs of GH prebed boosters and i can notice a difference for sure after a bit. Sleep obviously better. I wake up feeling more full more times than not. At one point i felt achy hands and feet which tends to be a sign of GH output.
Just curious as to what you meant by your statement.
so can you remember the mix that cause you those effects? 'cause even though they are unpleasent effects (i'm talking about the achyness you've said you felt) they realy are a great and an extreme exemple of the GH boosting effect.
so I found by your statements that i can say that PowerFULL is considered a proven GH booster, so PowerFULL is a must try then :)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
so can you remember the mix that cause you those effects? 'cause even though they are unpleasent effects (i'm talking about the achyness you've said you felt) they realy are a great and an extreme exemple of the GH boosting effect.
so I found by your statements that i can say that PowerFULL is considered a proven GH booster, so PowerFULL is a must try then :)

It was from about month-2 use of 5on 2 off days of
4g GABA
1.5-3g Melatonin
400mg - L-dopa
Sometimes Valerian but that was not proven to boost GH just relax you.
I never used Powerfull because i love how GABA makes me feel, the "flush" and i just would rather pay about the same or a bit more for a longer run of it.

PowerFULL is said to have more effects than just GH/night sleep though.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
GHRP-6 and GHRP-2 are legal............you just have to pin yourself eachday

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
GHRP-6 and GHRP-2 are legal............you just have to pin yourself eachday
they are for research. There are products out that claim oral bioavailabilty and there it but the conversion and loss % are garbage.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
This makes no sense. Furthermore, PowerFULL is NOT a PROVEN GH booster. And if a claim of "GH booster" was ever made, I'd call it misleading.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yes they are for research, and you inject it subcutaneously or intramuscular.....however those are proven to raise GH over time.answering the OPs question that that is an option....if you would like to know more visit the "IGF-1/GH" section of the forum....and i agree, bioavalibility is terrible

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
PowerFULL can DOUBLE your natural human growth hormone production. Here are the studies:

Lin T, Tucci JR. Provocative tests of growth-hormone release. A comparison of results with seven stimuli. Ann Intern Med. 1974 Apr;80(4):464-9

Greenspan, S. et al (1991) “Dopaminergic regulation of gonadotropin and thyrotropin hormone secretion is altered with age” Horm Res 36:41-46.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
PowerFULL can DOUBLE your natural human growth hormone production. Here are the studies:

Lin T, Tucci JR. Provocative tests of growth-hormone release. A comparison of results with seven stimuli. Ann Intern Med. 1974 Apr;80(4):464-9

Greenspan, S. et al (1991) “Dopaminergic regulation of gonadotropin and thyrotropin hormone secretion is altered with age” Horm Res 36:41-46.
I will read those and get back to you. I will tell you that if peak GH values are used vs. AUC, it's not helpful. GH is a long-term substance. It has to be elevated above baseline for extended periods of time to be useful. A 100% increase based on a peak reading, which returns to baseline shortly after, isn't helpful to a BBer.

The analogy in performance auto parts is that between a supercharger and a nitrous kit for a endurance race. If you're in a long distance race, the supercharger will provide a significant, long-term HP increase. The nitrous kit will only provide short bursts which, in the long-term, isn't what the driver needs.

I will not comment further until I read the two articles.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
yes they are for research, and you inject it subcutaneously or intramuscular.....however those are proven to raise GH over time.answering the OPs question that that is an option....if you would like to know more visit the "IGF-1/GH" section of the forum....and i agree, bioavalibility is terrible
trust me im there and have been for awhile. Im still learnign alot, but i think the OP was looking more for OTC supp.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin, Tyrosine, L-dopa

GABA doesnt cross the blood brain barrier, no GH increase, just relaxation and better sleep.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah, all that has been said above by "the godfather" i cant think of anything else really.......what you should do is go to the doctor and tell him your having trouble sleeping and you want to try clonidine, i really like that stuff, it works great, and apparently it raises GH aswell......its pretty cheap to

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
yah, all that has been said above by "the godfather" i cant think of anything else really.......what you should do is go to the doctor and tell him your having trouble sleeping and you want to try clonidine, i really like that stuff, it works great, and apparently it raises GH aswell......its pretty cheap to
Here's a study I just posted today that shows the GH peak for clonidine (CLO), among other GH releasers. In this study, it shows a weak GH response. I another study I read, it didn't have any significant affect.

