Misunderstood?

jfre07

Awards
Hey everyone, so im new to this site and ive been searching around trying to figure out whats out there and wanted some suggestions on what would help achieve my goals.

Well i am 19 , 6'2 and weigh around 170lb, I eat healthy and try to work out regularly. The only supplement I have ever used was Hydroxycut for 2 months during the this past summer which helped me go from 205 to 170. My goals are to loose some body fat , build about 10-20lbs of lean muscle and get a little more toned.

So far the only thing I had in mind was to use Mass Fx and Stack it with Lean Fx but idk im not really expericend in this field yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I would definitely suggest doing some more searching on the forum. There are SO many things to choose from. Do some research on hear as there are many experienced people on hear with logs on supps, advice, etc. ~freq~

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you need to recomp or bulk. there's no reason to loose 10-20 lbs. that's 6'2" and 150-160. i'd work on putting some muscle on to that frame before you try loosing some more weight.

what i mean by saying that is that at 6'2" and 150, if you got really sick - pneumonia, strep throat, etc - how much weight could you AFFORD to loose?

bulk, then cut, rinse, repeat, but trust me you do not want to get that skinny - IMO from personal experience.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
you need to recomp or bulk. there's no reason to loose 10-20 lbs. that's 6'2" and 150-160. i'd work on putting some muscle on to that frame before you try loosing some more weight.

what i mean by saying that is that at 6'2" and 150, if you got really sick - pneumonia, strep throat, etc - how much weight could you AFFORD to loose?

bulk, then cut, rinse, repeat, but trust me you do not want to get that skinny - IMO from personal experience.
SOME EXCELLENT POINTS THERE THAT MOST PEOPLE DO NOT CORROLATE WITH DROPPING DRASTIC WEIGHT W/O BULKING UP 1ST.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
look into a "clean bulk" and you'll find happiness.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Suncloud is on the money! there are many benefits to increasing lean body mass at this stage! remember that you can either gain LBM or lose fat...doing both at the same time is not very likely :sad:

do you know what your body fat % is?

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
i would say first focus on your training and exercise regimine, from what you said it seems like you have pretty good eating habbits. but as far as supplements go i would start off with a protein, waximaize, creatine mono, and multi. i would say this would prove to show you some results if your training and nutrition are in check. then after you see some results you could look into some other supps (pre workout supps, test boosters.. etc). i also agree with suncloud, you should look into a clean bulk. good luck!

jfre07

Awards
ya i know what you guys mean , so any personal favorites you guys prefer???

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
300 calories over maintenance, focus on heavy compound moves first, then isolation. quick guide would be

back - deadlifts
back - weighted pullups
biceps - cheat barbell curls
biceps - weighted chins
chest - bench or incline
chest - weighted dips, chest out, legs back
legs - squats
legs - leg press
shoulder - upright rows
shoulder - military press
triceps - weighted dips, body straight, legs straight
triceps - close grip bench

every 2 weeks, go up by 300 calories if body fat is still low. under no circumstance allow yourself to get over 12% body fat - as soon as your bicep vein is not visible unpumped, you need to add in more cardio, or lower your calories. :)

did i forget anything? i'm pretty sure i did.

lilGiant

lilGiant

Awards
DIet should be the 1st thing on your mind before any type of supplementation.

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
and focus on your form, dont worry about how much weight you got on there, that's when it's counterproductive. dont worry about other people in the gym, it's all about you.

in the future for sups, i like to get the best bang for my buck so if you were to purchuse some supplements i would reccomend 10lb scivation whey, carbslam waxy maize or 2 kwik karb, bulk creatine mono, and a simple multi and fish oil from the grocery store. whenever you can pick stuff up in bulk, do it, it is way cheaper. any questions on when, how, what, or other suggestions etc just ask!

o and you gotta EAT!!!!!! try to eat 6 smaller portions throughout the day, as opposed to 3 big meals

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
DIet should be the 1st thing on your mind before any type of supplementation.
:goodpost:

A lot of people just starting out want to jump right into the supplements, relying on them to be miracle workers.. for example you took hydroxycut and lost weight, but it was just water weight, glycogen, and maybe some muscle and a little fat. You have to 1st fine tune your diet according to your goals, then MAYBE look into some supplements once your diet and training is in check.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
at 19 all the supps you need are:
multi
creatine or some type of pre workout if you are into that stuff
whey
waxy maize or other carb

diet is the key as stated above posts...
right now i am about 190ish with 8% bf: here is my diet
yes it does suck but very easy to prepare, not too pricey and easy to take to work.

right when you wake up: 15-20g whey with 25-30g simple carbs (your body is in catabolism from sleeping and not having food and this will shift it into a more anabolic state)

45-1hr after your shake: 3 whole eggs with 3 eggs whites (but will change the ratio of whole to whites up), 1-2 cup oatmeal or 100% whole wheat toast

next meal: 30-40g protein either chicken, very lean ground beef; 1-2 cup brown rice; a few nuts

lunch: 40-50g protein again, 1-2 cup oatmeal; a few nuts

next meal: 20g whey/casien protein, 1-2 cup oatmeal

***WORKOUT***

postworkout: 40g whey, 80-100g waxy maize

dinner: 40-50g protein either chicken, very lean ground beef, fish; with 1-2 cup brown rice

before bed: 20-30g casien protein with small handful of almonds/walnuts/peanuts and fish oil in shake

it gets me about 1.5-2x weight in protein
I vary the carbs depending on what i am doing, when i want to cut down i start lower the carbs (but not after i workout those always stay). I also my add in some healthy fats while cutting to help with energy.

jfre07

Awards
Thanks alot for all the help! I was wondering what kind of workout you have found to be most effective? Ex. number of sets and what kind of workout each day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Nutrition / Health 0