Pre Workout Supplements and Sleep

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.57%

Pre Workout Supplements and Sleep

I have a dilemma. I used to love NO Xplode, i know a lot of people don't like BSN here, but NO Xplode was good for me. Anyway...

The problem with NOXplode is that my workouts are usually at 8:30-9p.m., and for me, taking it anytime past 6-7 keeps me up until at LEAST 2.a.m. --which is odd for me, because I can drink a full lo-carb monster drink like 2 hours before bed and sleep like a baby...I dunno what it is about the NOXplode..

Anyone have a solution for a good preworkout supplement that will allow me to maintain energy, focus, pumps in the gym, and allow me to sleep within like 3-4 hours of taking it?

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Axis Labs HemodrauliX will accomplish what you are asking.
    I'm Back...
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

NOS ETHER, Caffeine-Free Ragnarok, etc. etc... i would personally look into NOS ether since its a great product... u can add a caffeine tablet with it if u feel u need some extra energy...
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.57%

thanx people!
  5. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

GABA,..... i have had the same problem with NO Shotgun. Sometimes ill miss a workout due to hefty schedule, and do one around 11-12, and wanna stay up late (obv the pre w/o shake is doin its job lol). Ill take 2 caps o' GABA and BAM!!! im out like a baby.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.97%

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    GABA,..... i have had the same problem with NO Shotgun. Sometimes ill miss a workout due to hefty schedule, and do one around 11-12, and wanna stay up late (obv the pre w/o shake is doin its job lol). Ill take 2 caps o' GABA and BAM!!! im out like a baby.
    Agreed as I have had success with this too. Gaba with some zma, or one of the multi mineral supps like ZMK or vpxs CMZ and most people can reverse the stimulation of almost any preworkout products. and if going caf free pre workout then I think Hemodraulix looks good too. So does Rag caff free. Cytosport Fast twitch lemonade flavor is caffeine frree and I've had some good workouts with it.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.95%

alr WTF is geared for only 45 - 55 minutes of stimulation. If your workouts are any longer than that youll need to add a little bit more per serving.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.57%

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post

This GABA idea sounds interesting. How's the next morning? There were a few times that i took half a benadryl to help me sleep, and i felt stoned the whole next morning, haha.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.97%

gaba hasn't really given me that feeling but I haven't used higher than 1500mg at once yet. However, Melatonin I have tried up to 10mg and depending on how much sleep I am able to get, 4mg of melatonin and up can cause me drogginess next morn.
  10. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eballarj View Post
    This GABA idea sounds interesting. How's the next morning? There were a few times that i took half a benadryl to help me sleep, and i felt stoned the whole next morning, haha.
    Only thing you gotta watch out for is tolerance, and not using it every nite. I found out when goin through my first bottle, that i built up a tolerance very quickly, as there was one week i used it every nite b/c i loved the sleep i was getting. Usually what ill do now is for 1 week maybe a nite on, nite off dosage; and the next week will be one night on, 2 nights off. Ive found i dont build up a tolerance that way. The sleep quality is great, no drowsiness in the morning, i dont think i even roll over during the night after it kicks in. You basicaly will wake up feeling like you had a "good nights" sleep.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 11:08 PM
  2. pre workout supplements which ones have you all used
    By Gym4Life in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 10:50 PM
  3. PCT supplements making it hard to sleep at night
    By ryaroberts in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
  4. sleep aid supplements