Again, note that you are looking at PEAK GH response, and not AUC (Area Under the Curve). Interesting nonetheless.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/98363-dat-s-cjc-27.html#post1706775

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah they use it for lots of other stuff like Blood pressure, adhd.......so thats why im so surprised ......and what else does it raise?? anything?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will read those and get back to you. I will tell you that if peak GH values are used vs. AUC, it's not helpful. GH is a long-term substance. It has to be elevated above baseline for extended periods of time to be useful. A 100% increase based on a peak reading, which returns to baseline shortly after, isn't helpful to a BBer.

The analogy in performance auto parts is that between a supercharger and a nitrous kit for a endurance race. If you're in a long distance race, the supercharger will provide a significant, long-term HP increase. The nitrous kit will only provide short bursts which, in the long-term, isn't what the driver needs.

I will not comment further until I read the two articles.
Most LD/Mucuna Pruriens L., comparative studies measure onset, peak serum concentrations, latency to peak concentrations, as well as AUC (measuring area under peak concentration) as key components in LD and naturopathic LD-related modalities; as the vast majority of Mucuna-related research is centered around treating PD, the AUCs, and not peak-concentrations, are key points of analysis!

Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson's disease: a double blind clinical and pharmacological study. Katzenschlager R, et al.

National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK.

BACKGROUND: The seed powder of the leguminous plant, Mucuna pruriens has long been used in traditional Ayurvedic Indian medicine for diseases including parkinsonism. We have assessed the clinical effects and levodopa (L-dopa) pharmacokinetics following two different doses of mucuna preparation and compared them with standard L-dopa/carbidopa (LD/CD). METHODS: Eight Parkinson's disease patients with a short duration L-dopa response and on period dyskinesias completed a randomised, controlled, double blind crossover trial. Patients were challenged with single doses of 200/50 mg LD/CD, and 15 and 30 g of mucuna preparation in randomised order at weekly intervals. L-dopa pharmacokinetics were determined, and Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale and tapping speed were obtained at baseline and repeatedly during the 4 h following drug ingestion. Dyskinesias were assessed using modified AIMS and Goetz scales. RESULTS: Compared with standard LD/CD, the 30 g mucuna preparation led to a considerably faster onset of effect (34.6 v 68.5 min; p = 0.021), reflected in shorter latencies to peak L-dopa plasma concentrations. Mean on time was 21.9% (37 min) longer with 30 g mucuna than with LD/CD (p = 0.021); peak L-dopa plasma concentrations were 110% higher and the area under the plasma concentration v time curve (area under curve) was 165.3% larger (p = 0.012).[/B] No significant differences in dyskinesias or tolerability occurred. CONCLUSIONS: The rapid onset of action and longer on time without concomitant increase in dyskinesias on mucuna seed powder formulation suggest that this natural source of L-dopa might possess advantages over conventional L-dopa preparations in the long term management of PD. Assessment of long term efficacy and tolerability in a randomised, controlled study is warranted.
Further, trials with HP200 (crude preparation of Mucuna Pruriens L., standardized to 4% L-DOPA) suggest that MP's pharmacokinetic profile in healthy, normal patients is similar to that of synthetic LD - suggesting that the results found in the Tucci and Greenspan studies [using 500mg synthetic LD] are directly translatable to preparations of Mucuna Pruriens L., In respects to USP Labs' PowerFULL, the MP is standardized to 50% L-DOPA for production, and per three caps contains approximately 500-550mg natural L-DOPA with postulated PDIs and/or independent LD enhancing adjuvants.

Bioavailability of L-DOPA from HP-200 - a Formulation of Seed Powder of Mucuna pruriens (Bak): a Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Study. S. S. Mahajani et al.

ABSTRACT
...The results indicate that on oral administration, L-DOPA was absorbed from HP-200 with plasma peak levels (Cmax=1.56±0.163 g/mL) achieved at Tmax=83±16.09 min. The plasma half life was 102±2 min and the auc was determined as 6.508±0.421 g/h/mL. The pharmacokinetic profile of HP-200 exhibited characteristics similar to formulations of synthetic L-DOPA, except for the lack of a sharp peak. HP-200, a new herbal formulation, appears to be suitable for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
It must be noted, also, that the Greenspan and Tucci studies above were using pure, synthetic LD without concomitant PDI (peripheral decarboxylase inhibitors) and/or COMT administration; trials comparing Mucuna Pruriens L., as well Sinemet (LD preparation with carbidopa) relate a demonstrated efficacy of 2-3x that of the standard LD used in the above studies. Essentially relating that 100mg of LD w/ concomitant PDI administration is equivalent to 500mg intravenously injected LD. Needless to say, the LD concentration in USP Labs' PowerFULL is sufficient enough to warrant a direct comparison with the studies found above.

