Dhea

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.77%

Dhea

While at the Walmart.. today, browsing through vitamins i stumbled upon dhea. I have read some conflicting evidence on the net and would like to hear more from those with real world experience.

By the way, anybody hear about the guy Trampled to Death at walmart?

The dhea was $5 50mg tabs (x60.)
    so i snagged it. even if there are no perceiveable results whatsoever, it is worth the $5 to me just to find out firsthand.

At 20 years old, there are few hormone altering substances that i would feel comfortable sticking into my body, one reason is that i think there is a possibility that i may very well grow another inch or so in height and dont want to risk the rumored possible (premature?) growth plate closure. another reason being that my moods are already unstable as it is, im half crazy.

So, i have been taking zma for a bit longer than a year.
    I have tried tribulus, even though most claim that it will do no good to ~20 somethings. I have not read one single article that indicates that the tribulus could have negative effects.

I started the trib at a heavy dose and went for a bit less than 2 weeks. after beginning i started feeling a bit tierd, not as horny as usual, strength didnt really decrease as far as i could notice, but i felt unusually sore for a lot longer than normal. so i quit it. I am unsure whether the tribulus could have made my test actually DROP slightly, could have well been caused by something else. at any rate i still have half left and am going to give it another swing sometime soon.

Which brings us to discuss DHEA.
    a lot of people bash the stuff. others say it is great for those 35+ aged. Studies seem to suggest that it can have a slight impact on increasing memory and reducing cortisol levels.
    there is not a lot of evidence that suggests that it has a significant effect in building muscle, inspite of the fact that it is an andro precursor....

There are no studies out there that were conducted on 20 year old subjects; Some claim that it wont do anything but convert to estrogen in the young.

Who has tried it, and what happened?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.93%

i tried it at 21 and it completely restored my libido.. i would get so horny around any girls...i had to have sex 3 times a day at least.. i was going crazy took about 25-50mg a day. I really liked it.. no increase in strength/endurance that i could notice.. cycled off after finishing the bottle.. ive used it a couple more times and found that 25/50mg is the sweet spot for me.. i went up to 75 before and my left nip got puffy.. so i bumped it down to 25mg and never had any problems since.. i like to take it later in the day because thats when my test levels are lowest.
    start with 25mg .. i wouldnt go higher then 50mg .. you will notice results quick enough hormonally for someone your age
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.77%

i didnt mention that i naturally have extreme horniness, 3+ times a day; no problem. (besides having a girlfriend who believes sex is the only reason i keep her around...) anyway, i can recognize changes in libido, mood ect. pretty quickly as i am very attentive to these things.

the tabs are 50mg, id have to snap them in half if i wanted 25.
    i would start at 50 and see where it goes.

thanks for the response bigzach
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.96%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If i were u i would pick up some sort of AI just to make sure none of the DHEA will convert to any estrogens... its actaully pretty effective when combined with an AI...only sides i got was irritibility, and insomnia...i got stronger, leaner, much harder, and more vascularity...but i was running it pretty high...
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If you are just going to take DHEA and nothing else, then I wouldn't say that you would need an AI, or anything to stop conversion, but here is what DHEA will convert to.

DHEA is the precursor of androstenedione, which can undergo further conversion to produce the androgen testosterone and the estrogens estrone and estradiol.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.07%

at 20 yrs old your body should be already producing plenty of dhea hormone by itself.
    supplementing dhea when your body naturally already produces enough will most likely causes the additional dhea to primarily convert to straight estrogen.
    so i agree w/using an AI if you do use dhea.
    but i would skip it all together if i were you. stick with things like your zma.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    at 20 yrs old your body should be already producing plenty of dhea hormone by itself.
    supplementing dhea when your body naturally already produces enough will most likely causes the additional dhea to primarily convert to straight estrogen.
    so i agree w/using an AI if you do use dhea.
    but i would skip it all together if i were you. stick with things like your zma.
    Yeah I wouldn't even bother with it. I didn't even see the fact that you are 20 lol.

Hey Hank, what happened to NP's forum in the company section?
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Hey Hank, what happened to NP's forum in the company section?
    np still has it's own section. it is in it's own category though as 'supplement store': http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    np still has it's own section. it is in it's own category though as 'supplement store': http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/
    Thanks Hank! I gotta get over there and post about my order I just received! Got a couple freebies!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.77%

since i already have the stuff the itch to test it is there. afterall, i dont want to throw it away

what do you think about taking it alongside 6oxo as to hopefully tip conversion in favor of testosterone?
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.12%

If you have gotten a solid DHEA from walmart, and not some bunk off no name brand, you might get some libido boosts...I know I have at about 60mg per day but that was YEARS ago.

You might want to research it a bit more because there are TONS of articles on it.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.34%

My last sdrol cycle, I stacked it with DHEA @ 300mg ED.. no puffy nips.. incredible libido
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.22%

Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    My last sdrol cycle, I stacked it with DHEA @ 300mg ED.. no puffy nips.. incredible libido
    Any hair loss at all?
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

The only DHEA I have used is Dermacrine by Primordial Performance and it's the shizz. However DHEA does convert to sex hormones and may have the ability to close your growth plates if the estrodiol gets too high. Also DHEA has such a low conversion rate orally its silly. If you are tryin to stay away form hormonal products right now Id put it away for a rainy day or toss it, what brand is it from Walmart?
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerfball25 View Post
    The only DHEA I have used is Dermacrine by Primordial Performance and it's the shizz. However DHEA does convert to sex hormones and may have the ability to close your growth plates if the estrodiol gets too high. Also DHEA has such a low conversion rate orally its silly. If you are tryin to stay away form hormonal products right now Id put it away for a rainy day or toss it, what brand is it from Walmart?

it is AmeriFit brand. they are a legitimate company. ive taken 2pills so far.
    originally i thought there were 60 tabs in the bottle. there are only 50.
    anyway
    i will likely end up just putting it away and using it in a couple years or just give it away to somebody.

i really dont know if the stuff can close growth plates. i can find no solid info at all about it from searching google ect. and am not motivated to venture into unknown to find out. i stand at 5'10" but would like to hit 6 feet. my dad grew a couple inches after 20 y/o. and he hit 6'2. but my mom contributed her crappy 5'2 genes when they made me...
    i havent grown height at all i think in about 2 years. Well see what happens in 2 or 3 more.
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Any hair loss at all?
    None
  17. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.22%

Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    None
    Sweet!

Similar Forum Threads

1. 7-oxo-DHEA and 7-keto-DHEA doses
    By nattydisaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 02:37 AM
  2. DHEA vs 7-keto DHEA
    By grigs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
  3. Life Extension DHEA Supplements: DHEA vs. 7-Keto DHEA?
    By steve999 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
  4. Difference between pharmacy compounded DHEA and online DHEA?
    By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 04:01 PM
  5. SD,Transdermal DHEA/7oxo DHEA cycle plan
    By Mach .78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:19 PM