The ones found below all utilized healthy, normal patients, and all elicited GH responses:

Boyd, A. et al (1970) “Stimulation of human-growth-hormone secretion by L-dopa” New Engl J Med 283: 1425-29.

Boden, G. et al (1971) “The influence of levodopa (L-dopa) on release of anterior pituitary hormones in man” Clin Res 19:716.

Ajlouni, K. et al (1975) “Effect of glucose on the growth hormone response to L-dopa in normal and diabetic subjects” Diabetes 24:633-36.

Finally, trials with MP on PD patients have reflected an GHRH and GH increase post-MP administration ; suggesting the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Axis is being positively affected by the neuroregenerative capacities of MP, producing greater AUC GH readings due to positive feedback.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin, Tyrosine, L-dopa

GABA doesnt cross the blood brain barrier, no GH increase, just relaxation and better sleep.
Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion...[Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008] - PubMed Result

400% Peak and 37x% AUC middle of the paragraph.

EDIT: I plan to try GABA after my WO over the summer. I tried it once and i had a chance to nap, it took it more just to relax and nap. If it shows to help its not a bad way to increase a little recovery.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I have had a hard time getting my hands on those studies Mullet. If you have the PDFs, please post them!

As I have mentioned in another thread, GH is not powerful stuff on its own. This is the underlying issue I have with firms claming that their product elicits a GH response. Sure, there is a response, but in terms of bb-ing, it's going to do nothing for the user.

I have been using two peptides that result in intense GH release for ~ 2 months. The synergism between these two peptides will absolutely blow the living $hit out of any OTC GH product in existence. I am probably getting an equiv. GH release of ~20IU GH ED. Am I a humongous mass monster? HELL NO! I hardly see any mass gains. I have gained some, but I no where near what AAS would give you. Also note that my limited gains have been after 2 months of use!

GH is only useful for BBing IF it's accompanied by AAS. It is even more potent with AAS + slin.

I don't really want to hear about products that claim there's an elevated plasma GH response because it's going to be worthless to BBers. $hit, with my ~20IU ENDOGENOUS GH ED I don't really see mass gains.

Interesting conversation nonetheless.

-Papa!-

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had a hard time getting my hands on those studies Mullet. If you have the PDFs, please post them!

As I have mentioned in another thread, GH is not powerful stuff on its own. This is the underlying issue I have with firms claming that their product elicits a GH response. Sure, there is a response, but in terms of bb-ing, it's going to do nothing for the user.

I have been using two peptides that result in intense GH release for ~ 2 months. The synergism between these two peptides will absolutely blow the living $hit out of any OTC GH product in existence. I am probably getting an equiv. GH release of ~20IU GH ED. Am I a humongous mass monster? HELL NO! I hardly see any mass gains. I have gained some, but I no where near what AAS would give you. Also note that my limited gains have been after 2 months of use!

GH is only useful for BBing IF it's accompanied by AAS. It is even more potent with AAS + slin.

I don't really want to hear about products that claim there's an elevated plasma GH response because it's going to be worthless to BBers. $hit, with my ~20IU ENDOGENOUS GH ED I don't really see mass gains.

-Papa!-

Definitely! Lucky for me, though, I never suggested body composition changes in that small commentary!

;)

In reality, I feel the Dopaminergic, neurorestorative and Testosterone-enhancing capacities of MP outweigh any possible benefit from endogenous GH increase!

:thumbsup:

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Definitely! Lucky for me, though, I never suggested body composition changes in that small commentary!

;)

In reality, I feel the Dopaminergic, neurorestorative and Testosterone-enhancing capacities of MP outweigh any possible benefit from endogenous GH increase!

:thumbsup:
Hey, I have no problem with that at all!!! I'm more interested in letting people know that GH is not some super substance that when increased will lead to hulk-like gains. It's a very weak mass builder on its own. Again, I'm commenting on its use for BBing purposes (mass building).

I am not directly commenting on Powerfull. I have never used it. I know nothing about it, except that it is in pill form and contains L-Dopa derived from a herbal source (MP). L-Dopa may do much more than increase GH. It is that increase in the 'other' stuff that may be of benefit to athletes. I have nothing against that :)

:cheers: Mullet!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
20IU ENDOGENOUS GH ED I don't really see mass gains.

-Papa!-

your recent pics tell a different story. Youre gettin big like papaBEAR!

n yes it is interesting.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So don't waste my money on PowerFULL? Get something else?

Not sure why i was quoted but i have never used powerfull. I could never get the urge to get it, but everyone that uses it says they like it. Soooooo i guess give it a shot if it interest you.